Henry County in 2009

the prophet

The newspaper said that Henry County played Kenwood in the Jamboree. Why would we play a team that we play in the regular season? We never did that when I was coaching.

I think it was a misprint RW. I thought we were playing Creek Wood in a jamboree at Kenwood High School. The Patriots website says Creek Wood http://www.localreplay.com/team/index.php?id=441411 Can anyone confirm this?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted the scrimmages on the website. However, I can't confirm that the location is Kenwood. If anyone finds out before Monday, let us know and I will change it. The Tennessean newspaper says At Clarksville: Henry Co. vs. Creek Wood, Clarksville vs. Sycamore. Now I'm really confused. I asked a player just now and he said HCHS will be playing Creekwood but he couldn't remember if the location was at Clarksville High or Kenwood. He will call me Monday (it was on the board in the locker room) at school. Even he didn't know what time they started. Both newspapers have conflicting reports. Maybe someone will let us know sooner.

For the thirtysomething fans that made it to Maplewood Wednesday afternoon, the three point kickers looked better, but one of them missed the extra point after the touchdown. I guess they need more practice. Simms is not as quick at throwing as Teague was last year. He got pounded a few times he ran it and so did McAdams. However they both made some yardage. If it weren't for the Maplewood defenders not being able to intercept a few, the score might be worse. Simms threw it once right into three defenders hands and they dropped it. One time he threw it to Haley (who was surrounded by three defenders) and all Haley could do was knock it away. There was some positives (defense played well), when the 406 pounder wasn't holding French. All in all, we will know more on the 14th. Just two more weeks to go before the Liberty game. We can't have some of those mistakes against Liberty.

The newspaper said that Henry County played Kenwood in the Jamboree. Why would we play a team that we play in the regular season? We never did that when I was coaching.

I think it was a misprint RW. I thought we were playing Creek Wood in a jamboree at Kenwood High School. The Patriots website says Creek Wood http://www.localreplay.com/team/index.php?id=441411 Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks. It wouldn't make any sense for us to be playing Kenwood. Who is Creek Wood?

I posted the scrimmages on the website. However, I can't confirm that the location is Kenwood. If anyone finds out before Monday, let us know and I will change it. The Tennessean newspaper says At Clarksville: Henry Co. vs. Creek Wood, Clarksville vs. Sycamore. Now I'm really confused. I asked a player just now and he said HCHS will be playing Creekwood but he couldn't remember if the location was at Clarksville High or Kenwood. He will call me Monday (it was on the board in the locker room) at school. Even he didn't know what time they started. Both newspapers have conflicting reports. Maybe someone will let us know sooner.

For the thirtysomething fans that made it to Maplewood Wednesday afternoon, the three point kickers looked better, but one of them missed the extra point after the touchdown. I guess they need more practice. Simms is not as quick at throwing as Teague was last year. He got pounded a few times he ran it and so did McAdams. However they both made some yardage. If it weren't for the Maplewood defenders not being able to intercept a few, the score might be worse. Simms threw it once right into three defenders hands and they dropped it. One time he threw it to Haley (who was surrounded by three defenders) and all Haley could do was knock it away. There was some positives (defense played well), when the 406 pounder wasn't holding French. All in all, we will know more on the 14th. Just two more weeks to go before the Liberty game. We can't have some of those mistakes against Liberty.

With a new QB who has never taken a snap in a game, you better get used to a few mistakes early in the season. He will also make some big plays, and by the end of the season, he will probably look like he has been starting for years.

Thanks. It wouldn't make any sense for us to be playing Kenwood. Who is Creek Wood?

Creekwood is the newest Dickson Co. school in Charlotte. They are 4A and rated 1st in their district by Murphy Fair.

I agree with RW about the inexperience at QB. Shonte will be fine but it will take a little time. Also, Marsalis was a special QB/athlete and I don't expect another one like him for awhile. That being said Shonte needs to be Shonte and not worry about what Marsalis did because they are completely different players.