Ryan Results

rebelfan13

These posts, particularly ironman's, are quite entertaining. It seems that the only reason Ryan fans are jerks as stated so intelligently by ironman and others, is simply because they are passionate and cheer for their team. And it is seen as worse simply because they have numbers- more fans than other teams at the tournament.

If any of you are going to attempt to sit there and tell the rest of us that you and your fellow fans don't cheer and go crazy when one of your wrestlers win, boo a kid if he taunts and doesn't show class, or yell calls at the refs such as stalling and TWOOOOO then you are RIDICULOUS( correct spelling ironman).

I cannot count the times I have been at wrestling tournaments where the parents of a team cheer EXACTLY how you are accusing Ryan fans of cheering for their team. Also, it's these same fans from these teams who yell the most ridiculous things that don't even make sense. Atleast know the sport and know the rules if your going to yell at the refs. It's so entertaining to see fans from schools that have no clue what they are talking about yell things at the refs such as "that's a takedown" when neither wrestle is even in a position to score, actually come to think of it Rigger, one of these instances was from a Hendersonville couple at last year's Ryan tournament.

Lastly, lets get one thing straight- I am not condoning some of the Ryan fans behavior, but for those of you to say that all Ryan fans are jerks or have a negative perception of them because of a few is completely ignorant especially when you know only a few. However, it's also disturbing to say that Cash's behavior is acceptable, as so many of you have stated. Let's just take a second to imagine if he had done that to you and your fans, would you be a little upset?? I think so.

Good evening, MWR. I think when folks say "all Ryan fans" they actually don't mean each and every one, they are trying to descibe the overall experience in the gym as has been described in some of these posts. You have taken literary license by implying that Ryan fans "know wrestling" and therefore only yell the proper criticism of the refs or the other team's wrestler or their coach.....you are making the point well for those who resent the overall "Ryan experience"....I can't speak for Rigger, or for those representing the "other schools" who don't know as much about wrestling as you and your fans do, but this smells of arrogance, and a little bit of bias, which is just short of ignorance...one might think you see things "your way", like ref's calls...and let's get one other thing straight: what went on was a little more than "I am not condoning some of the Ryan fans (you can put an apostrophe in there if you like) behavior " . That is quite an understatement....and we don't even have to remind each other that all of us ADULTS should behave like adults! Congrats to the Ryan wrestlers, by the way, that is what has been lost in this overall experience...Take care

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Smokes!! CoachMick hit a lateral drop back in the 80's!!! WOWWW!!! You must have been the best kid on your team and everything. I bet afterwards you walked off the mat and asked everyone "did ya see me hit that lateral drop back there, that was great". Hey man you deserve a medal for this!! Because God knows that you dont have any for anything else..... The referees actually did take one team point away from Brentwood Academy for Cash's horrid actions.. I mean that was awful, everyone should be offended! What a bad apple! Gee I hope my kids dont act like that. Naaa, come to think of it, it wasnt that big of a deal. Cash and Marchetti are both great wrestlers. The only thing I could say negative about Cash is that he acted like he has never won a championship before. He should have just shook Marchetti's hand and walked off, but it was not that big of a deal. I can really see alot of Anti Father Ryan posters, I really dont know why you are so upset about the fans. It is not like one of them stood up and yelled a racial slur at Cash?? They just booed. Get over it. No one from Father Ryan is judging the rest of BA for Cash, or saying that their team taunts and are cocky or anything to that extent. So why should the rest of the wrestling community start judging the whole Father Ryan wrestling fan base? Which was comprised of mostly STUDENTS!!! It was a bunch of kids booing another kid. Their were some parents who booed, but that does not make them bad people? It means they are passionate about their school and their sport. Anyway you are a bunch of adults who use "secret names" to post on a forum so your not to far from what you preach.

