Laken Leonard

theCoach07

Laken is a great young lady who is very deserving of her 2000 point. IMO the fact that she scored almost 500 pts as an eight grader is amazing. Some great players didn't accomplish this in their 1st two years. I for one give her the credit she is due and wish her the best in life's journey!!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times do I have to post this,if both schools are under 1 roof,you can play on the varsity team while in jr high,sorry walkways do not count.

What muffin is trying to say as long as your in the same building you can play on high school teams. So RBS is classified as two schools Red Boiling Elementary K-6 and Red Boiling High School 7-12. So any points scored from her 8th grade year in high school varisty game would count. oh yeah almost forgot CONGRATS LAKEN!

Did Coach White and Coach Brown get together and add up all the points. Wonder which school will retire her jersey (possibly both). Wished this young lady would have finished school where she started. Makes people wonder what could have been and why it happened.

I don't think any amount of money would get Larry White to retire that jersey :^)

Being under one roof doesn't matter. For years Greenfield was in two seperate buildings and they moved up 8th graders after the Jr High season was over. The Jr High/Middle School has to be the same school as the high school. Greenfield is a K-12 school, RBS is a 7-12 school, so they can move up.

Being under one roof doesn't matter. For years Greenfield was in two seperate buildings and they moved up 8th graders after the Jr High season was over. The Jr High/Middle School has to be the same school as the high school. Greenfield is a K-12 school, RBS is a 7-12 school, so they can move up.

Your right jvaughan it doesnt matter how many buildings they have its just all about how its classified such as K-12, 7-12,9-12, etc....

I am pretty sure you can play varsity high school ball when you are in junior high as long as the grade school and high school are connected. Looks like since you are from JC you would know that because I think JC is like that too. So did some of her points come from junior high?

Evidently you didn't understand or read my post correctly. I said you cannot transfer your points from "MIDDLE SCHOOL" games. All of her points came in high school games. Now she did play high school after christmas of her 8th grade year, however Jackson County is not like that as the schools are not connected. Lets not try to diminish this great achievement by an fine athlete and an even better young lady.

Evidently you didn't understand or read my post correctly. I said you cannot transfer your points from "MIDDLE SCHOOL" games. All of her points came in high school games. Now she did play high school after christmas of her 8th grade year, however Jackson County is not like that as the schools are not connected. Lets not try to diminish this great achievement by an fine athlete and an even better young lady.

She played in 34 games for the varsity during her eighth grade year,not after Christmas.

Laken is a great young lady who is very deserving of her 2000 point. IMO the fact that she scored almost 500 pts as an eight grader is amazing. Some great players didn't accomplish this in their 1st two years. I for one give her the credit she is due and wish her the best in life's journey!!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

JC is not connected, never has been and and none of her points came from junior high; however the points she scored at RBS in the eight grade the games she played for high school would count but there was not that many but she still has a year and half to play at high school level. Most players are reconized for 1000 and this is a great accomplishment concidering the assist she has, and the other 1000 point players she has played with.

I can admit I was wrong or "mislead" about Jackson County being connected to the grade school and players being able to play up in high school but you were so quick to dis me and you didn't have all the facts either. You said none of her points come from junior high and in fact 500 pts did. 500 pts is a lot! I know all this talk about where her points came from has taken some of the light off her accomplishment and I didn't mean for that to happen. I was just responding to a previous post. But you kind of had to expect everyone to ask if her points carried over.

Congratulations Laken

I will tell you like the other guy.... I can admit I was wrong or "mislead" about Jackson County being connected to the grade school and players being able to play up in high school. I do think 500 pts is a lot! Not trying to diminish anything but you kind of had to expect everyone to ask if her points carried over. She will set plenty of records and when she does you know this will come up again because these are facts that you can't expect people not to talk about. Not everyone has a chance to add an extra year to their high school basketball career. To me in the spin of things it doesn't matter because when you really look at it she scored 500 pts in her 8th grade year against high school players??¦.that??™s even more amazing to me!

Congratulations Laken

I don't understand why anyone thinks that scoring 500 pts as a eigth grader against FR,SO,JR,and Seniors takes away from what she has done. It just makes it more remarkable than others who have reached the 2000 pt mark. Tssaa doesn't let 7th graders play up but if a 8th grader is mature enough and has the skills he/she should get that chance. IMO it shouldn't matter if the schools are classified as k-8 or K-12. If you play up as an 8th grader you are lock in to that high school and cannot transfer without a move of residence by your family which IMO you should always have the right to do what's best for your child and family. Again this young lady is VERY DESERVING of the goals she has reached on and off the court.