Union City Vs. Lake County

lakecountyfan007

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't let the legend get to ya.....he likes to taunt, but thruth is Manasses is 1-1 against the little ole 14a teams. They got schooled in the second half of the state championship game last year by a team that did'nt have a player over 6'2".

This season Lake Co. will go to memphis and take care of business in the sub-state game and Humboldt and Lake Co. will play for the state championship. Then manasses will be 1-2 against 14a, Bucky will be gone, Manasses will move up to 2a ball next season, and we can all taunt the legend /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The Lengend don't get to me i am an old man nothing gets to me. His post to me was i am the lengend i am the law i demand respect! Like i told him u got earn it first i know Manassas plays tough competition they suppose to. They are in a city of almost a million people ther is a school on ever corner! He is just young and full of it thats all! He don't give teams here any respect it will all be ok!

If LC is not careful they will get out-coached. They have the tallent to beat UC, but if they plan to do it with 5 to 6 players, they'll lose this. UC will keep fresh feet on the court at all times.

This should be a good game, and either team could win, but Coach Whitby will not get "out-coached"

There is no comparison.....Mansassas schedule is by far tougher than Humboldt's. It's not even close!!!!!!!!!!! Abybody that will look at it honestly would know that. A tough schedule builds mental toughness. A higher level of competition challenges a team and pays off in the long run. Playing in Memphis is a meat grinder.....There are teams from Memphis with .500 records that would win most districts in other parts of the state. Anybody that honestly believes the .500 teams in Memphis aren't good is crazy!!!!!!!! There is so much talent year in year out in Memphis anybody can be beat on any give night.....Even the best teams.

Some teams Manassas has played and the type of players they have played against this season.

GW Carver X2

Lewis Jones 6'3 SG ranked #31 class of 2009

Hamilton

Tevin Cox 6'1 G ranked #31 class of 2011

Cameron Rias 6'7 C ranked #50 class of 2011

Jeffrey Grahm 6'4 F ranked #51 class of 2011

Myron Johnson 5'7 G ranked #9 class of 2012

ECS

Johnathan Milewski 5'11 G ranked #86 class o 2009

Terrence Stringfellow 6'7 C ranked # 87 class of 2009

Dupree Lytle 6'3 F ranked # 105 class of 2009

Micah Givens 6'0 G ranked #71 class of 2010

Micah Teal 6'1 G ranked #28 class of 2011

Steve Kaspers 5'11 G ranked #38 class of 2011

Hunter Harrington 6'3 F ranked #72 class of 2011

Ridgeway

Cadriio Macklin 6'5 F ranked #31 class of 2009

James Hampton 6'5 F ranked # 65 class of 2009

Tarik Black 6'7 F ranked #6 class of 2010

Kris Brewer 6'2 G ranked #37 class of 2010

Daryl Marshall 5'9 G ranked #67 class of 2010

Cameron Golden 5'9 G ranked #1 class of 2012

Adam Wesry 5'11 G ranked #6 class of 2012

Craigmont

Zach Jones 6'5 F ranked #35 class of 2009

Terrence Durham 6'3 G ranked #30 class of 2010

Cedric McFee 6'3 G ranked #4 class of 2011

Tony Seals 5'10 G ranked #33 class of 2011

Robert Houston 6'1 G ranked #2 class of 2012

Kentucky Shootout Hopkisville KY I don't know much about them

Whitfield Missouri at St. Louis 3 mid major prospect and I think 1 of the three is All State for his Classification

Oxford Miss at Oxford

Middelton X2

Manassas

Reginald Buckner 6'8 G//F/C ranked #3 class of 2009 (I think he is #1)

Shaq Walker 5'11 G ranked # 50 class of 2010

Joseph Northington 6'2 G ranked #7 class of 2011

Kendell Woodard 6'4 F/C (unranked class of 2009, but should be) averaging 12 pts and 10 rebounds a game

Anthony Dorsey 6'4 F Hasen't played hardly any but My understanding is he will be ready soon

Every player in the rotation averages at least 1 steal a game and 3 of them average 2 a game

Two players averaging double figues in points and rebounds both

4 players averaging in double figures against a very good schedule thus far, district is ready and the schedule weakens with only Middelton twice...Manassas will take Middelton to the woodshed at least twice and probably four times before seasons end.