First of all, the only kid you mentioned I know of is Marchetti as I'm from DIV I, and he is a class act for sure. I was very proud of his attitude and response. I know nothing of these others as I'm just a DIV 1 parent. You are correct, we as parents are supposed to be positive role models. The only positive role model I saw from FR was Machetti (I didn't see his dad after the match, but from what I've read he sounds like a class act too). You are correct in that I have become anti FR by choice.....the choice was influenced by FR parents reaction to a kid holding a finger over his mouth......in addition.....the rest of the gym cheering the kid when he did it. Now why in the world do you think 23 other schools people would do that???? Kind of made me wonder??? I neither cheered nor did I boo, i just sat in awe and amazement at what was happening. I have never seen that at a wrestling match before. Maybe it's common in Div II, but I've never seen it before. The kid was just being a kid in response to adults when he won. Oh and by the way......I didn't form my opinion until reading this blog and all the excuses from parents from FR. But mommy....he did it first......oh well honey...... if he did it first...........I guess it's okay for us to do it......duh!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and yes, I ALWAYS VOTE.....not a REP or a DEM.....I vote for conservative values whoever best represents them!!!

Good Post and points! Some of your post are the same things other parents and wrestlers have said for years.

Congrats on yours sons performance!

Ok, I'm man enough to apoligize for anyone taking that as a personal attack. It wasn't meant to be an attack. I stated what I feel is taught there through my experiences with that program. If it sounded that way, once again I apoligize. I do respect what Pat Simpson has done for this sport even if I am not a big Pat Simpson and Father Ryan fan.

Ok, I'm man enough to apoligize for anyone taking that as a personal attack. It wasn't meant to be an attack. I stated what I feel is taught there through my experiences with that program. If it sounded that way, once again I apoligize. I do respect what Pat Simpson has done for this sport even if I am not a big Pat Simpson and Father Ryan fan.

I enjoyed your post from the perspective of a young man who has been on that mat at FR and been on the losing and winning side of the experience. I said some things about the Simpson clan last year that was taken out of context. So I understand some of the heat rounds your taking.

The Simpson family is truly the wrestling blue blood of Middle TN. They have won at all levels and produced Officers and Gentlemen that defend this country as I type this. I have enjoyed watching their young men from their family on the mats and have enjoyed talking to them at events.

Some of the points brought up by posters are complaints I have heard for years about the FR Tourney. Some things have changed and some have become a sore point for non -Irish fans.

As gonavy2 said.... this smells of arrogance, and a little bit of bias, which is just short of ignorance...

Times have changed and teams are not allowed to attend as many tourneys as they did in the past. I would think the Irish boosters want the event to be a positive for all teams not just the Irish fans.

???Freestyle4life-Anyway you are a bunch of adults who use "secret names" to post on a forum so you??™re not to far from what you preach???.

You would be surprised how many of us know who the user names belong to. Most of us love and only want the best for the sport. Some times what comes across on the board in type is misunderstood. We are not John Grisham writing here. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

BTW-Good Luck Irish against the clans from Choo Choo town.

As a tournament observer there are a couple of more things I want to say that haven't been said here or have been lost in the rest of the thread. My apologies if I am repeating someone else's post. Want to lay out additional observances if not....

There was much more seating this year than in the past. As a result of using only 4 mats the bleachers were fully extended. I am guessing that the earlier start time made this possible.

The "roping off" issue. The only "roping off" that I saw was about 12 foot on each side of the head table that extended in front of the entrance, to wards the bleachers, on BOTH sides of the gym. It appeared to be in order to keep spectators entering the gym headed toward the bleachers and off the mats, again on BOTH sides. There was no section "roped" off for FR fans and other team fans were sitting among the FR crowd.

Overheard a Brentwood High parent complimenting a FR fan (well after "the spectacle") and expressing his joy at attending the tournament every year because their fans are committed to the sport. I'm sure there were comments going the other direction as well but I was not privy to any of those or I would lay them out here as well.

