• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game times now added.

Boys - D2/AAA

District 2-AAA Tournament Schedule

Thursday, February 19

Quarterfinals

6:00 pm, #4 Cherokee vs. #5 Morristown West

7:30 pm, #3 Greeneville vs. #6 Jefferson Co.

Saturday, February 21

Semi-Finals

6:00 pm, #2 Cocke Co. vs. Greeneville/Jefferson Co. Winner

7:30 pm, #1 Morristown East vs. Cherokee/Morristown West Winner

Tuesday, February 24

Finals

6:00 pm, Consolation: TBD

7:30 pm, Championship: TBD

Current Inter-Mountain Athletic Conference Standings - As of 2/14

Team, Conference Record (Overall Record)

Morristown East, 9-1 (20-7)

Cocke Co., 7-3 (14-9)

Greeneville, 7-3 (18-11)

Cherokee, 4-6 (10-15)

Morristown West, 3-7 (12-13)

Jefferson Co., 0-10 (5-20)

Remaining IMAC Schedule

Saturday, February 14

North Greene @ Greeneville

Monday, February 16

Morristown East @ Gatlinburg Pittman

West Greene @ Cherokee

You have the times messed up...

Opening round..

Cherokee-West is at 6

Greeneville-Jeff is at 7:30

Semifinals

Cocke County vs Greeneville/Jeff is at 6

Morristown East vs Cherokee/West is at 7:30

You are correct sir, I looked at your post on the District/Region Tournament thread and in my haste posted the game times backwards. My apologies for the mistake, and thank you for the correction.

Yes . i look for west to make some noise in the district tournament

Cocke County had a solid win over Heritage Friday.

I look for East, Cocke County, Greeneville, and West to be the contenders.

Think CCHS needs to start cutting down on the substitutions now that tournament time is here and find a regular rotation.

West and Cherokee should be a great game tonight. West is really playing well right now and Cherokee was really hot until the last week. I think I will take West, by 5, in a mild upset with Sanders, Craine, and Stone all having big nights. Cherokee will be too undisciplined against West sagging D to score with any consistancy.

Jeff played Greeneville to a 5 point game a few weeks ago, can they muster up some upset magic at home in the district? I think Greeneville may be turning the corner after some tough times in the second half of the season. Coach Duncan knows how to get his teams playoff ready and they probably have the best talent in the IMAC. Greeneville jumps out early and rolls to a 20+ point victory.

Thought we needed some excitement to this board, any one else have any thoughts?

West and Cherokee should be a great game tonight. West is really playing well right now and Cherokee was really hot until the last week. I think I will take West, by 5, in a mild upset with Sanders, Craine, and Stone all having big nights. Cherokee will be too undisciplined against West sagging D to score with any consistancy.

Jeff played Greeneville to a 5 point game a few weeks ago, can they muster up some upset magic at home in the district? I think Greeneville may be turning the corner after some tough times in the second half of the season. Coach Duncan knows how to get his teams playoff ready and they probably have the best talent in the IMAC. Greeneville jumps out early and rolls to a 20+ point victory.

Thought we needed some excitement to this board, any one else have any thoughts?

What was up with Jeff County this year?? Know they haven't been a real good team recently, but didnt have a conference win this year. Think the biggest school in the conference by a pretty descent margin could be more competitive than this.