Obion Co. @ Westview

treefitty74

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what time is the big show down tonight in the View? /justwrestle.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":justwrestle:" border="0" alt="justwrestle.gif" />

You know it is kinda funny how things go both OC and WV could be coming into tonight without a loss in district play and the recruiters umm i mean Pioneers /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> could be have 2 losses... BUT its not funny and it aint that way. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Good luck to both teams and hope the pt guard for WV is doing well.

are the pink elelpants on?? /justwrestle.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":justwrestle:" border="0" alt="justwrestle.gif" /> WHAT THE.....on elephants /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

The two stars didn't disappoint tonite in Martin....

Chassidy Fussell had by my count 31 points...That's totally unofficial but pretty close....Amber Rechis had between 25 and 30 points...

Difference in the game tonite was Grace Ann Swaim....She had a little spurt where she had 7 straight points during a run that finally put the Lady Chargers ahead after trailing the Lady Rebels the entire first three quarters....

Westview won 62-55....

Katie Pate did play tonite...She did a fine job to be honest...She hit a big turnaround jumper in the third qtr..She took up space in the post and gives the Lady Rebels some more size....Once she gets settled in with her new teammates and coaching staff I think she will be an asset heading into the tournaments....It's a heckuva lot to ask a 16-17 yr old young lady to do to have to play a team as good as Westview on the road the first time out with your new team....

This was on 97.7 this afternoon so I'll tell what I heard...Her dad, who was a school board member on the Gibson County School Board, had to resign his duty last night because of his move to Obion County because of the "requirements of his job"....He is a pharmacist here in Union City.....

I say welcome to Obion Central Pate family...I hope your stay here is a happy one.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

[quote name='Purple & Gold Standard' date='Jan 10 2009 - 12:10 AM' post='827006247'

I say welcome to Obion Central Pate family...I hope your stay here is a happy one.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

They are good people and Katie will be an asset to Obion. Good luck to the Pate family and to Obion.

They are good people and Katie will be an asset to Obion. Good luck to the Pate family and to Obion.

You would have enjoyed the game last nite...OC, GC and Westview are making me like girls basketball more....Chassidy started out on fire...She was hitting threes, crossing over and shooting short range jumpers and hitting lay-ups....OC built up as much as a 12 or 14 point first half lead....Then Amber started hitting those drop back three pointers that were barely moving the net....She was playing with a bum knee too...She was walking around after the game with her knee on ice...

Westview won because their other players played just a little bit better than OC's did...Grace Ann Swaim scored 7 straight points during one little run...#10, sorry I don't know her name, hit a huge three pointer to extend a four point Westview lead to seven....When she hit that shot, I turned to my son and said that was the dagger..Turned out it was....I thought the officiating was pretty good..Actually, at the first of the game OC was getting all the calls....I thought that #10 for Westview walks alot...She got called for one or two but could have been called for at least five...She will drag that pivot foot almost every time she is guarded real close....

I think OC has proven now that they can play with Westview and Gibson County...The rematches are going to be very intense....Chassidy and Amber are also proving they are not only two of the best juniors in the state but also two of the best players overall in the state....

I think 1-3 will be WIDE open come District tournaments. GC is a step ahead by having wins over Westview and OC, but anything can happen. GC beat Milan last night 71-42. I really thought our game would be closer, but it wasn't. We came out last night and PLAYED! Probably the best I'd seen us this year. What was more impressive is we were up by about 32 headed into the 4th quarter and we put ALL Freshman in for the 4th quarter and we still won by 29. Milan had their starters in the whole 4th until about 2 minutes left in the game.

I was almost right on this game. I said a 5 point difference either way. I was just a hair off, but congrats to Westview. I'm also glad to hear Pate played well. Good Luck to her at OC!

LOL, maybe it's just the fact that you didn't agree with me on another thread a few weeks back and now you're trying to bash me. Maybe YOU are the one that is 8 years old, ya think? GROW UP! If all you have to do is call me cocky because I claimed I was only a hair off of a guess of a basketball game, then you need to find better things to talk about. I've been on here FAR longer than you have and you're the first to call me cocky.