Humboldt high octane offense but only plays two tough games all season uless UC has a perfect game and plays within 10 to 15 in the distric/region tournement...providing they play one another. 60/40 chance of winning the region. It's hard to put player stats in prper perspective excpet against the Lake County and UC games. It's easy to fill a stat line against Gleason, Bradford, Greenfield, South Fulton, Halls, and Trenton.

Charles Taylor 6'6 F ranked #38 class of 2009

Tevin Crayton 6'5 F ranked #46 class of 2009

Has some underclassman that will be ranked after next summer. The 5'5 G freshman guard is good with deep range.

Lake County alot tougher schedule than Humboldt and has a 40/60 chane to win the region

Has some other players that will eventually move into and higher up in the ranking ...possiblty next season.

Russell Avery 6'5 F/C ranked #25 class of 2009

Having siad all that...I know Humblot and Lake County has more talent than the player rankings indicate. But, neither has the talent top to bottom as Manassas. Manassas also has more talent than the player rankings indicate with Kendell Woodard being a good example as well as Dorsey

These ranking are bogus for the most part. Andre Whitehead never travels north of jackson. His home is close to knoxville so all he sees is East tn teams play. He Loves jackson liberty and covers the memphis area. But as far as north west tn, forget about it. I think that 3 players in district 14a are ranked. russel, charles, and tevin. He has jacob loyd and cj ranked. What about darren dumbar, patrick roberson, carlos young, raphel tyler, ryan simpson, bj marshal, and other players that need to be ranked. And to tell you the truth i think that Charles, Tevin, and Russel are ranked too low in the senior class.

It would be a mistake to guage Manassas just from watching them play Hopkinsville KY. I know some of the reasons they played poorly but am not going to post them. Mcfadden was/is good but nowhere near as Buckner of has the same impact. Buckner is one of the top 10 defensive big men in the Country. I don't think Humbolt has more talent than Manassas....both teams are loaded, though. I mean Manassas has two High Major talents just for starters.

I wish all three teams good luck.

It is not that i think that manassas is not talented, they are. I just think that manassas is not near the team they were last year. They lost 3 starters from last year team. And when i look at teams and players i look for basketball skills and to be frank buckner is the only one that i see that has basketball skills. Joe Northington doesn't shoot the ball well. His release isn't good. He doesn't square up to take shots. Plus he not going to beat alot of players off the dribble. Shaq walker is the only one that can shoot on the manassas team. And i really don't think that he can do it all the time. I think that Humboldt is more talented at four poss. than Manassas. Losing Mcfadden was the key to this team. Look when he was in the game against Union City, Manassas had control of the paint on both ends of the floor. When he pick up his forth foul in the third quarter and had to sit, that is when the game changed. The coach choked under pressure because he never put him back into the game.

And back to Buckner, He has tons of pontental but is lazy. And that is why he picks up dumb fouls. With out Buckner i don't think that manassas can beat middleton or middle college on talent.

If Union City plays and shoots the whole game like they did the first half against Dyer Co..could be a long night..But I believe Lake Co will play their best lineup tonight..that being Russell Avery,Patrick Robertson,Rafael Tyler,Carlos Young,and Calius Hockett..Or Leron Garrett or Dominic Kimble in one of the spots..But..for the most part..these 7 players..I believe the key is stopping B.J. Marshall and Ryne Simpson..I thought his name was Polk but now think it's Simpson..The short stocky guard that shot the lights out against Dyer Co..I don't look for Union City to shoot as poorly as they did against Humboldt..but still going with Lake Co to win by about 8 points on the road!

