Hillsboro Next Football Season

Well, I would SPECULATE that if Blade leaves then Mose Phillips, Richard Herzog, Kevin Komisar, and possibly Jay Gore would apply as far as local coaches with previous HHS connections go. Other than those though, I don't have a clue. That is precisely why if Blade leaves I will have my doubts about the potential replacements. It will be very interesting to see where HHS football goes from here.

Why are you so sure that Blade is leaving, and where do you think he is going? If he does leave, how many assistants would he insist on taking with him?

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I would SPECULATE that if Blade leaves then Mose Phillips, Richard Herzog, Kevin Komisar, and possibly Jay Gore would apply as far as local coaches with previous HHS connections go. Other than those though, I don't have a clue. That is precisely why if Blade leaves I will have my doubts about the potential replacements. It will be very interesting to see where HHS football goes from here.

maybe someone no one has thought of

Why are you so sure that Blade is leaving, and where do you think he is going? If he does leave, how many assistants would he insist on taking with him?

I'm not sure that Blade is leaving HHS, but supposedly he is interested in other opportunities as evidenced by his applying for the Ravenwood HC position and rumored to have applied to Oak Ridge as well. I don't know that he would take any assistants with him. Myers has already accepted the HC position at Springfield.

maybe someone no one has thought of

Maybe, Blade certainly wasn't "thought of" after Aydelott left HHS for Riverdale. However, I don't know if HHS would hire from outside of TN in a such a situation this time around.

Who said it wasn't a metro school? I said and stand by that it is the best non-magnet high school in MNPS. Newsweek magazine is the publication that ranked HHS 397th in the COUNTRY of ALL public schools including magnet (and 4th in TN behind only MLK(23), Hume-Fogg(24), and Brentwood High(192)) for 2008. http://www.newsweek.com/id/39380/?q=2008/rank/301

It has over 30 different countries all represented under one roof and by and large they get along with each other. They have exceptional teachers and truly love what they do and don't just fulfill the minimum requirements. HHS IS a MNPS school. That is it's curse. It still has "bad seeds". However, overall, it offers things the magnet schools don't and what the other MNPS high schools can't. It is the most unique high school in MNPS. I would recommend sending a kid (regardless of athletic status) there over EVERY non-magnet high school in Nashville. Unless one can afford a private education or manage to win the lottery for Hume-Fogg or MLK, HHS is the BEST option.

Apparently, Newsweek needs to do their HW ergo homework a little better. Looking at the #'s ergo numbers that Kerplunk posted it looks like any other metro school. HB ergo Hillsboro can't sniff ANY of the Williamson Co. ergo County schools in the way of academics.

is it way to early to speculate - or just ponder who the next coach will be?

If Blade leaves, Gilligan takes a 3 hour tour down I-40. Book it. One problem. Nobody he's interviewed with is hiring him. He's not going anywhere!

Apparently, Newsweek needs to do their HW ergo homework a little better. Looking at the #'s ergo numbers that Kerplunk posted it looks like any other metro school. HB ergo Hillsboro can't sniff ANY of the Williamson Co. ergo County schools in the way of academics.

If Blade leaves, Gilligan takes a 3 hour tour down I-40. Book it. One problem. Nobody he's interviewed with is hiring him. He's not going anywhere!

Don't agree? Well, apparently you need to do your homework and look at the formula Newsweek magazine uses to rank their public high schools. Hint: it's NOT based on CoachKerplunk's numbers. Note other TN public high schools in Newsweek's 2008 rankings: Ravenwood (473) Franklin (737) Fairview (854) White Station (876) Oak Ridge (929) Collierville (992) Farragut (1079) Knoxville West (1091) Dobyns-Bennett (1289) Independence (1318) Centennial (1405).

In fact, HHS has been ranked ahead of all TN public schools (excepting MLK, Hume-Fogg, Brentwood High and additionally Oak Ridge and Ravenwood in 2006) in Newsweek magazine's rankings since 2006 and has been steadily rising in their rankings since 2005. Ranked 812 in 2005, 504 in 2006, 442 in 2007 and 397 in 2008. Perhaps Newsweek magazine appreciates the quality of education at HHS more than you do from up there on that pedestal of yours. Are you going to be Williamson County's version of boski or something when it comes to HHS? (no offense intended boski, you're still my favorite HHS hater /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />)

Good grief, you know so much. Your vast canyon of knowledge is overwhelming. Maybe you could be so kind as to explain why you believe Blade will stay at HHS and why no other school will hire him. Oh wait, I forgot he's "overrated" because TheSpoon says so.

