McKenzie Rebels: 2009 Predictions

rebelman18

I'm glad that i'm not the only one who can remember the old conferences. There are just a few old heads like me on these boards that played or even new they were just 3 conferences. Back in those days we just beat up on each other week after week. After evergame you would be bruised and battered it was tough. There hardly were many high scoring games they were usally close. Once in a while u had a blow out but not many times. The top two teams would play for the marbles everyear it was usally Brownsville in the big game playing someone every year. If u went 6-4 or maybe 7-3 who were considered a good football team and u usally were. They had bowl games in those days and 4 to 5 teams would play in one every year. We went to Pulaski my senior year we were 7-3 and beat a 8-2 Pulaski team 20-6. I just glad to hear that someone besides me remember the old conferences. When they started the classification in 69 that was a good thing. Brownsville was always the team to beat they could have played with any one in the state back then. I said enough but i wish the Rebels again a great year! The bowl we played in was the Butter Bowl don't know if u remember that or not. :flower:

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that the Rebels have a new kicker this year. He is a high school soccer player who has been asked to kick for the Rebels this year. Does anyone else have any more information concerning the new kicker for the Rebels.

Go Rebels

I wasn't aware of a soccer player coming to be the new kicker, but I know Austin McKinney was slated to be the kicker for McKenzie.

I understand that the Rebels have a new kicker this year. He is a high school soccer player who has been asked to kick for the Rebels this year. Does anyone else have any more information concerning the new kicker for the Rebels.

Go Rebels

The Rebels are tring out a soccer player for kicking duties this year. I hate to mention the young mans name right now, but from what he did yesterday I believe he will see some time at kick offs for awhile. I'm sure he will get plenty of practice before the season starts and is very capable of doing the XP's also. Austin will probable do the XP's until the coaches are comfortable with the our new kicker.

Yesterday the Rebels looked very, very good. The offense is going to be explosive on the ground and in the air. Austin looked very strong as well as Jake, Quentin and Austin Taylor. The O-line looked stronger than I've seen in awhile. They are fast and very strong up front. I missed the Defense practice so I can't comment on them right now. Friday we travel to Crocket County to practice with them around noon and then we scrimmage them around 6 PM.

This seasons Rebels are going to be fun to watch. I counted around 52 kids out for the first day of camp and everyone of them were working extremly hard. Those kids are pumped and ready to get it on. Should be another fun ride for the rebel nation to watch. As always boys, work hard and we are behind you all the way.

I've talked to alot of people from here in mckenzie. Im a Mckenzie fan And a real big one. And after talkin i've got to see this group of football players grow since i just graduated three yrs ago. they are very athletic and they will have agreat core of guys. they will do a great job they are very improved i believe they will be in cookville. Good luck Guys work hard

Hey Duck,

Just got the word tonight. I am back on the radio w/ LJ since Bro. Clayton moved down to LSU country.

Well There Goes The Neighborhood. Just What We Needed A Penny Loafing Expert Doing Color Commentary. LOL, But It Should Make For An Informative But Colorful Radio Show. Welcome Aboard. :thumb:

I've talked to alot of people from here in mckenzie. Im a Mckenzie fan And a real big one. And after talkin i've got to see this group of football players grow since i just graduated three yrs ago. they are very athletic and they will have agreat core of guys. they will do a great job they are very improved i believe they will be in cookville. Good luck Guys work hard

:thumb: Don't get ahead of youself, Reb... I know a couple of darn good teams between you and Cookeville.. :)

:roflol: Don't get ahead of youself, Reb... I know a couple of darn good teams between you and Cookeville.. :D

I Hope Your Not talking About That Dishwashing Sponsored Team Called Cascade Are You? :roflol:

:roflolk: Don't get ahead of youself, Reb... I know a couple of darn good teams between you and Cookeville.. ;)

I Hope Your Not talking About That Dishwashing Sponsored Team Called Cascade Are You? :thumb:[/quote you big pie head eating thing you don't know nothing about pigskin