If Union City plays and shoots the whole game like they did the first half against Dyer Co..could be a long night..But I believe Lake Co will play their best lineup tonight..that being Russell Avery,Patrick Robertson,Rafael Tyler,Carlos Young,and Calius Hockett..Or Leron Garrett or Dominic Kimble in one of the spots..But..for the most part..these 7 players..I believe the key is stopping B.J. Marshall and Pat Polk..I don't look for Union City to shoot as poorly as they did against Humboldt..but still going with Lake Co to win by about 8 points on the road!

I look for lake county to play 8 to 9 tonight. Russell, Patrick, Rafael, Carlos, Calius, Ron, Dominic, Chris, and Ricky.

These ranking are bogus for the most part. Andre Whitehead never travels north of jackson. His home is close to knoxville so all he sees is East tn teams play. He Loves jackson liberty and covers the memphis area. But as far as north west tn, forget about it. I think that 3 players in district 14a are ranked. russel, charles, and tevin. He has jacob loyd and cj ranked. What about darren dumbar, patrick roberson, carlos young, raphel tyler, ryan simpson, bj marshal, and other players that need to be ranked. And to tell you the truth i think that Charles, Tevin, and Russel are ranked too low in the senior class.

I know something about the ranking and will reply later when I get off work....Since you say the ranking are bogus...Which they are not!!!!!!!!!

I look for lake county to play 8 to 9 tonight. Russell, Patrick, Rafael, Carlos, Calius, Ron, Dominic, Chris, and Ricky.

When I was writing ,I thought it could be a chance for the others to play..I believe it depends on the score..if Lake Co were to get the lead in double digits..could play them..Or if Lake Co gets behind and Coach is maybe mad at how the starters are playing..If both teams are playing well and it's a 4 or 5 point game..believe he will go with the main 7..He may even play Caleb Bledsoe..He can shoot from the outside and I feel is more suited to play against Union City than Humboldt..!

It is not that i think that manassas is not talented, they are. I just think that manassas is not near the team they were last year. They lost 3 starters from last year team. And when i look at teams and players i look for basketball skills and to be frank buckner is the only one that i see that has basketball skills. Joe Northington doesn't shoot the ball well. His release isn't good. He doesn't square up to take shots. Plus he not going to beat alot of players off the dribble. Shaq walker is the only one that can shoot on the manassas team. And i really don't think that he can do it all the time. I think that Humboldt is more talented at four poss. than Manassas. Losing Mcfadden was the key to this team. Look when he was in the game against Union City, Manassas had control of the paint on both ends of the floor. When he pick up his forth foul in the third quarter and had to sit, that is when the game changed. The coach choked under pressure because he never put him back into the game.

And back to Buckner, He has tons of pontental but is lazy. And that is why he picks up dumb fouls. With out Buckner i don't think that manassas can beat middleton or middle college on talent.

I will reply later, when I get off work.

I know something about the ranking and will reply later when I get off work....Since you say the ranking are bogus...Which they are not!!!!!!!!!

There Bogus and i guess ur on brake at Mcdonalds. Sorry man i let u get back to work. Tell me why Patrick roberson isn't ranked. Tell me why Anthany Sampson was ranked higher than Brandon Springer. By the way i asked him that question and he said that he had more upside????? He is 5'3 and can't get off the bench at a naia school. Springer could have gotten a scholarship to play at martin. Like i said bogus.

Are there going to be many fans at this game..Does the name Union City and Lake Co not bring to attention that these schools have had some good basketball seasons the past several years..Union City is 9-6 I believe, but their losses have been to Humboldt,voted the #1 school in Single A .,Dyer Co.#2 team in the State in Double A and several out of state teams in tournaments..Lake Co is 14-1.. has lost only to Humboldt ,voted the #1 team in Single A ..Lake Co was voted #4 in the State and just won a tournament in Illinois..But this game didn't make the Big Ones contest..But Wayne Co 8-5 and Summertown -10-5 did..I guess the people that do the Big Ones are from Middle Tenn just like the football polls..And for Dyer Co fans maybe wondering why Dyer Co and Dyersburg aren't one of the games..I was told a couple seasons ago that both teams had to have winning records..Can't have one team under 500...I didn't count the games..looked to be about 25 games..But I know all those games can't be any better than Union City vs.Lake Co !