Union City Vs. Lake County

lakecountyfan007

Lake County shouldn't have any trouble with Union City this year. Last night Lake County had Greenfield down by 18 early in the second quarter and Coach Whitby had mercy on us. He played almost everybody in the second quarter and Greenfeld cut it to 8 by half. Coach Whitby is a class act and knows what he's doing. Alot of young kids got playing time last night and Lake County still won by 14. Alot of coaches would have kept their horses in and won by 30 and played the young kids 2 minutes in the 4th quarter. Lake County will be ready by tournament time and Coach Whitby will know who he can play and he will have 8 or 9 players ready. Humboldt had better be ready when they go to Lake County. I was impressed with Avery, he probably is the best player in this district.

This is Union Citys best chance at beating Lake County this year so they better do it this game while its at home.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If LC is not careful they will get out-coached. They have the tallent to beat UC, but if they plan to do it with 5 to 6 players, they'll lose this. UC will keep fresh feet on the court at all times.

I agree but both schools have two of the top coaches in the state. Whitby has over 800 wins and Sisco has won 3 or state titles. It won't get much better than this!!

This game should be another good one to come from 14A. If UC played like they did against HBT I don't see them beating LC but from what I hear UC is improving with every game. LC better watch out ! What's the deal with the Greenfield game? why didn't LC smash them.... Rickett must have played well or LC was having a bad night.

Humboldt58 give me your take on Humboldt and what kind of size do they have. I heard they had good size and could go 12 deep.

Humboldt58 give me your take on Humboldt and what kind of size do they have. I heard they had good size and could go 12 deep.

Well Humboldt's usual line up is like this.They have some others too but this is who usually plays.

Starters

G #23 Quan Campbell 5'9 So.

G #5 Rashad Wade 5'11 Sr.

F #34 Charles Taylor 6'7 Sr.

F #32 Tevin Crayton 6'6 Sr.

F #31 Darren Dunbar 6'4 Sr.

Bench

G #3 Joe Gordon 5'6 Sr.

G #21 Quenton Jennings 6'0 Sr.

G #20 Antonio Brooks 5'5 Fr.

F #30 Jarvis Porter 6'2 Sr.

C #35 Deandre Perry 6'4

Humboldt is extremely long and athletic and can run & gun with the best! They can put up points in a hurry. Humboldt also plays tough defense & can take the ball away from you and finish at the other end.They are a match up nightmare for most teams.There downside is lack of competition seems like no one in 14A can give them a good game besides LC. & that might hurt them come March.

I agree but both schools have two of the top coaches in the state. Whitby has over 800 wins and Sisco has won 3 or state titles. It won't get much better than this!!

Marty has three state championships.....

Shane has two state championships....

Union City has five state championships.....

Jimmy has one state championship.....

If I'm not mistaken they are the only coaches in the district with any state titles.....

**I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong**

Well Humboldt's usual line up is like this.They have some others too but this is who usually plays.

Starters

G #23 Quan Campbell 5'9 So.

G #5 Rashad Wade 5'11 Sr.

F #34 Charles Taylor 6'7 Sr.

F #32 Tevin Crayton 6'6 Sr.

F #31 Darren Dunbar 6'4 Sr.

Bench

G #3 Joe Gordon 5'6 Sr.

G #21 Quenton Jennings 6'0 Sr.

G #20 Antonio Brooks 5'5 Fr.

F #30 Jarvis Porter 6'2 Sr.

C #35 Deandre Perry 6'4

Humboldt is extremely long and athletic and can run & gun with the best! They can put up points in a hurry. Humboldt also plays tough defense & can take the ball away from you and finish at the other end.They are a match up nightmare for most teams.There downside is lack of competition seems like no one in 14A can give them a good game besides LC. & that might hurt them come March.

Thanks for the input i have not had a chance to see Humboldt play this year. Plan to be see them Tuesday when UC comes to Humboldt. U think lack of competition might hurt them it might hurt Manassas to. Thier is not as tough as some might think. Only four teams they play having winning records Carver, Ridgeway and Craigmont. Don't know about the out of state teams. Manassas just might not be as good in Memphis as some think. I am not knocking anyone don't mean to make any one mad. They did lose to ECS school by 24 with 10-5 record. We'll seen come t-time.

