IMAC basketball

tricitiessportsfan

IMAC/District 2 Basketball  

21 members have voted

1. 1. IMAC/District 2 Basketball

The reason I start this thread is because I'm interested in knowing what to expect and look for when it comes tournament time. Those who know of me, know I'm a Big 9 follower, but words on these boards concerning the IMAC Conference have been few and far between. Thus, here is as good a place as any to discuss such things.

I do have to ask for some help from those who follow IMAC member schools. I have added, to the best of my knowledge, the remaining schedules for each of the District 2 schools. However, some scores I do not have, and cannot find. Tri-Cities media outlets do not cover District 2, with the exception of Greeneville regularly and Cherokee on the occasion. Below I have listed what information I need to fully update each schools schedule:

Cherokee

12/12 Jefferson Co. @ Cherokee - Need Final Score

Jefferson Co.

12/4 South Doyle @ Jefferson Co. - Need Final Score

12/12 Jefferson Co. @ Cherokee - Need Final Score

12/18 Jefferson Co. @ Pigeon Forge - Need Final Score

Did they only play two games in the Land Air Classic at Greeneville?

Did they only play two games in the Super 16 at Bearden?

Thanks in advance to those who help. Regardless, let's talk about IMAC basketball! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. How does Cocke Co. match up with Greeneville? Should we expect to see the Big Red in sole possession of second place in the IMAC come Saturday morning?

I think this will a very interesting match up at Cocke Co. They seem to be playing much better as of late. Morristown East already went in there and got a win, they can't lose two home games and expect to compete for the title. How will Greeneville respond to their loss of Tues. I think this conf. is still up for grabs, but tonight will go a long way in telling how things could sort out. East better watch out for Cherokee. Tough place to play. I think Coach Wright will have them ready, I saw his PF teams play and they were as well coached as any teams I have seen around here. I am going to have to make some trips down to MoTown and see this years squad.

I think this will a very interesting match up at Cocke Co. They seem to be playing much better as of late. Morristown East already went in there and got a win, they can't lose two home games and expect to compete for the title. How will Greeneville respond to their loss of Tues. I think this conf. is still up for grabs, but tonight will go a long way in telling how things could sort out. East better watch out for Cherokee. Tough place to play. I think Coach Wright will have them ready, I saw his PF teams play and they were as well coached as any teams I have seen around here. I am going to have to make some trips down to MoTown and see this years squad.

Will you be attending a game tonight? If so, which one and will you provide some post game analysis?

I attended the CCHS vs GHS game tonight.

It was a good contest through the 1st quarter. Cocke County pulled the lead out to 20+ early in the 3rd but Greeneville made a real good run in the 4th to cut the lead to i think 5, but Cocke County came out on top by 8 i think i cant recall the score of the top of my head.

I will say this though Jordan Short hurt his team horribly tonight. He shot somewhere around 5 for 15 but he did make most of his free throws.

I attended the CCHS vs GHS game tonight.

It was a good contest through the 1st quarter. Cocke County pulled the lead out to 20+ early in the 3rd but Greeneville made a real good run in the 4th to cut the lead to i think 5, but Cocke County came out on top by 8 i think i cant recall the score of the top of my head.

I will say this though Jordan Short hurt his team horribly tonight. He shot somewhere around 5 for 15 but he did make most of his free throws.

It seems his shot went missing after his first shot in the Arby's. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Cherokee beat Morristown West 68-54 on Tuesday (Jan. 6). West did not play in a Thanksgiving tournament.

They beat Jefferson County Friday night (Jan. 9) 73-49. Their record is 6-9, 1-4 in conference.

Awesome, thanks. The schedule is now updated. Does anyone from the Cherokee or Jefferson Co. camp know any of the information I am looking for?

Yesterday??™s (1/9) Inter-Mountain Athletic Conference Scoreboard

(brought to you by tricitiessportsfan)

Friday, January 9

Cocke Co. 54, Greeneville 47

Morristown East 54, Cherokee 48

Morristown West 73, Jefferson Co. 49

-----------------------------

Current Inter-Mountain Athletic Conference ???" As of 1/10

Team, Conference Record (Overall Record)

Morristown East, 5-0 (11-5)

Cocke Co., 4-1 (9-5)

Greeneville, 3-2 (14-6)

Cherokee, 2-3 (8-8)

Morristown West, 1-4 (6-9)

Jefferson Co., 0-5 (2-10)

Great work TCSF! I hope this thread will take off so we Big 9 fans can keep up with potential play-off match-ups. After so many dismal football teams recently and so much Greeneville dominance in basketball, I believe I'm adopting Cocke Co. as my sentimental favorite. Go Cocks! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Great work TCSF! I hope this thread will take off so we Big 9 fans can keep up with potential play-off match-ups. After so many dismal football teams recently and so much Greeneville dominance in basketball, I believe I'm adopting Cocke Co. as my sentimental favorite. Go Cocks! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Appreciate the support

Good bunch of kids that have worked hard to make CCHS a good basketball team in boys and girls..We can win conference in both. Glad we finally have a winning sport around here again