McKenzie Rebels: 2009 Predictions

rebelman18

and didnt yall lose pretty much ur whole offensive line? yeah quick recievers and a VERY talented backfield from what i saw last year is great.. but it all starts witht the line.. do u honostly believe u can a state championship with an inexperienced line?

im just sayin :flower:

Sounds like to me, you MIGHT have some bad information. We graduated two starting linemen and looks like lost one to injury but, got good kids with exerience to step into their shoes on Friday nights. Our line should be just fine this time.

Don't reckon we've gotten around to talking about state championships just yet. Lots of football between now and then.

But, you are right about a couple of things like quick receivers, very talented backfield and I guess I could add quickness on O and D lines and likewise in the D secondary.

I reckon we'll be OK so no need to go spend $2.50 on a sympathy card to send us. :flower::flower::flower:

See ya'll at the Jamboree!

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and didnt yall lose pretty much ur whole offensive line? yeah quick recievers and a VERY talented backfield from what i saw last year is great.. but it all starts witht the line.. do u honostly believe u can a state championship with an inexperienced line?

im just sayin :D

Well, I'm gonna step in here on this one. All our starting line this year played in most games and even started from time to time last year. I don't think our line will be an issue this year as long as we stay health. Entire backfield plus a new one is back, all recievers etc., etc. To make it simple, we return 22 letterman back that has VAST experience. Pretty much like yall, we return 8 on D and 8 on O. It's a jamboree and I don't imagine we will show a whole lot in it. Never have and probaly never will. We will have alot of young kids playing it just like always. Either way, we will be there just like always.

Hey Big Swo,

Glad To See Ya Around. The Jamboree Should be Alot of Fun. Hope We Can Hook Up. I Like to Hang Around the Endzone Opposite the Fieldhouse. Look For Me, I'd Like To Meet The People I Chat With. Me And Ole Duck Sorta Try And Meet All We Can. This Web-site Has Given Us The Oppourtunity To Meet Some Really Cool People. Good Luck To Union City This Year. The Games We Had With Ya Were Challenging. See Ya Dude.

From what I was hearing tonight at the Union City Game, they plan to start their freshmen and none starters in the game.

We don't want to be to hard on the Rebels. Trash Times....just kidding.

I hate though that we will not meet in the playoffs this year. Union City is really good as well as McKenzie I know.

This coming Friday thoug, Union City will not come out only with our backup team....practice squad.

No, really, Union City will be ready and have a few liitle trick up our sleeves.

I will say we do have a fine field goal kicker in a transfer from Spain as an exchange student. He can kick th fire out of that ball.

From what I was told this afternoon, the Rebels took Lexington to the woodshed in the scrimmage yesterday. I was told the score was 11 to 1 Rebels and the one Lexington score was against our 2nd team.

So is Lexington REALLY down this season or are the Rebels that good????? I know what my feelings are on the subject but, wonder what ya'll others in Rebel Nation think on the question!!!!

From what I was told this afternoon, the Rebels took Lexington to the woodshed in the scrimmage yesterday. I was told the score was 11 to 1 Rebels and the one Lexington score was against our 2nd team.

So is Lexington REALLY down this season or are the Rebels that good????? I know what my feelings are on the subject but, wonder what ya'll others in Rebel Nation think on the question!!!!

Yeah, thats what I was told. One of the coaches also told me that Lexington had a couple of good players that were down with injuries, their starting QB and I think one of their linebackers, both of whom are good athletes, which would have likely made a slight difference in the score.

Injuries or not, it's still unusual to score that many points against Lexington if you ask me.

Duckman, I think we are that good sorta...........We still have alot of work to do before we can say we're that good. I'll give Lexington credit, they were without the QB and best linebacker because of injuries. The score was 11-2 and both scores we're on our 2nd team. First 2 plays for the Rebs were 80 yard runs from Quinton and Austin M. and I believe the 5th play was a 50 yard TD pass and it continued on the rest of the scrimmage. The line totally dominated a much bigger Lex squad all day. We improved 110% from the Crocket County match. CC total whipped us the first part of the scrimmage then we kinda woke up. They gave us a reality check real quick over there.

Now we will be a great running team if we stay healthy. Jake is nursing his sore hamstrings and Quinton strained his achilles in the Lex scrim. Neither are serious and both are playing sparingly until the season starts. Keon has been a HUGE addition in the backfield. That kid will be big this year. That gives us 4 MAJOR threats that teams have to key on including Austin M. Lets not forget Austin T, that young man is a horse at FB and will knock your socks off. Passing game is the best I've seen in awhile. Max and John have made outstanding catches in the scrimmages and are gonna cause problems if teams key on the run which I believe the will so look for big numbers in the passing game.

Defense is improving everyday. I saw the old rebel intensity in the Lex game. We were missing it at CC and that hurt. Evan will have a huge year and look for him to dimantle alot of QB's. Tyler Sisson has shown he can play opposite Evan and will have a good year. Secondary, nothing to say but good. We have the same guys back from last year so you know what means, please throw the ball on us PLEASEEEEE. Bisquit will cause problems at nosequard with double teams and that means our LB will have a good year as well. D will be as dominate as last year in my opinion.

So know that I've wrote my book, I look for us to have a big year with a major run in the playoffs. The schedule we play will have us prepared for the end of year run. It will be an exciting year in Rebel country so get those red shirts on and lets get it rolling.

I'm ready to start yesterday McKRebelDad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya duckman....................We scrimmage McNairy Central at home Tuesday so if you get a chance come on out and take a look. I believe it starts around 4ish but not real sure. As soon as I find out the time for sure I'll let all know.