Laken Leonard

theCoach07

You cannot transfer points from middle school games. She has scored 2000 points playing high school basketball and all of this by halfway through her junior year. What an accomplishment and what a fine young lady. Congrats to Miss Leonard!

She started playing varsity for RBS while she was in the 8th grade so this is her fourth year of playing high school basketball but, a great accomplishment none the less.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot transfer points from middle school games. She has scored 2000 points playing high school basketball and all of this by halfway through her junior year. What an accomplishment and what a fine young lady. Congrats to Miss Leonard!

I am pretty sure you can play varsity high school ball when you are in junior high as long as the grade school and high school are connected. Looks like since you are from JC you would know that because I think JC is like that too. So did some of her points come from junior high?

I am pretty sure you can play varsity high school ball when you are in junior high as long as the grade school and high school are connected. Looks like since you are from JC you would know that because I think JC is like that too. So did some of her points come from junior high?

Congrats to laken, she is an incredible young lady, and also a strong Christian. From her peeps at the JCHS Fellowhship of Christian Athletes congrate laken now go get state!!!

JC is not connected, never has been and and none of her points came from junior high; however the points she scored at RBS in the eight grade the games she played for high school would count but there was not that many but she still has a year and half to play at high school level. Most players are reconized for 1000 and this is a great accomplishment concidering the assist she has, and the other 1000 point players she has played with.

JC is not connected, never has been and and none of her points came from junior high; however the points she scored at RBS in the eight grade the games she played for high school would count but there was not that many but she still has a year and half to play at high school level. Most players are reconized for 1000 and this is a great accomplishment concidering the assist she has, and the other 1000 point players she has played with.

There weren't that many? She got Co-Freshman of the Year while she was in 8th grade! She had plenty, she didn't play in the first minute, but when she went in she never left. Justhow many did she have that first year, I would guess that it was not much off a drop-off from the next several years. She'll get to play five years and will probably get the state record also. Whatever it is. Congrats.

She'll get to play five years and will probably get the state record also. Whatever it is. Congrats.

According to tssaa.org, the All time record belongs to Margie Gillespie, Spring City, (1967-1971) with 4463 points. That was during the 6 on 6 era. The 5 on 5 era record belongs to Nikkie McCray, Collierville, (1986-1990) with 3594 points

According to points reported to the Tennessean (very unoffical and probably incorrect)

2005 .... 486 (8th grade)

2006 .... 668

2007 .... 563

2008 .... 354 as of 1/3/09

Total ... 2071

Great job Laken!!! Congratulations

Link for 2005 data. Look down to avg of 14.3 per game.

http://preps.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...mp;stat=scoring

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Proud of you laken and all the kind words that people say about ya!! You are an exceptional young lady and sad to say haven't seen you play this time around things have been busy around here but going to get there real soon... Miss you girls!! I keep up with ya though...Congrats!!

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Proud of you laken and all the kind words that people say about ya!! You are an exceptional young lady and sad to say haven't seen you play this time around things have been busy around here but going to get there real soon... Miss you girls!! I keep up with ya though...Congrats!!

Wondered where you were. Glad to see your post. Maybe you will liven up the boards.

Wondered where you were. Glad to see your post. Maybe you will liven up the boards.

Dang foxy been real busy havent even got to go to one game yet but I plan on fireing them up this next week be interesting to see la and jc...gotta dust my blues off lol!! missed everybody!! Looks like the boards are pretty dull!! lol /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

My bad. I thought there was a walk way connecting the two schools. That's all that is required for you to be able to play on high school team as a junior high student. Not taking anything from laken cause she is tough! I was just wondering how it all worked with grade school playing up in high school.

My bad. I thought there was a walk way connecting the two schools. That's all that is required for you to be able to play on high school team as a junior high student. Not taking anything from laken cause she is tough! I was just wondering how it all worked with grade school playing up in high school.

How many times do I have to post this,if both schools are under 1 roof,you can play on the varsity team while in jr high,sorry walkways do not count.