Dist 13

dcsoftball

Dyer Co was too play Dyersburg Monday but cause of weather it has been changed too Friday @ Dyer Co,we play Dyersburg@ Dyersburg wed then Westview there thurs.

We have had some injuries Amber henry who just returned this year from a acl tear last year ,she has tore the acl in her other leg an will not be returning this year,we all wish her a speedy recovery!!

In the covington tour,we had too make some changes with Amber out an also Holly with strap throat,two freshman went in an both were hurt one broke her nose an the other ball hit her in the face an pushed both front teeth back,we wish them a speedy recovery aswell!

Dyer Co is having a bad time right now but i look for them too come around come district play!!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True i dont think none of the teams are alot better then the other,they are about equal,Dyer Co beat Dyersburg yesterday 8-7 was a good game between the two,Paige French threw another good game aganist them like she did the first time they met each other on the feild which ended in a 4-0 win for Dyer Co.

Olivia Hendren an Holly gibbons both played an awsome game yesterday,Olivia hit one in right center too start the rally off an Holly hit one over too clench it,both Olivia an Hollys defense was awsome letting nothing get threw them,i think they made a good move by puttin olivia back on 3rd an moving Holly too shortstop! They totally looked differant yesterday compared too when they played westview an i think the next time they meet up it will be a differant game.

Gibson Co. lost all 4 games this weekend in a tournament up in Benton Ky @ Marshall Co. High School. The umpiring was aboslutely ridiculous. When the opposing teams coaches that you are playing come up and tell your coaches that those were some of the worst calls they've ever seen made goes to show just how bad it really was. There were several balls that we beat out at first where we were called out. There was another instance where the ball barely got past the catcher, our girl goes to steal third, she slides in and is unable to reach the bag due to the third basemen completely blocking the bag. The girl even dropped the ball at third and then tagged our runner, the ump asked the 3rd basemen if she had the ball in her glove, of course she held the ball up in the air showing she finally had the ball after it had been dropped and while she still had her whole leg across the bag and was called out on the play. I hate to sound like a whiny baby and I normally don't complain about it on here, but it was absolutely RIDICULOUS! I'm taking nothing away from the teams that beat us though, they were very good teams! Does anyone know how Westview did in this same tournament?

Gibson Co. lost all 4 games this weekend in a tournament up in Benton Ky @ Marshall Co. High School. The umpiring was aboslutely ridiculous. When the opposing teams coaches that you are playing come up and tell your coaches that those were some of the worst calls they've ever seen made goes to show just how bad it really was. There were several balls that we beat out at first where we were called out. There was another instance where the ball barely got past the catcher, our girl goes to steal third, she slides in and is unable to reach the bag due to the third basemen completely blocking the bag. The girl even dropped the ball at third and then tagged our runner, the ump asked the 3rd basemen if she had the ball in her glove, of course she held the ball up in the air showing she finally had the ball after it had been dropped and while she still had her whole leg across the bag and was called out on the play. I hate to sound like a whiny baby and I normally don't complain about it on here, but it was absolutely RIDICULOUS! I'm taking nothing away from the teams that beat us though, they were very good teams! Does anyone know how Westview did in this same tournament?

Westview had a great tournament. They took 2nd place.