Drew Kelly scores 67!

NashCeltics

Watched Drew Kelly, 6'7 PF from Centennial (Miami (OH) commit) scored 67pts yesterday afternoon at the King of the Bluegrass Invitational in Louisville. It is one of the oldest and better HS tourneys in the Southeast.

He scored 65pts in regulation and only 2 in Overtime as his team lost. He shattered the previous tournament scoring record of 52pts. 27/33 from the floor and connected on 3/4 three pointers including one with 6 seconds left to send it to overtime. The opponent was Dorsey HS from California. Very quick athletic team with a couple 6'6 interior players. It was remarkable as he scored from everywhere on the floor and did alot off the dribble.

He finished with 67pts, 12 rebs and 8 assists. Other notable players in the tourney are Jon Hood (Kentucky commit, played with Nashville Celtics AAU), Peyton Siva (Louisville commit, one of best pgs in country) and Shawn Kemp Jr (Alabama commit).

In Kelly's first game, he was double teamed and triple teamed the entire game playing against Shawn Kemp, Jr. team. He still managed 14pts and 11 rebs and was very efficient although didnt touch it much.

Congrats to Drew on a remarkable achievement.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Drew Kelly, 6'7 PF from Centennial (Miami (OH) commit) scored 67pts yesterday afternoon at the King of the Bluegrass Invitational in Louisville. It is one of the oldest and better HS tourneys in the Southeast.

He scored 65pts in regulation and only 2 in Overtime as his team lost. He shattered the previous tournament scoring record of 52pts. 27/33 from the floor and connected on 3/4 three pointers including one with 6 seconds left to send it to overtime. The opponent was Dorsey HS from California. Very quick athletic team with a couple 6'6 interior players. It was remarkable as he scored from everywhere on the floor and did alot off the dribble.

He finished with 67pts, 12 rebs and 8 assists. Other notable players in the tourney are Jon Hood (Kentucky commit, played with Nashville Celtics AAU), Peyton Siva (Louisville commit, one of best pgs in country) and Shawn Kemp Jr (Alabama commit).

In Kelly's first game, he was double teamed and triple teamed the entire game playing against Shawn Kemp, Jr. team. He still managed 14pts and 11 rebs and was very efficient although didnt touch it much.

Congrats to Drew on a remarkable achievement.

He is a great player for sure. he better get used to that double and triple team stuff because until someone else on his team steps up and scores he is going to have a lot of company around him in the lane.

Nashceltics, in your opinion...do you think Kelly was underrecruited?

Sounds like Kelly is dominating this event!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes he was in my opinion. He had a lot of High Major interest. Those guys wanted to him to be 6'8 rather than 6'7 (literally, that was alot of the comments I got..."we love him, just wish he were a little taller"). Ultimately though, some football injuries took its toll on his legs in Spring and Summer and that really hurt his recruitment. However, he has gotten that spring back and is showing a great face-up game which is also a component most wanted to see.

Yes he was in my opinion. He had a lot of High Major interest. Those guys wanted to him to be 6'8 rather than 6'7 (literally, that was alot of the comments I got..."we love him, just wish he were a little taller"). Ultimately though, some football injuries took its toll on his legs in Spring and Summer and that really hurt his recruitment. However, he has gotten that spring back and is showing a great face-up game which is also a component most wanted to see.

I was kinda thinking that. I have a feeling Jay Murphy's size will hurt him to, he would certainly be considered small at the next level (even for a PG)...Anyway, sorry for getting off topic. Congrats to Kelly!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I look forward to watching him in the years to come. I think Miami (OH) got a steal.