Ryan Results

rebelfan13

As I said before, this "roping off" that you and ironman are referring to happens at any tournament for the host team. I won't get into the matches being all on one mat for the Ryan wrestlers because that's ridiculous and carries no relevance- all of the matches are random and assigned by weight class to each mat and are run through that way. And if people have a problem with the Ryan tournament and if it's not enjoyable then don't waste your admission ticket and don't come, especially if you don't have a dog in the fight.

MWR,

After 8 years of having high school wrestlers and going to a whole bunch of tournaments, I've never been to a tournament that ropes off a section like that. I've helped work at the G.P. West for a bunch of years and we do nothing of the sort. Our finals matches are always on the center mat so that everyone in the gym has a good seat.

Having said that, it's your tournament and you can do what you want. There's nothing wrong with creating a home court environment. And if a confident young wrestler walks into your snake pit, beats your stud with a couple of pretty takedowns, and spits in your eye, don't be surprised. These are teenagers.

I thought it was a great tournament as always, extremely well run, with some great wrestling. I've been watching both Patrick Marchetti and Justin Cash since they we're middle schoolers and I hope I get to see them in Chattanooga do it again. Great Job Father Ryan!

P.S. - A shout out to my boys Blake Thomas and Cameron Croy from Brentwood. They we're both dominant.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that gets roped off at the Bradley Invitational is the head tables. These are up in the bleachers on the left side as you enter the gym. (A good seat helps keep the table workers happy and happy table workers make for a smoother run tourny.) Now it is very true that most all of the Bradley parents and fans sit in this same section but it is in no way roped off or reserved for us. Shared space with some nice Ootewah fans on Saturday. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Tex:

It may still be a bunch of nothing, but Cena's move, which he flashes at a crowd after a win, is generally thought of as Cena's means of "taunting " the crowd. You can find the move on You Tube, see it when Cena appears on WWE, and there is actually a site describing how to properly do it at : http://www.wikihow.com/Do-John-Cena's-You-Cant-See-Me-Taunt. .

So this is what he did?

Last few times he just pointed at the scoreboard.

And to answer your post-- Where have you been in the wrestling community??!! I can think of a couple tournaments off the top of my head that also "rope off" areas. Have you heard of the McCallie Invitational and the the Mater Dei Duals?? McCallie's finals have usually been on the middle mat right next to the middle of the bleachers where all of the McCallie fans sit and Mater Dei brings out 30+ chairs for their wrestlers and they don't move from their mat the entire tournament.

So what in the world is your point? How is that even an issue that the host team sits next to whatever mat!

In the future, please come up with something at least a little better if your going to try to stir something up.

From the replies of the McCallie and Bradley folks the info is not correct.

fr

1. As I said before, this "roping off" that you and ironman are referring to happens at any tournament for the host team.

2. I won't get into the matches being all on one mat for the Ryan wrestlers because that's ridiculous and carries no relevance- all of the matches are random and assigned by weight class to each mat and are run through that way.

3. And if people have a problem with the Ryan tournament and if it's not enjoyable then don't waste your admission ticket and don't come, especially if you don't have a dog in the fight.

1. It does not happen at every tournament!!!!!!!!

2. Have you worked the head table and know this for a fact? From going to the FR Tourney since 2001 it seams to be the case. Prelims I know seam that way!

3. Plenty of teams have dropped out but it does have some great Comp even though it is skewed toward the Irish Grapplers. BTW- You didn't get my dollar this year but my family and clan has dished out $$ at FR since the 50's.

So I hope you really don't want folks who have a different opinion than Irish Fans not to come to the FR Tourney,

That wouldn't be smart or good for the sport.

Being a professional wrestling scholar dating to back in the day, I explained it on the last post on page 7. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

OH.....thanks.

So the "I can not see you" is the issue that the FR fans were taking such umbrage with?

I guess the translation was (finger to lips) I can not hear you and (hand waving in front of face) I cannot see you either.

Seems quite mild to me.

A one finger salute would be insulting, but this just seems to be funny.

OH.....thanks.

So the "I can not see you" is the issue that the FR fans were taking such umbrage with?

I guess the translation was (finger to lips) I can not hear you and (hand waving in front of face) I cannot see you either.

Seems quite mild to me.

A one finger salute would be insulting, but this just seems to be funny.

Sounds smart to me!