Tri-County Seven

krichunaka

Congratulations to the Lady Cyclones.

Welcome back, 17; and God Bless you through all your endeavors.

Unaka played a very good defensive game. Kayla Winters looked sharp and

refreshed, while putting 18 on the Junior Bucs. Rachel Lowe neared double-figures

with nine. Natalie Johnson was very sound, especially defensively and on the boards.

Chesnie Cox continues her trek toward stardom. Taylor Nidiffer continues to show grit

and amazing athleticism. Kaleigh Elsea had several good plays, to include a beautiful

running jumper. Danielle Jones is fighting through pain and contributing while her broken

bones heal; another courageous effort. Kayla Wilson played very sound basketball while

both Lowe and Winters had to sit down with foul touble.

*And, a heart-warming story from Washington County; Junior Buc senior, Katie Allen, is

playing inspired basketball, to close out her high school career, despite fighting through the

pain of a knee injury. Another example of Courage. Hang in there, Katie!__________________________________________________

The King isn't so fond of the Creek. We all know that. I seldom waste energy arguing the pros and

cons of one area over the other. A quick view of the local news highlights plenty undesirable behavior...

in Every area of our County. No particular area has a monopoly on good, or bad behavior. So, no,

I'm not phased by what The King, or coachh17, or anybody has to say about The Creekers. All in stride.

And though Kenneth Chambers will coach again somewhere soon, I personally don't think it will be at

Cloudland. However, I'm pretty sure that all County teachers are admitted to games (at least at games

played in Carter County), free, regardless of whether they coach.

All in all, it was a good night at Unaka, where we shared the gym with several coaches, and former

coaches, including the great coach whom the building is named after. A good thing, really.

Edited to add: Coachh17 was used only as an example. (Okay, that, plus to get him riled up).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krich, what lives we lead to be on here posting after 1 in the morning. Are we crazy or what? Just some comments on the Coach Chambers situation. I don't want to get into a big debate about what Coach Chambers is doing intentionally or not. I'm just giving you my thoughts and take on the situation. Basically it comes down to Coach Chambers himself. If he feels he is helping them by being there, then he should go. If not then he shouldn't. I really don't think it matters if they are 3 and 14 or 14 and 3. Does Coach Chambers and the new coach talk to each other about the team? Coach Parkey left in a different manner than Chambers so I don't think it can be viewed as a simuliar situation. I know it must be hard on Coach Chambers not to be a part of something he has worked so hard to build. But the one thing that really bothers me is how can he go somewhere that did that to him. I know he must be a better person than me. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction. What if he does get a new coaching job? We he continue to visit the team and place that did this? I wouldn't think so. So why not stop it now? There a lot of good games out there to watch if he is just going to watch basketball. He will always have this team in his heart. His relationship with his players will never be taken away. He just doesn't need to be a physical part of the program any more. For his own benefit, he needs to leave it behind him and start over. I'm sure everytime he goes he has to feel some type of resentment to Unaka for what was done. Not the players but the school and county. Again maybe he is just a lot better of a person than me. That is my take on the situation for what it's worth.

I know one thing, it'll be a cold day in h#ll before anyone tells me I can't pay 5 bucks to see a ball game. To insinuate that Chambers attends games to purposely distract these girls is about as retarded as it gets and it only shows why the Creekers stay in a mess all the time with their acedemics and athletics. Whether you want to admit it or not, Coach Chambers is a good guy and a good coach and somebody on the creek is just suffering from a power trip and low integrity. I knew the some of the creekers were short on character but this beats all I've ever seen. Blaming a former coach sitting in the stands on the current team's woes. Good grief! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Zazzaa909z9az,

Let's break a few so called "facts" down just to get some things straight from your post above:

1)County employees get in every game for free. Ken Chambers never pays 5 bucks to get in and it sounds like you are proud to say you do. However, if you ever get tired of paying, good luck getting yourself a job with the county to bypass the 5 dollar rule at the door. By the way, do you even have a job?

2)Good luck trying to elaborate (and yes, I just used the word "elaborate"... look it up sometime) on the creekers academics. Looks like Roan Mountain could use a little work themselves. Check your spelling, big guy. Spellcheck was made for people just like you.

3) It's not a matter of whether or not people want to admit anything, it's the facts in front of you. Do you talk to Coach Chambers, discuss life, hoops and their parallels (there's you another word to look up)? I doubt you do, so don't go with the "good guy" "good coach" plea, try something else. And to refer back to academics, give defining integrity a shot... whew, thats a tough one.

4) Three points would be the charm, but I'll go for a fourth just for good measure. You can't blame him for watching a game because it really is harmless (whether he pays 5 bucks like you or not), but laughing on the stage while the girls he "cares so much about" are getting it handed to them is not. Get the guy in Roan Mountain who's not on a power trip and has a little integrity to hire him and you'll see......big guy.

