Hillsboro Next Football Season

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, so Bobby Johnson wins the first bowl game since Julius Caesar was around and now you're bashing him? I mean he's no Scott Blade, but come on.

I've been bashing Bobby Johnson since his first day at VU. He has been given the FULL SUPPORT of the VU administration and I maintain that if some his predecessors (i.e. Watson Brown, Dinardo, and Widenhofer) had been shown that kind of support from the beginning they would have had that kind of success as well. I think Johnson is a great recruiter and a fine gentleman, but as far as a strategist he does very little to surprise.

I've been bashing Bobby Johnson since his first day at VU. He has been given the FULL SUPPORT of the VU administration and I maintain that if some his predecessors (i.e. Watson Brown, Dinardo, and Widenhofer) had been shown that kind of support from the beginning they would have had that kind of success as well. I think Johnson is a great recruiter and a fine gentleman, but as far as a strategist he does very little to surprise.

I suppose the question should be is it better to be boring/predictable and win or exciting/unpredictable and lose. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I suppose the question should be is it better to be boring/predictable and win or exciting/unpredictable and lose. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't know. Aydelott and Blade: one was more conservative with regards to offensive strategy and the other was much more aggressive. Both won a state championship at HHS.

I'll say this: Bobby Johnson has done a great job decreasing the margin of defeat in addition to actually winning some of the games that VU should be winning. He does a great job of damage control. He just tends to play not to lose more than I like. I like to play to win.

The way they did Coach Brown and his staff was wrong.

What about Coach Komisar

The way they did Coach Brown and his staff was wrong.

I agree completely! The way they treated Eddie Fogler the men's basketball coach during the similar timeframe was wrong as well.

I think Komisar could be a candidate. I also think Mose Phillips and Richard Herzog will likely apply for the job. Should be interesting to see who HHS decides to hire this time around. I have a feeling for some reason they won't go as controversial as last time though.

I agree completely! The way they treated Eddie Fogler the men's basketball coach during the similar timeframe was wrong as well.

I think Komisar could be a candidate. I also think Mose Phillips and Richard Herzog will likely apply for the job. Should be interesting to see who HHS decides to hire this time around. I have a feeling for some reason they won't go as controversial as last time though.

what was controversial about last time... the man was coach of a CA state championship team... l was under the assumption that CA football has a better reputation than TN football... in fact, the only states that might have better HS football are FL, TX, AL, MS, GA, and LA

you left Ralph Thompson and Anthony Law off of this list. You say Hillsboro is best metro job and Thompson is metro coach of the year - seems like a good fit.

you left Ralph Thompson and Anthony Law off of this list. You say Hillsboro is best metro job and Thompson is metro coach of the year - seems like a good fit.

what was controversial about last time... the man was coach of a CA state championship team... l was under the assumption that CA football has a better reputation than TN football... in fact, the only states that might have better HS football are FL, TX, AL, MS, GA, and LA

who else has been on Hillsboro staff the last couple of years that could also be considered? I know Myers is now as Springfield.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Except, I'd say Texas, Cali, and Florida are the top 3 high school football states. Then the rest.

It's complex. I don't know how to explain really. Some people, even within the HHS football community, didn't take kindly to a person from another state getting the HC position. From what I understand, the first season was very rough despite the State Runner-Up finish and the second season losing to Maplewood in the quarterfinals wasn't well received either by some people. 2008 was the year where things finally seemed to come together and it was rewarded handsomely with a State Championship win over Maryville.

I would love to see HHS decide to interview nationally again and hire the best candidate regardless. I am just not very optimistic that it will happen this time around.

who else has been on Hillsboro staff the last couple of years that could also be considered? I know Myers is now as Springfield.

I don't know maybe Thompson and Law would apply. I would suspect Phillips, Herzog, Komisar, and maybe even Gore to apply for the position out of coaches with ties to HHS. I'm sure there will be other candidates too though.