Hampton Basketball

Let me get this straight that you think the post players played well. Never in my life have I seen such stuff. Laziness abounds. What could be but never will be, and that is not a slap at the coaches. It wouldn't matter who was on the bench the post play would never change until they (players) have a change of heart and actually play hard, which they never do.

Do you ever have anything positive to say? I dont expect an inexperienced sophmore to get thrown out there and dominate, neither should anyone else. It sounds like you are a knowledgeable enough person to understand that it takes time, and good coaching (which we have) for a player to progress and reach their full potential. Either you are not very patient or you are just flat out jealous of this team and just want to tear the team down with your constant criticism. Hampton will suprise some people this season, wait and see.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well he might have been bothered by a prior injury but that done mean that u dont go in the game. He might have lost some playing time because there was a 5 foot nothing guard guarding him and the post you speak of could not score he has to want to play and not chickin out when someone pushes him a little.

From what I understand he never asked to come out of the game. They asked why he wasn??™t playing well and he told them the injury was bothering him and he was taking out as a result of that. That could be false that??™s just what I have been told. Besides that, the game was well in hand at that point and there is no need to risk getting a key player injured in a non conference game that you are dominating. In my opinion, if a player is bothered by an injury in a game that doesn??™t mean much you take him out and I think we made a smart decision by doing that. Sure, the injury is probably minor but there??™s still no need to risk doing more damage because we will need him down the stretch. Again, the injury is no excuse for the sluggish play and he will have to get more aggressive and physical and he will he has improved a great deal in that department already this year. People need to be a little more patient with our young post players.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!!

Do you ever have anything positive to say? I dont expect an inexperienced sophmore to get thrown out there and dominate, neither should anyone else. It sounds like you are a knowledgeable enough person to understand that it takes time, and good coaching (which we have) for a player to progress and reach their full potential. Either you are not very patient or you are just flat out jealous of this team and just want to tear the team down with your constant criticism. Hampton will suprise some people this season, wait and see.

I agree 100 %. It really makes no sense that we go out and dominate a team and our own fans are still on here bad mouthing our team. Sure, they didn??™t do every single thing right but no team ever does. Relax people we got the W.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!

I guess some people are just never happy, period. We won the game handily, yet some people have to have something to complain about. All this griping about our post players is getting old. It takes time for a sophomore post player to adjust and develop as a starter. Yes, at times, we seem a step slow and out of position. However, major strides have been made, and when all is said and done, we'll have a darn good center. What some have failed to remember is that our starting center wasn't even on varsity last year, and suddenly he's the starter. That's quite a jump, and he's only a sophomore. I htink he'll be just fine, and will tunr out to be quite a handful for other teams to deal with. Some people just need to have a little bit of patience and ease up on these guys, they're trying, and they're getting there.

As far as I see it on the Post situation, Why would he even want to play? I mean you have the two guards scoring over 85% of the Bulldogs points, Not to mention shooting only about 20% in doing that LoL! I over heard some people say "If I were Hill I'd be mad, they don't get the post the ball". If a Key player is injured or had a previous injury flaring up then you do not want to risk getting them hurt worse. He's only a sophmore, but yet he's getting pounded by everyone on here. Somthing I'd like to say is Let this team grow, eventually those guards I mentioned will get to a game,"maybe in the tournament" and they will try their way of taking it inside and not using a BIG God given talented 6'6'' player on the inside. well they will take it up and be denied. Any good defensive team can shut us down. Just stop those two guards. LOL

With this team playing the way they are it dosen't look any fun. and if you have played any sport you'd know "IT HAS TO BE FUN!

Maybe just maybe they will grow with the team and as a team someday. I hope so for if not, total loss of what could of been will never be"!

God bless and Go Dogs!

As far as I see it on the Post situation, Why would he even want to play? I mean you have the two guards scoring over 85% of the Bulldogs points, Not to mention shooting only about 20% in doing that LoL! I over heard some people say "If I were Hill I'd be mad, they don't get the post the ball". If a Key player is injured or had a previous injury flaring up then you do not want to risk getting them hurt worse. He's only a sophmore, but yet he's getting pounded by everyone on here. Somthing I'd like to say is Let this team grow, eventually those guards I mentioned will get to a game,"maybe in the tournament" and they will try their way of taking it inside and not using a BIG God given talented 6'6'' player on the inside. well they will take it up and be denied. Any good defensive team can shut us down. Just stop those two guards. LOL

With this team playing the way they are it dosen't look any fun. and if you have played any sport you'd know "IT HAS TO BE FUN!

Maybe just maybe they will grow with the team and as a team someday. I hope so for if not, total loss of what could of been will never be"!

God bless and Go Dogs!

Well Mr. username with this statement you sound like you do not know what you are talking about. Have you ever played basketball. These guards are good they know what they are doing. When they get stopped they know what to do with the ball. Now to the post situation, is not hurt. His pride might be hurt because he let a guy half his size push him around. ONE of the reasons that he does not get the ball is because he does not work hard enough to get the ball.The SECOND reason is because when he does get the ball he does not make a good enough move to score. And he does not need to quit, you are saying that he does THAT IS THE STUPIDEST THING THAT I HAVE EVER HEARD. Quiting is the easy way out and once he starts working harder for the ball and if they still do not get him the ball he needs to talk to the guards and if that does not work I know that the coaches will get on them. and GOD does give talent, but he will help people that help that help their self.