Zazzaa909z9az,

Let's break a few so called "facts" down just to get some things straight from your post above:

1)County employees get in every game for free. Ken Chambers never pays 5 bucks to get in and it sounds like you are proud to say you do. However, if you ever get tired of paying, good luck getting yourself a job with the county to bypass the 5 dollar rule at the door. By the way, do you even have a job?

2)Good luck trying to elaborate (and yes, I just used the word "elaborate"... look it up sometime) on the creekers academics. Looks like Roan Mountain could use a little work themselves. Check your spelling, big guy. Spellcheck was made for people just like you.

3) It's not a matter of whether or not people want to admit anything, it's the facts in front of you. Do you talk to Coach Chambers, discuss life, hoops and their parallels (there's you another word to look up)? I doubt you do, so don't go with the "good guy" "good coach" plea, try something else. And to refer back to academics, give defining integrity a shot... whew, thats a tough one.

4) Three points would be the charm, but I'll go for a fourth just for good measure. You can't blame him for watching a game because it really is harmless (whether he pays 5 bucks like you or not), but laughing on the stage while the girls he "cares so much about" are getting it handed to them is not. Get the guy in Roan Mountain who's not on a power trip and has a little integrity to hire him and you'll see......big guy.

Kuriousgeorge, I was going to avoid the "laughing on the stage"(I was truly hoping that none of the players saw this), for the Lady Rangers sake. Screenandroll has it right also(in more a more plesent to the eye writing style). But none the less, I'll go back to an earlier post, until the PLAYERS(first), ex-coach-ES, posters, and "people who want the job", realize the damage their doing, this WON'T GO AWAY! I would bet big money were not the only ones that see this. I would also bet big money that before all is said and done, TRUE colors WILL be shown, always are.(liked the "good guy","good coach" plea, wish some more would take the blinders off and pick up on these things)(IRONIC, isn't it?) As far as the Cloudland job goes, he won't go there,(nothing but a zAZa90/King ploy to keep the "poster world" in an up roar) because they WON'T hire him. I still think it would be a good fit for all. Some advice screenandroll, you are going to have to be more direct, I don't think they get it(may not want to), you know the part where they(coach and company) are not only hurting the Lady Rangers, but themselves.(future jobs IF any) You never know who's watching or reading!

Please don't tell me that you have gone over to the 'dark side' Vader

haha, I just think Kenneth is one of the best coaches in the area. His success speaks for itsself...

As far as the Cloudland job goes, he won't go there,(nothing but a zAZa90/King ploy to keep the "poster world" in an up roar) because they WON'T hire him. I still think it would be a good fit for all.

You are correct. Cloudland will not hire him. Why would they? They are WINNING. The teams who are losing and are at the bottom of their conferences are the ones who need Coach Chambers. I really don't know why I'm even arguing this. I'm glad the Rangers let him go. It just makes it easier for the Dawgs...

haha, I just think Kenneth is one of the best coaches in the area. His success speaks for itsself...

You are correct. Cloudland will not hire him. Why would they? They are WINNING. The teams who are losing and are at the bottom of their conferences are the ones who need Coach Chambers. I really don't know why I'm even arguing this. I'm glad the Rangers let him go. It just makes it easier for the Dawgs...

I've ask Krich to give us some insight on "WHO" will do the hiring.(inquiries)

Screen,

Thanks for your sincere concerns and suggestions. And though you're correct that this is not

the time for big debate, or, for that matter, to place intent into question, the fact that attendees

are interpreting body language and facial expressions, that we're exchanging insults toward one

school or the other's academic credentials... demonstrates the degree of contempt some have for

the ex-coach.

And, several of our area's coaches have been dismissed or allowed to resign recently, some under

very serious circumstances. And as such, it's only fair and fitting, now, to clarify the conditions that

led to the dismissal of Coach Chambers: The most-serious of the allegations was that, he "appeared"

to have "possibly" been giving instructions during a pre-season scrimmage.

Another? That he took players from the local elementary schools, to summer camps. Incidentally,

those players were taken to those camps on busses arranged for by the elementary school, with the

invite of those schools, and with the approval of the Superintendent's office.

So, yes, the circumstances are/were much different, and in fact, the allegations with the other coaches

were actually much more serious.

The origin, the root cause for the ultimate dismissal was... Playing Time.

As to whether he attends Unaka games, or not, I no longer care. But he has that right. And, no matter

how skillfully articulated, or not; and regardless of his/her academic standing or level of intellengence,

anyone and everyone has the right to opine.

Screen,

Thanks for your sincere concerns and suggestions. And though you're correct that this is not

the time for big debate, or, for that matter, to place intent into question, the fact that attendees

are interpreting body language and facial expressions, that we're exchanging insults toward one

school or the other's academic credentials... demonstrates the degree of contempt some have for

the ex-coach.

