Changes to Bruceton coaching staff

tigerfan35

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking as an outsider with all due respect, I think you have a real problem with talent at CHS. It's always easier to criticize a coach for calling a wrong play if it doesn't work. Nobody ever calls the coach and says that was a great call you made on the fade pass for the TD last night. The Tigers went 8-4 last year against the same schedule and now all of a sudden the coaches are terrible? You beat Manassas and played TCA in the 2nd round.

Why is it that the Bruceton boys haven't won a game this year in basketball this year either? Are ya'll going to ask to get another coach there too? Carroll Academy beat the Bruceton boys last week at Bruceton and the CA boys haven't won a basketball game in 3 years. I'm serious...

You could have had Rod and Jackie back and you might win one game. Maybe... Talent level will still be down next year. Fielding only 23 players this past year is tough on any school. Until the fans get behind the kids and quit downing the coaches, the kids will take the same attitude as those disgruntled fans.. Kids hear the negative talk at the "Blue Dip" and then the players suddenly know more than the coaches do.

Lastly it's easy for a school with 1200 students to have talent each year. In Central's case and all small schools when you only have around 300 kids in high school that makes it harder to put talent on the field. No students in the halls equates to no talent on the field. The Tigers will be back but only until the "Saturday morning coaches" get behind the team. They always play hard and will continue to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

If I'm not mistaken, Central had 14 (or more) Seniors on the 07-08 Team. Of that 14, I know 9 or 10 were starters and the rest probably contributed. In a 1A school the size of that, losing that many starters means a couple years of rebuilding. Yeah, they got beat this year. They were young, inexperienced, and had few numbers. They'll be back.

I don't usually post but I couldn't help myself on this one.

I feel as sevral do that the Tigers will be a lot better in the next two years. It is hard to win football games when you field mostly 14 and 15 year old kids playing against 16, 17, and 18 year olds. A young man grows a lot at that age and the difference between a 14 year old and an 18 year old can be large.

Also I feel that a lot of the problem lies with the parents of these kids. Little Johnny is able to put on his own cleats at the age of three and mommy and daddy think he has a gift and is going to be the next Patrick Willis. These parents blow smoke up their childs tails making them out to be greater than they actually are. They mess up in front of their family and friends on Friday night and Mom and Dad tell them that it was not their fault because they have a so called stupid coach. Some of these kids can't wipe their own tails after taking a dump but yet are expected to be able to save the world. When this does not happen, then the blame is put on the coaches and not the kids that did not do their jobs.

I have also been to many practices and seen the coaches teach and reteach certain techniques to several of the players. These kids know what they are supposed to do at practice but seem to go brain dead when they get under the lights on Friday night. When you barely have 20 players you can't just put someone else in. You have to deal with what you have. I am not saying these are bad kids just that they will do better with a little maturity and growth.

Anyone who says that there is not something wrong with the football program at Bruceton has had their eyes closed the past few years.

It is not just the 0-10. It is more than that. The fire is gone.

People that live here know what I mean.

We have seen a steady decline in the program for the past few years and it is at the lowest point ever.

In a small town you have got to get the majority of your best athletes on the field. Bruceton has not done that consistently the last few years for whatever reason.

As Noah says, the 07' team was loaded with talent. They were a team that, just looking at the talent, you saw them going deep in the playoffs. Murphy Fair thought they would go all the way prior to the season. You rarely have a team with 2 Mr. Football finalists, 1 winner, 1 runner up on the same team in any classification and yet they made to round 2 if memory serves me right.

The younger kids coming up in pee wee and junior high look promising, but will they play at the next level?

I guess time will tell but there needs to be a turning point somewhere.

Maybe 09' will be the year?

Anyone who says that there is not something wrong with the football program at Bruceton has had their eyes closed the past few years.

It is not just the 0-10. It is more than that. The fire is gone.

People that live here know what I mean.

We have seen a steady decline in the program for the past few years and it is at the lowest point ever.

In a small town you have got to get the majority of your best athletes on the field. Bruceton has not done that consistently the last few years for whatever reason.

As Noah says, the 07' team was loaded with talent. They were a team that, just looking at the talent, you saw them going deep in the playoffs. Murphy Fair thought they would go all the way prior to the season. You rarely have a team with 2 Mr. Football finalists, 1 winner, 1 runner up on the same team in any classification and yet they made to round 2 if memory serves me right.

The younger kids coming up in pee wee and junior high look promising, but will they play at the next level?

I guess time will tell but there needs to be a turning point somewhere.

Maybe 09' will be the year?

They did get beat in the second round. If you remember there were 6 starters who had the flu. 4 of which were gettin IV's before the game and throwing up. I think the game would have ended up different if those kids werent sick and they would have gone deeper into the playoffs.