District 1AA

supertoe

Unicoi Co. started out very sluggish against North and fell behind 7-4 until a timeout by Coach Fisher cured everything in rout to a 60-27 victory and with a win against Betsy on Monday, would give them the 2 seed since they beat the #1 seed SG...

If Chuckey-Doak can hold serve against West Greene I believe they will be #4...We still have to await the outcomes tonight before all the pieces fall into piece for the district seedings...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see the HV/Eliz. game ? Is the scoreboard correct and HV won 40-38 ? Unbelievable.

i put that score that is what the jc press had i got a messege from a cyclone dad and he said they lost so i geuss that is right. that makes the game in erwin monday night is now huge the winner will take second. typical elizabethton and unicoi ball game right????

i put that score that is what the jc press had i got a messege from a cyclone dad and he said they lost so i geuss that is right. that makes the game in erwin monday night is now huge the winner will take second. typical elizabethton and unicoi ball game right????

YOUR MEMORY IS SHORT AND SPELLING IS SHORTER HA HA . SAD LOSS FOR THE CYCLONES . YOU GOTTA LOVE THEM GIRLS ALOT OF CLASS THEM BETSY GIRLS HAS GOT . KINDA REMINDS ME OF THOSE UNICOI COUNTY GIRLS . LOOKING FOR A GRAT MATCH ON MONDAY . POP EXTRA CORN . PLENTY OF BUTTER ,CAUSE WE PLAYING IN THE DEVILS DEN..

By virtue of Happy Valley's win against Eliz last night, it is a winner take the number #2 seed Monday night. Should be a great game. I'm sure Unicoi will have a little more intensity than they came out against North on Friday. If they don't, they'll be in trouble. Winner gets W Greene in the 1st round of Districts; loser gets Johnson Co...

Happy Valley will end with the 5 seed and a meeting with Chuckey-Doak in the districts. That should be a great match-up! Unfortunately, one of the season's "spoilers" will have to go home. The winner will most likely get South Greene who gets "the victors" prize of North in the first round....

With regard to the Devil-Cyclone game monday-----There is another big advantage the 2 seed will have over the 3 seed (other than the momentum a big win gives going into the district and any perceived advantage in playing West Greene instead of Johnson County), and that is this: The 2 seed will play their quarterfinal game next wednesday. The 3 seed will play their game friday night. The semifinal games are saturday. What coach wouldnt rather play Wed-Sat than Fri-Sat?

This schedule is due to the TSSAA's rule that you cannot play more than two games on a school night.