Wartburg V.S. Coalfield

tightend5

crazed:

You've got YOUR jock strap wound a little too tight if you are serious about that score! This isn't going to be a 35-6 game---no way, no how.

Since coming to Morgan Co. almost ten years ago, I've seen several great Coalfield vs. Wartburg battles---even been on the sidelines for a couple of them. This Friday night's will be the first I'll have missed (gotta work ;) ) and that's a shame because this one may be as good a battle as we've seen in a while.

I'll take Coalfield on the road by a single point:

Jackets 28

Bulldogs 27

---rSquared

Crazed, I am calling you out on this board for your inaccurate comments by saying some Coalfield lineman average 150 lbs. Name them and their weight? I would imagine COalfield lineman average close to 190 and above, not the 150 as you suggest. Get a clue before you post foolish remarks.

I do think Wartburg is in for a battle. Look for a great heated rivalry game.

Good luck to both teams

Thanks for the replys, it should be a great game friday, and coalfield has a 260 linemen how in the world do they average 150? the center is 185 the tackle 260, the gueard 180, the smallest linemen goes 160, something in that area, so i would imagine,and on defense im playing the end position and weighing 235, and on offence tightend, so i look for it to be a goood ole "slobber knocker" and i've never known coalfield not to hit, it will be a slug fest.

I have an opinion, and a question for wartburg fans. First of all, I am in no way puting down wartburg, I think they are a very good football team, deffinitly top 20, and think they will be in competion for 2nd or 3rd place in what I think is the toughest region in 2a! But I noticed that they play a lot of 1a teams, do they also scrimmage a lot of 1a schools?, and don't you think that hurts them some when it comes to their region games? If you play and scrimmage against bigger schools, I think it helps you in the long run, do you agree or disagree? I noticed Sweetwater, Alcoa, and OS seem to play and scrimm bigger schools a lot of the time. This fall Sweetwater scrimm and beat 5a McMinn co, 4a Carter, 4a Sulivan south,3a Lenior city, and strong 2a Polk co., and marion co. They play in the regular season 5a Coffee co., 3a Gatlinburg pitman, 3a Loudon, 3a Sequoyah, and 2a Tellico. I know some of those games are rivalies, but it would deffinitly help some in my opinion if you replaced some of those teams, atleast every once in a while. As I said goor luck to the Bulldogs! Wartburg 34 - Coalfield 19 :)

Cats1990, you bring up a vaild point about the Class A schools on Wartburg's schedule, but you have to consider that Coalfield, Oakdale and Sunbright are all county rivals and are good money games for both schools. Wartburg scrimmages Webb in the spring and fall every year, and I can guarantee you that the Spartans, year in and year out, are equal to or better than most teams in this area. I do wish Wartburg would replace Jellico with a Kingston, Loudon or Lenoir City type team. As for the game Friday night, I am excited. This is always one of, if not the best, games that I look forward to the most. I truly believe it will be an action-packed game for the fans and the players. I predicted Wartburg would win 40-31 in the paper, but that is just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions. Good luck to both teams, and I will be pulling for both schools.