Btw, who is Gilligan and would he bring the skipper with him? Sorry couldn't resist! Seriously though, who is this Gilligan character and why would he want to come to HHS if Blade leaves?

Don't agree? Well, apparently you need to do your homework and look at the formula Newsweek magazine uses to rank their public high schools. Hint: it's NOT based on CoachKerplunk's numbers. Note other TN public high schools in Newsweek's 2008 rankings: Ravenwood (473) Franklin (737) Fairview (854) White Station (876) Oak Ridge (929) Collierville (992) Farragut (1079) Knoxville West (1091) Dobyns-Bennett (1289) Independence (1318) Centennial (1405).

In fact, HHS has been ranked ahead of all TN public schools (excepting MLK, Hume-Fogg, Brentwood High and additionally Oak Ridge and Ravenwood in 2006) in Newsweek magazine's rankings since 2006 and has been steadily rising in their rankings since 2005. Ranked 812 in 2005, 504 in 2006, 442 in 2007 and 397 in 2008. Perhaps Newsweek magazine appreciates the quality of education at HHS more than you do from up there on that pedestal of yours. Are you going to be Williamson County's version of boski or something when it comes to HHS? (no offense intended boski, you're still my favorite HHS hater /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />)

Good grief, you know so much. Your vast canyon of knowledge is overwhelming. Maybe you could be so kind as to explain why you believe Blade will stay at HHS and why no other school will hire him. Oh wait, I forgot he's "overrated" because TheSpoon says so.

Btw, who is Gilligan and would he bring the skipper with him? Sorry couldn't resist! Seriously though, who is this Gilligan character and why would he want to come to HHS if Blade leaves?

How and why did we come to this? First Hillsboro is similar to all other metro schools. Yes Hillsboro has more kids from more ethnic origins but overall like someone said if it looks like metro, smells like metro, then its just like any other metro school. Are there things that set it a part. Sure but there are things at every metro school that set it a part. I remember back in the day Overton had a great culinary arts program and still does. But back in the day it was taught by Mr. Julianno Pagan, brother of the owner of Mario's Italian restaraunt. No other metro school had it.

When it comes to Newsweek magazine what do they really know? They know what Hillsboro wants them to know. I can guarantee you that Newsweek only knows what was sent to them and maybe what they observed for a couple of hours one day. But they have not seen Hillsboro on a day to day basis. Get over your Newsweek ranking. I would personally just as easily send my kid to Antioch or Overton as Hillsboro.

How and why did we come to this? First Hillsboro is similar to all other metro schools. Yes Hillsboro has more kids from more ethnic origins but overall like someone said if it looks like metro, smells like metro, then its just like any other metro school. Are there things that set it a part. Sure but there are things at every metro school that set it a part. I remember back in the day Overton had a great culinary arts program and still does. But back in the day it was taught by Mr. Julianno Pagan, brother of the owner of Mario's Italian restaraunt. No other metro school had it.

When it comes to Newsweek magazine what do they really know? They know what Hillsboro wants them to know. I can guarantee you that Newsweek only knows what was sent to them and maybe what they observed for a couple of hours one day. But they have not seen Hillsboro on a day to day basis. Get over your Newsweek ranking. I would personally just as easily send my kid to Antioch or Overton as Hillsboro.

I was merely using Newsweek's public school rankings as an objective example for HHS's educational quality. Don't agree? You nor TheSpoon have to agree with it. I was using it to display that I am not making up the fact that HHS is currently and has been for the past 5-6 years the most unique MNPS high school. If you would recommend a kid to attend school at Antioch or Overton over HHS that is your prerogative of course. However, I disagree and would strongly discourage it. Btw, if Newsweek magazine "only knows what was sent to them," then apparently HHS is doing a better job than all but three of the public high schools in TN at hiding their drawbacks.

Again, I have NEVER denied HHS being an MNPS school. Where did I insinuate that? All I have said was, and I stand by that HHS is the overall best non-magnet public high school in Nashville. I did imply that it is MNPS's unofficial magnet school of sorts due to its open enrollment policy and better overall academic environment. If one can afford a private education or win the lottery for MLK or Hume-Fogg by all means do it. However, if one is not one of those kids who is so blessed, HHS is the BEST option available in Nashville.

Hope all is well. Enjoy reading your posts.