Funny thing regarding Oak Ridge

If you get a chance, go to the Girl`s basketball board and read the thread on Oak Ridge`s girl`s basketball team. Someone has accused them of recruiting. It`s funny how most of the people responding are all saying pretty much the same thing...."When you have a good program, people want their kids to go there."

I`ve tried to raise the same point here when all the whiners start talking about some private schools and how they supposedly recruit. I`ve even brought up the fact that a program like Germantown`s baseball program attracted a kid from Jackson Christian School a few years ago. He moved so he could go to Germantown. I was met with criticism when I brought it up on here.

I`ve also said that all kids have a choice to play wherever they want to play. Just like those girl`s from Clinton made their choice to play for Oak Ridge. But again, I`m met with harsh criticism.

The fact is there are a few private schools that have nice facilities and good coaches. (not to mention they offer a great education) These schools will naturally be attractive to some people. Some people choose to go to private schools while others go to the public school of their choice. And some people just want to whine about things.

NO the actual fact is the people on this board are public school supporters, and if there were more private school kids, parents, teachers, and coaches on this board...they might understand, until then I give up trying to tell fans that there is more appealing things then just being on a good football team....I'm sorry but paying 6000 just to be on a football team sounds pretty steap...sometimes there are other things they like!

Volunteer General:

Ever hear of someone moving to attend a private school? My guess is "no." But people have accused families of relocating to a public school's community to attend a particular high school.

When someone moves to a public school community, they have to pay some local taxes, and if they purchase property, they pay property taxes. Big difference between relocating to attend a school and actually paying to do so, and attending a private school on a "scholarship."