Grace Baptist at Temple

dadoffour

grace also needs to incorparate some zone defenses into their game plan. short bench makes this a must for grace to keep the first 5 on the floor. also, when you have a 7 footer and a 6'9' guy and you don't settle them in under the basket and make the opposition beat you from outside i just don't understand the man to man 32 minutes a game.....never have.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you meant they had another come in this year. Isn't there a younger brother on the team, how tall is he?

Since nobody who knows is answering this question, I'll give it a shot. There is a younger McMasters on the team who is about 6'3". Probably a sophomore. Doesn't play in close games.

Since nobody who knows is answering this question, I'll give it a shot. There is a younger McMasters on the team who is about 6'3". Probably a sophomore. Doesn't play in close games.

He is a sophomore and a really sweet kid.

I have to admit, the game Friday night was painful to watch if you're a Grace fan. I know those guys can be better than that.

He is a sophomore and a really sweet kid.

I have to admit, the game Friday night was painful to watch if you're a Grace fan. I know those guys can be better than that.

If it's any consolation, Temple played one of their best games of the year. Grace can beat Temple, in my opinion...just going to have to do some things differently.

Anybody know if Grace admin. is considering playing their home game versus Temple somewhere other than Grace, like they did 2 years ago? Temple's gym was full the other night. Only half those people will fit in Grace's gym.

where did they play that game. the younger mcmasters is a good kid and will make his own way over the next couple years.

The game, actually 3 years ago now, was played at Temple's college gym. As big as that gym is, the place was packed. Probably more of home court advantage for Temple, although they only play there in region tournaments. But, as I understood it, Grace collected the admissions, so probably pulled in 3 times as much as they would have at Grace. I think Temple kept the concessions. Anyway, much better venue for such a huge game.

If it's any consolation, Temple played one of their best games of the year. Grace can beat Temple, in my opinion...just going to have to do some things differently.

Anybody know if Grace admin. is considering playing their home game versus Temple somewhere other than Grace, like they did 2 years ago? Temple's gym was full the other night. Only half those people will fit in Grace's gym.

Dadoffour,I hate to disagree with you but it was not close to the best game, it was played against Walker Valley, North cobb and Grace from Knoxville. I know as a Temple fan our hearts are with Grace because we have so many friends and family there, but there lucky it was only 15 points and not 30. Any of the team I name will beat Grace by 15. North cobb by 20 or more. But next year Grace should be the team to beat. With the Rector kid inside next year they will be very strong on the board. He will bring more than the big man.IMO Posted with the up most respect. Good luck Grace. Also you have to think of it this way our district is the weakest I have every seen it. CSAS is not that good Grace is a little above them and the rest, well you Know. I think in general there only a hand full of good team in the Chattanooga area this year. IT goes in no order,Temple, Red Bank, Walker Valley,Howard and CCS could be good if they work hard. Other than that I only see three making it past the first round of the state that will be Temple,Walker Valley and Howard and maybe Red Bank, but Howard and Red Bank will for sure lose in the Second round. And for CCS they could do well but again I don't see it right know. In the Final two I do see Temple being there, if they stay focus and maybe Walker Valley.

Dadoffour,I hate to disagree with you but it was not close to the best game, ...

I think Temple has yet to play their best game but the games against Walker Valley, North Cobb, and Grace were certainly a few of the best they have played so far.

Overall, it was an excellent game just because our shot percentage was high, the bench proved everyone wrong, and our defense was excellent. Grace is a very good team but I just think we "out-defensed"them.

I would love to see us not accumulating fouls so quickly like we did Friday night but I have to say it did not seem to hurt us much. The coach is doing an excellent job. I could definitely see this young man become one of the legendary coaches in the state. He is well on his way.

Winning1, what did you think was the problem with our play at the "Battle of the State?"

I think Temple has yet to play their best game but the games against Walker Valley, North Cobb, and Grace were certainly a few of the best they have played so far.

Overall, it was an excellent game just because our shot percentage was high, the bench proved everyone wrong, and our defense was excellent. Grace is a very good team but I just think we "out-defensed"them.

I would love to see us not accumulating fouls so quickly like we did Friday night but I have to say it did not seem to hurt us much. The coach is doing an excellent job. I could definitely see this young man become one of the legendary coaches in the state. He is well on his way.

Winning1, what did you think was the problem with our play at the "Battle of the State?"

I think that we can't blame this on the coach, I do think there was some home cooking in the first game, which I hate to say. I do think that we also held out "Johnson" for to long and "Ben" just wasn't strong enough inside. Also alot of force shots by "Sexton". These guys have been battle tested and done well. I believe if we would played them at home we would win by ten. I think our guys come out and took this for a vacation instead of coming to play. I believe they won't make this mistake again. I also didn't see "Kemp" was perpare which is rare. He didn't have that chip on his shoulder which I love. Peterson played the same as always. Brandon played his worst game ever, I don't think this will happen again for "Brandon" is almost allways prepared this time he wasn't. I'am just glad that this happen early in the season, because now we know we can be beat if we are not perpared. I also think "Coach Alexzander" is a big help to "Markum" more than we will ever know. He's done well with the girls being we do not have the talent we usely have. I'am glad to see coach is using "Armour" to beat opponents big man down which is brilliant. Armour is a man out there and glad to see him being used the right way. For "Pendergrass" he is mental perpared ever game and plays smart ball," beside being a great person". He handle the ball well even though he is not that fast, he is the" sleeper on this team". Let not forget "Reaves" he has come out and help alot but he cannot hold up to a strong man inside but he will fight hard, just not quite strong enough but very smart. He didn't have a good game in the first game but he gave all he could, the big man was just to much for Reaves or Ben.

I think that we can't blame this on the coach, I do think there was some home cooking in the first game, which I hate to say. I do think that we also held out "Johnson" for to long and "Ben" just wasn't strong enough inside. Also alot of force shots by "Sexton". These guys have been battle tested and done well. I believe if we would played them at home we would win by ten. I think our guys come out and took this for a vacation instead of coming to play. I believe they won't make this mistake again. I also didn't see "Kemp" was perpare which is rare. He didn't have that chip on his shoulder which I love. Peterson played the same as always. Brandon played his worst game ever, I don't think this will happen again for "Brandon" is almost allways prepared this time he wasn't. I'am just glad that this happen early in the season, because now we know we can be beat if we are not perpared. I also think "Coach Alexzander" is a big help to "Markum" more than we will ever know. He's done well with the girls being we do not have the talent we usely have. I'am glad to see coach is using "Armour" to beat opponents big man down which is brilliant. Armour is a man out there and glad to see him being used the right way. For "Pendergrass" he is mental perpared ever game and plays smart ball," beside being a great person". He handle the ball well even though he is not that fast, he is the" sleeper on this team". Let not forget "Reaves" he has come out and help alot but he cannot hold up to a strong man inside but he will fight hard, just not quite strong enough but very smart. He didn't have a good game in the first game but he gave all he could, the big man was just to much for Reaves or Ben.

That sounds like a pretty fair assessment...

I hope our boys never play again the way they did in Nashville. It was very frustrating for them and me.

I am pretty sure that Josh Reaves did not play up in the Battle of the State, though. He broke his arm in the preseason scrimmage against Notre Dame and did not play in a regular game until about a week ago against Knoxville Grace?