IMAC basketball

tricitiessportsfan

IMAC/District 2 Basketball  

21 members have voted

1. 1. IMAC/District 2 Basketball

Post play has definitely been the difference maker for East so far. It will just be interesting to see if they let Coy play or sideline him with cheap fouls. He gets a lot of fouls simply because he is so much bigger and stronger. Freshman (Miranda?) post player played well against West. East has been winning without Gardner down the stretch, watch out if he heats up again. Jeff's guards are really good, they all handle it well, shoot it well, and can score. They are a tough matchup on the defensive end. Like I said, it should be a great game. I'll take East by 8.

He's a heck of a player. Always kills CCHS inside. So what are the brackets gonna look like after tonight??

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a heck of a player. Always kills CCHS inside. So what are the brackets gonna look like after tonight??

Cocke Co. looked like they were done against Jeff. It'll be interesting to see if they can regain their fire. If not, West will beat them also. Cocke's post play should dominate if they can get the ball. West has played them pretty good twice. If seeds hold on the other side then 4th gets Science Hill, 3rd gets Tennessee High (a winnable game for Cocke), 2nd gets DB (tough break), 1st gets Sullivan South (winnable game). Not sure if winnable is a word, but you get what I mean.

Big 9 is definitley better than IMAC, but I don't think it is by as much as in years past.

Both games are HUGE because losers get Science Hill and DB (most likely)

Cocke Co. looked like they were done against Jeff. It'll be interesting to see if they can regain their fire. If not, West will beat them also. Cocke's post play should dominate if they can get the ball. West has played them pretty good twice. If seeds hold on the other side then 4th gets Science Hill, 3rd gets Tennessee High (a winnable game for Cocke), 2nd gets DB (tough break), 1st gets Sullivan South (winnable game). Not sure if winnable is a word, but you get what I mean.

Big 9 is definitley better than IMAC, but I don't think it is by as much as in years past.

Both games are HUGE because losers get Science Hill and DB (most likely)

CCHS didnt look ready to play from the warm-ups. Saturday afternoon game against a team they just ran out of the gym at home..didn't come out focused. Couldn't buy a free throw against Jeff.

Yep, CCHS probably lucked out by losing to Jeff except for the fact that its a road game. Science Hill and DB are what sets the two regions apart. The other top IMAC teams are pretty much even with the Big 9.

Any reports on the game last night??

CCHS didnt look ready to play from the warm-ups. Saturday afternoon game against a team they just ran out of the gym at home..didn't come out focused. Couldn't buy a free throw against Jeff.

Yep, CCHS probably lucked out by losing to Jeff except for the fact that its a road game. Science Hill and DB are what sets the two regions apart. The other top IMAC teams are pretty much even with the Big 9.

Any reports on the game last night??

West has no inside threats and CC dominated pulling away in the second half...Post play for CC was the difference..West guards worked hard and hustled, but just couldn't score...Cocke Co. played good defense and Ray did a good job of using his timeouts...Good luck to both teams in the region....

Region 1-AAA Tournament

Quarterfinals

D1 #1 Science Hill

D2 #4 Morristown West

2/28, 7:00 pm @ Science Hill

D2 #2 Jefferson Co.

D1 #3 Dobyns Bennett

2/28, 7:00 pm @ Jefferson Co.

D2 #1 Morristown East

D1 #4 Sullivan South

2/28, 7:00 pm @ Morristown East

D1 #2 Tennessee High