IMAC basketball

tricitiessportsfan

IMAC/District 2 Basketball  

21 members have voted

1. 1. IMAC/District 2 Basketball

Current Inter-Mountain Athletic Conference Standings ??“ As of 2/6

Team, Conference Record (Overall Record)

Morristown East, 9-0 (19-6)

Cocke Co., 6-3 (12-8)

Greeneville, 6-3 (17-10)

Cherokee, 4-5 (10-12)

Morristown West, 2-7 (10-13)

Jefferson Co., 0-9 (4-19)

-----------------------------

With the final round of the regular season conference schedule looking as such:

Monday, February 9

Jefferson Co. @ Cocke Co.

Morristown West @ Cherokee

Tuesday, February 10

Morristown East @ Greeneville

It is almost a lock for the final conference finish to be:

#1 Morristown East

#2 Cocke Co.

#3 Greeneville

#4 Cherokee

#5 Morristown West

#6 Jefferson Co.

Leaving the District Tournament to look as follows:

First Round

#4 Cherokee vs. #5 Morristown West (Loser is eliminated)

#3 Greeneville vs. #6 Jefferson Co. (Loser is eliminated)

Semi-Finals

#1 Morristown East vs. #4 Cherokee/#5 Morristown West Winner

#2 Cocke Co. vs. #3 Greeneville/#6 Jefferson Co. Winner

Class AAA-District 2 Tournament to be held February 16-February 20 at Jefferson Co. High School in Dandridge, TN.

Class AAA-Region 1 Tournament to be held February 27-March 5 at Dobyns Benett High School in Kingsport, TN.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCHS-91

JCHS-60

Wasnt a game at all CCHS took control early & coast all the way to victoy. I will say this CCHS could have EASILY scored over 100 points in this game, but Coach Evans decided to put his second unit into the game with around 4 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter. The second unit had a huge scoreless drought in the 4th & by the time they started knocking down shots their was around a minute left.

So by my understanding the win over JCHS last night gives CCHS the 2nd seed & a bye in the conference tourney right?

Here's the IMAC schedule for the final days before the district tournament (cause the current schedules on this site are a little off):

TUESDAY Feb. 10

Cocke County @ Gatlinburg-Pittman

Sullivan South @ Morristown West

WEDNESDAY Feb. 11

Morristown East @ Sevier County

THURSDAY Feb. 12

Jefferson County@ North Greene

Cherokee @ Grainger

FRIDAY Feb. 13

Cocke County @ Heritage

SATURDAY Feb. 14

North Greene @ Greeneville

MONDAY Feb. 16

West Greene @ Cherokee

Morristown East @ Gatlinburg-Pittman

CCHS-91

JCHS-60

Wasnt a game at all CCHS took control early & coast all the way to victoy. I will say this CCHS could have EASILY scored over 100 points in this game, but Coach Evans decided to put his second unit into the game with around 4 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter. The second unit had a huge scoreless drought in the 4th & by the time they started knocking down shots their was around a minute left.

So by my understanding the win over JCHS last night gives CCHS the 2nd seed & a bye in the conference tourney right?

Yeah, I think the standings are final now

1. East

2. Cocke

3. G'ville

4. Cherokee

5. West

6. Jeff

Paper said this was East's first outright title since 1997. Congrats on a great year and great turnaround.

Here's the IMAC schedule for the final days before the district tournament (cause the current schedules on this site are a little off):

TUESDAY Feb. 10

Cocke County @ Gatlinburg-Pittman

Sullivan South @ Morristown West

WEDNESDAY Feb. 11

Morristown East @ Sevier County

THURSDAY Feb. 12

Jefferson County@ North Greene

Cherokee @ Grainger

FRIDAY Feb. 13

Cocke County @ Heritage

SATURDAY Feb. 14

North Greene @ Greeneville

MONDAY Feb. 16

West Greene @ Cherokee

Morristown East @ Gatlinburg-Pittman

Awesome. Thanks for the updates. I'll try to get around to changing dates and adding games sometime in the next day or two. In the meantime, if someone else wants to do it, feel free.

they can list their players all they want but the tallest guy that steps on the floor for them is maybe 6'3 they also have another kid that gets limited playing time that is 6'2 it doesnt matter the size they have on the team but what goes on the court and after those two there is noone with any size

Finally some closure to this issue lol!

Wow, Greeneville dominated East. East made a game of it late (down 18 or 20 and cut it to 4), but Greeneville dominated from the tip. Gardner got outplayed by Short (wasn't even close). This is shaping up to be a great tournament. I wouldn't be surprised if any of the top 5 were in or won the championship. The only team I don't see doing it is Jeff and they have played greeneville tough. Should be a fun week. What are the dates for Big 9 Tourny, I would love to watch both tourny's as much as possible.

District Tournament Information

District 1-AAA Tournament to be held February 14-February 24 at Dobyns Bennett High School in Kingsport, TN.

It will most likely be tomorrow afternoon before we hear the official tournament schedule and game times, as the regular season conference schedule will conclude tonight.

It??™s my understanding that the #8 Volunteer vs. #9 David Crockett play-in game will be played at Dobyns Bennett on Saturday, February 14, game time is currently unknown. From other sources I have pieced together that Science Hill will play the winner of the play-in game on Wednesday, February 18 at 6:00 pm, with Sullivan East playing the #5 seed in the following game. Dobyns Bennett will play the #7 seed at 6:00 pm on Thursday, February 19, with Tennessee High playing the #6 seed in the following game.

District 2-AAA Tournament to be held February 19-February 24 at Jefferson Co. High School in Dandridge, TN.

Final Inter-Mountain Athletic Conference Standings

#1 Morristown East (9-1)

#2 Cocke Co. (7-3)

#3 Greeneville (7-3)

#4 Cherokee (4-6)

#5 Morristown West (3-7)

#6 Jefferson Co. (0-10)

District 2-AAA Tournament Schedule

Thursday, February 19

Quarterfinals

#3 Greeneville vs. #6 Jefferson Co.

#4 Cherokee vs. #5 Morristown West

Saturday, February 21

Semi-Finals

#1 Morristown East vs. Cherokee/Morristown West Winner

#2 Cocke Co. vs. Greeneville/Jefferson Co. Winner

Tuesday, February 24

Finals

Consolation

Championship

District Tournament Information

District 1-AAA Tournament to be held February 14-February 24 at Dobyns Bennett High School in Kingsport, TN.

It will most likely be tomorrow afternoon before we hear the official tournament schedule and game times, as the regular season conference schedule will conclude tonight.

It??™s my understanding that the #8 Volunteer vs. #9 David Crockett play-in game will be played at Dobyns Bennett on Saturday, February 14, game time is currently unknown. From other sources I have pieced together that Science Hill will play the winner of the play-in game on Wednesday, February 18 at 6:00 pm, with Sullivan East playing the #5 seed in the following game. Dobyns Bennett will play the #7 seed at 6:00 pm on Thursday, February 19, with Tennessee High playing the #6 seed in the following game.

District 2-AAA Tournament to be held February 19-February 24 at Jefferson Co. High School in Dandridge, TN.

Final Inter-Mountain Athletic Conference Standings

#1 Morristown East (9-1)

#2 Cocke Co. (7-3)

#3 Greeneville (7-3)

#4 Cherokee (4-6)

#5 Morristown West (3-7)

#6 Jefferson Co. (0-10)

District 2-AAA Tournament Schedule

Thursday, February 19

Quarterfinals

#3 Greeneville vs. #6 Jefferson Co.

#4 Cherokee vs. #5 Morristown West