In the past FR has always presented trophys above standard, paid for by a FR parent committed to the sport and with no children at FR either in the past or in the future. This year was the same, however, all of the trophy's were found to be damaged during shipment when opened (They were all glass). This parent went to a local trophy shop and convinced them to spend all night Friday night to create trophys to be handed out on Saturday, again at his expense. This was discussed at the coaches meeting so it isn't like I am privy to "special" information at the hands of FR fans.

Wrestling is a great sport. Emotions run high and that is part of it. We all love the sport because of the character it builds and the commitment it takes to succeed.

If the wrestlers and fans weren't committed and intense in their feelings what would be the point? The wrestlers would never step on the mat, much less ever win, because their heart wasn't in it and the fans wouldn't care either. The mamas and daddys could then watch their little boys and girls in tutus in a more warm and fuzzy environment.

Good evening, MWR. I think when folks say "all Ryan fans" they actually don't mean each and every one, they are trying to descibe the overall experience in the gym as has been described in some of these posts. You have taken literary license by implying that Ryan fans "know wrestling" and therefore only yell the proper criticism of the refs or the other team's wrestler or their coach.....you are making the point well for those who resent the overall "Ryan experience"....I can't speak for Rigger, or for those representing the "other schools" who don't know as much about wrestling as you and your fans do, but this smells of arrogance, and a little bit of bias, which is just short of ignorance...one might think you see things "your way", like ref's calls...and let's get one other thing straight: what went on was a little more than "I am not condoning some of the Ryan fans (you can put an apostrophe in there if you like) behavior " . That is quite an understatement....and we don't even have to remind each other that all of us ADULTS should behave like adults! Congrats to the Ryan wrestlers, by the way, that is what has been lost in this overall experience...Take care

[/quote

Good morning, navy. First, these folks should specify if they don't mean every Ryan fan. Is it ignorant to say that a group of people are bad people or jerks or whatever you prefer without ever having met them? I have never met you, so you won't see me calling you a jerk or ignorant- atleast until I meet you.

And where in my previous post did I ever say that Ryan fans only yell proper criticism? My whole point was to show that all fans cheer enthusiastically for their team and they do indeed yell at the refs, so it's not just Ryan fans.

And you say that I show bias, which is just short of ignorance... Well then everyone including yourself must be ignornant because everyone has a bias towards something like I am to Ryan or perhaps you are to BA.

So in summary.........

Why can't we be friends (4x)

I seen ya, I seen ya, I seen ya 'rassle a long time since

I really, I really, I really remember when you l'd-ed our prince

I seen ya, I seen ya, I seen ya walkin' down in Nashville town

I called ya, I called ya, I called but you did not look around

I pay my, I pay my, I pay my money to the ticket line

I seen ya, I seen ya, I seen ya roped off the stands everytime

The color, the color, the color of your singlet don't matter to me

As long as, as long as, long as its purple we can live in harmony

I kinda, I kinda, I kinda, like to be in Division II

And I could, and I could, and I could show you how I can outrecruit you

Sometimes I don't stall right

But did I know I was five pounds light

I know you're wrestlin' for the BA

They wouldn't have you in the mafia

(Repeat to fade)

So in summary.........

I seen ya, I seen ya, I seen ya 'rassle a long time since

I really, I really, I really remember when you l'd-ed our prince

I seen ya, I seen ya, I seen ya walkin' down in Nashville town

I called ya, I called ya, I called but you did not look around

I pay my, I pay my, I pay my money to the ticket line

I seen ya, I seen ya, I seen ya roped off the stands everytime

The color, the color, the color of your singlet don't matter to me

As long as, as long as, long as its purple we can live in harmony

I kinda, I kinda, I kinda, like to be in Division II

And I could, and I could, and I could show you how I can outrecruit you

Sometimes I don't stall right

But did I know I was five pounds light

I know you're wrestlin' for the BA

They wouldn't have you in the mafia

(Repeat to fade)

Too Bad Cleveland didn't have a choir when you were there, you would have been good.