If I'm not mistaken they are the only coaches in the district with any state titles.....

Unless Driver is still coaching in some capacity at SF (is he even still there?) you are correct.

Clint Sisco got a Runner-Up at Peabody and Glisson got one as well while at Greenfield. But no gold.

That's my point LC is favored to win. Hey but when u have Sisco coaching u can win on any night. Never take a great coach lightly. The same goes for Whitby two great ones!!

Thanks for the input i have not had a chance to see Humboldt play this year. Plan to be see them Tuesday when UC comes to Humboldt. U think lack of competition might hurt them it might hurt Manassas to. Thier is not as tough as some might think. Only four teams they play having winning records Carver, Ridgeway and Craigmont. Don't know about the out of state teams. Manassas just might not be as good in Memphis as some think. I am not knocking anyone don't mean to make any one mad. They did lose to ECS school by 24 with 10-5 record. We'll seen come t-time.

1ST Thing let me introduce myself to you son I am LEGEND!!!!!! Everybody got to pay there respect to me!!!!!! I??™m the law!!!!!!

Manassas played 3A Northside!!!! That??™s like UC/HB here in Memphis!!!

Manassas played and defeated Carver yes the same carver that defeated Siegal!!!!!! Carver has some Ls but they have play a tough schedule!!!!

Manassas played in Kentucky and St. Louis on back to back nights!!! They won both games!!!! Playing back 2 back in Memphis is hard but Manassas played on the road in 2 different states back to back!!!!! I did say won both games right??????

Manassas played 3A Ridgeway and lead for the entire game up until 4min left when Ridgeway got a call her and a call there to make a late run!!!

Manassas played Hamilton a 3A power in Memphis and was up 20pts until RB fouled out then Hamilton came back and lost by 8!!!!!!! U wont to no why Hamilton has a losing record look @ who they have played!!!!! After Hamilton Manassas had to get up early and go play ECS @ 10:00am!!!!!! The same ECS team who beat Cordova whom beat 3A AP #5 Craigmont!!!! The same ECS team who beat 3A power Whitehaven 1 of the biggest teams in the State!!!!!! The same team who beat Briarcrest last year who won the state last year!!!!!

Manassas play a 12-1 Oxford, MS team @ Oxford High!!!!!!!! Manassas won by 14pts!!!! The #1 3A team in the State Raleigh Egypt played them in a tourney in Alabama and won by 6!!!!!!! This game was @ Oxford in front of a full house!!!!!

Manassas will play Middleton the same Middleton who played HB close, Middle College, and City all these teams have been saying they have upsets in mine!!!!!! Lol!!!

Humboldt????? They play LAKE COUNTY TWICE THAT??™S IT!!!!!!! LOL!!

If Manassas played this schedule they would be undefeated and un-respected in Memphis!!!!!! If you won??™t to be the best you got to play the best!!!!!! Nobody on here is the best!!!! You wont to be prepared play somebody!!!

11/18/08 6:00 PM @ Middleton (Middleton, TN) avg

74-67 (W)

11/20/08 TBA vs. Dyersburg (Dyersburg, TN) avg

Report Score

11/24/08 TBA @ Milan (Milan, TN) avg

Report Score

11/25/08 TBA @ Union City (Union City, TN) * avg82-56 (W)

12/02/08 6:00 PM vs. Peabody (Trenton, TN) * below avg

102-46 (W)

12/05/08 TBA vs. Gleason (Gleason, TN) * below avg

Report Score

12/08/08 TBA vs. Gibson County (Dyer, TN) below avg

102-62 (W)

12/09/08 TBA @ Greenfield (Greenfield, TN) * below avg

Report Score

12/16/08 TBA vs. Lake County (Tiptonville, TN) * above avg

Report Score

12/18/08 TBA vs. Dresden (Dresden, TN) * below avg

Report Score