DAWG for LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless and Go Dogs!

Why would he not want to play? Hill is on a very good team that is going to be awesome the next few years and he is going to be a key player on this team. I don??™t see how you could call yourself a Hampton fan if you get on here and try to encourage a player to quit on the team because they are not getting the basketball every trip down the floor. People making dumb statements like that is what makes kids disrespect the coaches. They hear fans complaining contently even when the team is successful and I think if you asked Hill if he wanted the ball more I would bet anything that he would tell you he could care less as long as the team wins. As for the guards, they are playing awesome right now and they give 100 % every night out and it??™s crazy to down grade any player when they are playing hard and playing well. I just don??™t understand what you could possibly say bad about the two guards the last two games unless you??™re just jealous. They put the team into a position to win mostly every night. Take those two guards off the team and tell me how many wins the dawgs have this year.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!

Why would he not want to play? Hill is on a very good team that is going to be awesome the next few years and he is going to be a key player on this team. I don??™t see how you could call yourself a Hampton fan if you get on here and try to encourage a player to quit on the team because they are not getting the basketball every trip down the floor. People making dumb statements like that is what makes kids disrespect the coaches. They hear fans complaining contently even when the team is successful and I think if you asked Hill if he wanted the ball more I would bet anything that he would tell you he could care less as long as the team wins. As for the guards, they are playing awesome right now and they give 100 % every night out and it??™s crazy to down grade any player when they are playing hard and playing well. I just don??™t understand what you could possibly say bad about the two guards the last two games unless you??™re just jealous. They put the team into a position to win mostly every night. Take those two guards off the team and tell me how many wins the dawgs have this year.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!

You are geting it all wrong i didn't mean it that way, every one bashes him all the time saying " we have no post"

LOL i'm sick of it because he's one of the best post in east tn, and someday could be the best.

From what I can read, it looks like the Dawgs want to make some changes. Let's look at a couple of things:

1) Post players have to be the most important part of a team... especially a team as united as the dogs (I shouldn't have to say this, but if you can't sense the sarcasm in the previous statement, don't read any further cause you won't get it). If I were a post player on the team, I would create a username, get on the board and suggest my opinion about how things should really be, if it hasn't been done already.... or has it (aka. every post on this topic).

2) Since the guards are scoring all 85% of the points in every game, it seems to me that the other 15% could be taken up by anybody (maybe even another guard). Since Hampton has the best post player in East Tennessee (yeah, that's what you said "usernameisalreadytaken"), I would fight for my 15% of the points somewhere else. Anybody who knows basketball knows that you gotta have a post game to get down the road.... come on guys!

3) If the coaches could see that the post players everywhere else are getting their points and minutes, they would see that the post game is oh so imperative. But, with that in mind, be different and make the change and go small with the lineup like the Highlanders. I mean, Coach Carp knows how to do it at Cloudland, shouldn't the Bulldogs be able to do the same? (Since the blood bleeds blue at both places)

Think about it....

From what I can read, it looks like the Dawgs want to make some changes. Let's look at a couple of things:

1) Post players have to be the most important part of a team... especially a team as united as the dogs (I shouldn't have to say this, but if you can't sense the sarcasm in the previous statement, don't read any further cause you won't get it). If I were a post player on the team, I would create a username, get on the board and suggest my opinion about how things should really be, if it hasn't been done already.... or has it (aka. every post on this topic).

2) Since the guards are scoring all 85% of the points in every game, it seems to me that the other 15% could be taken up by anybody (maybe even another guard). Since Hampton has the best post player in East Tennessee (yeah, that's what you said "usernameisalreadytaken"), I would fight for my 15% of the points somewhere else. Anybody who knows basketball knows that you gotta have a post game to get down the road.... come on guys!

3) If the coaches could see that the post players everywhere else are getting their points and minutes, they would see that the post game is oh so imperative. But, with that in mind, be different and make the change and go small with the lineup like the Highlanders. I mean, Coach Carp knows how to do it at Cloudland, shouldn't the Bulldogs be able to do the same? (Since the blood bleeds blue at both places)

Think about it....

First to the post players at Hampton, Thats the nature of the game.(every where else at least) You rebound, run down the floor(repeatedly), you defend, and you take very few shots(except off. rebounds), with very little if any credit.(IF YOU PLAY FOR HAMPTON) Coach White plays his own way, and thats HIS way. Who can argue with his success? I'm sure if you choose another path, White will fill the void(may very well be with another guard) if they are scoring 85% of the points, it may need to be looked at anyway(they WILL move on). Kuriousgeorge, funny you typed about Carpenter, every thing I'm hearing is "He's the next man" at Hampton. I even heard this at the Cloudland/ Unaka game. This came from Cloudland fans/supporters. Anyone else hearing this?