Dist 13

dcsoftball

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny how your counting non district games,heck they dont matter its what you do in your district that counts!

Dyer County played Gibson Co yesterday an won 6-0. We play @Obion today.

Whats wrong with counting non district games. Westview has played and beaten some very tough non district teams. We beat a very good Camden team last week, you think a win over Camden doesnt matter, lets see Dyer County beat Camden , and then we will see if you still think that way. Playing tough teams non district or not can only make you better in the long run, so heck yea, I think it matters, and I also think alot of people would agree. It can only get you better prepared for tough games down the road, in the district

In my own opinion, wins and losses are just numbers because come tournament time it doesn't mean a thing. Look at the State Basketball games you had a team that never lost a game get beaten by a team thats record was no where near perfect. When it comes to tournament it is just going to be who is the better team and who plays their best game.

In my own opinion, wins and losses are just numbers because come tournament time it doesn't mean a thing. Look at the State Basketball games you had a team that never lost a game get beaten by a team thats record was no where near perfect. When it comes to tournament it is just going to be who is the better team and who plays their best game.

I totally get where you are coming from, but with respect to your opinion i dont think wins and losses are just numbers. When you beat a well known good team, you cannot tell me that those wins do not drastically increase a teams confidence. Wins are wins no matter if it is tourney play or not, the same as losses. I dont think there is a player out there that would say certain wins dont matter. They all matter to the kids who are playing. the losses hurt as much as the wins make them happy. The more a team plays together the more they improve, and the better they play as a team. I do agree with you though, any team can be beat on any given day, and it all comes down to winning when the situation is win or the season is over, but I stick to what I said , the more a team plays, the better they are going to be, and to keep getting better as a team you have to play a lot of ball, and I do think that can only get you better prepared for tournament time.

Well, South Fulton's pitcher was fairly good. We could get runners on base in that game, but couldn't get them moved around for a run. The South Side game was about the same. The pitcher just hit her spots and either jammed the batters or made them reach. We did get runners on in the game, but once again left them stranded.

Todays games were alot better. Gibson Co. got behind to Liberty 4-0 in the first inning and made a comeback and pulled one away from Liberty. We then played McKenzie in the second game. Their pitcher struggled hitting the strike zone and when she did hit the strike zone our hitters put it in the outfield or hit a gap in the infield. The only runs for McKenzie came off of a 2 run homer in the first by the SS from McKenzie. GC won that one 8-2. Gibson Co. then played Huntingdon in what turned out to be the final game of the day for GC. GC really struggled against Huntingdon's ace pitcher. They couldn't catch up to the speed. Huntingdon got up 9-0 and took her out. Gibson Co. made some big rallies in a couple of different innings against the other pitcher and cut the lead to 9-7. Huntingdon brought the ace pitcher back in and closed the game out.

Well, Westview had a good weekend at the Milan Tournament this weekend. On Friday night, they beat Northside 9-0 and tied McKenzie 1-1. Then on Saturday they made it to the championship game by beating Southside 5-0, Chester Co 3-0, and Milan 5-0. Then, got beat by a good Huntingdon team 3-0 in the championship game. Overall, they did a pretty good job of hitting the ball this weekend and their pitching did a great job! They pitched four no run games to some pretty good teams. They are now 15-3-1 and pick back up with two district games this week against Dyer Co and Crockett Co.

First of all I want to start off by her leg and now Dyer County has had a girl tear her ACL along with some other injuries as well. I wish all of these girls a speed recovery.

With that being said I only see two District games on the menu for today. Here are my picks.

Dyer Co over Dyersburg

Crockett over Westview

This is still anyone's district to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all I want to start off by her leg and now Dyer County has had a girl tear her ACL along with some other injuries as well. I wish all of these girls a speed recovery.

With that being said I only see two District games on the menu for today. Here are my picks.

Dyer Co over Dyersburg

Crockett over Westview

This is still anyone's district to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MARTIN WESTVIEW 5

CROCKETT CO 3

Game went for 2 hrs and 15 min in 40 degree temps, great game on both sides of the ball.