Steven Jones, Brentwood High

boneal52

How did he look against BA? I keep reading that the world is pretty high on him this year. I've seen him play the last two years and played against him breifly in one of those years. To be honest, I've yet to be really impressed with him. I see him as a HUGE ball of potential that if tapped, could be lethal. He has a great frame and can run, but I've never seen him really unleash on the field. I thought Richard Freeman was the better of the two by far and had a much better motor. I think Jones should probably be able to just take over a game and dominate it. He should be able to do the things that a dominant Dlineman should do, like running down plays from the back side and coming up with big sacks on 3rd down. He seems like the kind of kid who could ring up 80 or 90 stops and with his long arms and feet, I dont see any reason why he couldn't get 15 to 20 sacks either. I wish him the best of luck, but let me know how it went for him the other night.

I watched Trey Teague`s career at USJ and he was a good player. But I have to admit I was shocked when I heard that UT wanted to sign him. In fact, Coach Fulmer told him back then that he would be playing on Sundays one of these days. The fact that he was playing for a 1A school against other 1A schools made me feel like he too should be just taking over a game. It made me realize that while I enjoy watching high school football, I really had no idea as to what the the people who actually know what they are doing look for. They simply looked at Trey`s size, the speed he had and his bone structure. They knew then how much weight they could put on him with minimal loss of speed. Of course today Trey is enjoying a fine career in the NFL. So the fact that Jones didn`t seem to dominate the game means nothing to his potential or what he can be or will be.