And, several of our area's coaches have been dismissed or allowed to resign recently, some under

very serious circumstances. And as such, it's only fair and fitting, now, to clarify the conditions that

led to the dismissal of Coach Chambers: The most-serious of the allegations was that, he "appeared"

Another? That he took players from the local elementary schools, to summer camps. Incidentally,

those players were taken to those camps on busses arranged for by the elementary school, with the

So, yes, the circumstances are/were much different, and in fact, the allegations with the other coaches

As to whether he attends Unaka games, or not, I no longer care. But he has that right. And, no matter

how skillfully articulated, or not; and regardless of his/her academic standing or level of intellengence,

Krich, truth be known, in 90% of the coaching dismissals at this level, doesn't it usually go back to playing time. Yes, I do realize that there were one or maybe two that did bonehead things, but for the most part its upset parents that decide the fate of a coach, especially in girls athletics. I do not look for Chambers to coach at this level again in our local area, if he is willing to relocate there are jobs out there. Most "girls" jobs are hired in house, this keeps the school from losing a position for a boys coach. Sad but true. Take the EHS job, all the talk about this coach or that coach, ultimatley Dugger was chosen because he is a good coach and more importantly he was "in-house" freeing up a place for a football coach, or a boy's basketball assistant. It's just a fact of life in Northeast TN where girls athletics are concerned. I mean Chambers himself was a "in house" hire just like Hicks, Bowling, and Parkey before him, as was the current coach. It's a brutal cycle, but girls basketball at Unaka will survive as it always has, and the next coach will be waiting for the next upset parent so that they can have thier chance.

Screen,

the ex-coach.

Krich, where do you get your info.(coach Chambers, that's what it reads like) I think you could have your "allegations" mixed up. The same Superintendent's office that,"let him go", for a "possibly", "appeared to have", and "had approval for"? Krich your going to keep digging and you just might find something. I don't think it's going to be "playing time" either. Are you defending or trying to drag out what could be an "ugly" truth? (the "fair and fitting" part) The "circumstances" were in my opinion, quite the same.(let it go, doing more damage than good)

IT SEEMS LIKE THE LAST WORD IS MORE CONCERNED WITH WHO IS AT THE GAMES, WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND WHO THEY ARE WITH INSTEAD OF SUPPORTING THE TEAMS THEMSELVES. DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE GAMES? DID YOU NOTICE THAT COACH CHAMBERS WAS AT FRIDAY NIGHT'S GAME AND THE GIRLS WON? NO CONGRATULATIONS, NO WAY TO GO, NOTHING. DID YOU KNOW THERE WAS A GAME LAST NIGHT?

DID YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE ON COACH CHAMBERS AT THE CLOUDLAND GAME TO KNOW EVERYTHING THAT HE WAS SAYING? WAS HE SITTING BY HIMSELF OR WERE OTHERS WITH HIM? HAVE YOU STOPPED TO THINK THAT MAYBE HE WAS HAVING A SOCIAL CONVERSATION AND LAUGHING AT SOMETHING BESIDES THE BALLGAME?

ARE YOU A PARENT OF ONE OF THE GIRLS ON THE TEAM? IF SO, THEN YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN TALK TO HIM ABOUT ANY ISSUES THAT YOU MAY HAVE OR HAD. IF YOU HAVE SUCH ISSUES WITH THE MAN WHY DON'T YOU PUT ON YOUR BIG BOY PANTS AND GO TALK TO HIM FACE TO FACE INSTEAD OF HIDING HERE AND MAKING SUCH RIDICULOUS REMARKS. THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT HIM! IT IS ABOUT THE 7 TEAMS IN THE COUNTY AND HOW WELL THEY HAVE DONE. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM INSTEAD OF STIRRING UP SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER.

Krich, truth be known, in 90% of the coaching dismissals at this level, doesn't it usually go back to playing time. Yes, I do realize that there were one or maybe two that did bonehead things, but for the most part its upset parents that decide the fate of a coach, especially in girls athletics. I do not look for Chambers to coach at this level again in our local area, if he is willing to relocate there are jobs out there. Most "girls" jobs are hired in house, this keeps the school from losing a position for a boys coach. Sad but true. Take the EHS job, all the talk about this coach or that coach, ultimatley Dugger was chosen because he is a good coach and more importantly he was "in-house" freeing up a place for a football coach, or a boy's basketball assistant. It's just a fact of life in Northeast TN where girls athletics are concerned. I mean Chambers himself was a "in house" hire just like Hicks, Bowling, and Parkey before him, as was the current coach. It's a brutal cycle, but girls basketball at Unaka will survive as it always has, and the next coach will be waiting for the next upset parent so that they can have thier chance.

Alot of truth to this, I agree, girls basketball at Unaka will survive as always.(good post daddysgirl)