district 11AA

ballbasher30

It's called high school sports KS. Everyone wishes they could go back to the glory days. Hey KS, it's 2009, not 2006. Yeah, you guys were good. But I am pretty sure Sycamore/Creek Wood could "hold a candle" to the apparent infamous 06 Indians.

The sad part is, you apparently have no idea as to what he was talking about. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my point's been made. Sadly. They don't hold a candle.

I'm talking about the quality of smack talk on the 11AA boards in 06 dude. Your first post about the skinned infield was pretty good. Much better than Catfish's weak attempt with 'Puffing the Magic Dragon'. H.R. Puffnstuff would have been a much funnier weed reference. I know, it's way over your head. Google is your friend.

For example, when Coach Farmer was texting young coeds and Sycamore had the red face, Harpeth's student section suggested 'Hot for Teacher' and 'Don't Stand so Close to Me' for songs that the Wareagles should come out to. Now that's funny stuff right there. I don't care who you are.

I take back my compliment. You need to complete your Cheatumacounty edumacation before you can hang. If then.

I agree with KSgovols here. This board is lame. It is full of people who don't know the game that just post dumb comments. Back from 2003-2006 this board was full of knowledgable fans of the game who would rant back and forth and actually make sense. I gave up the smack talking once I started coaching on the high school level. Last year, I was coaching out at Fairview and noticed how bad the district had gotten. The quality in play in this district is in a trough from what it was from 2000-2006. Maybe the posters on coacht have followed suit.

I think my point's been made. Sadly. They don't hold a candle.

I'm talking about the quality of smack talk on the 11AA boards in 06 dude. Your first post about the skinned infield was pretty good. Much better than Catfish's weak attempt with 'Puffing the Magic Dragon'. H.R. Puffnstuff would have been a much funnier weed reference. I know, it's way over your head. Google is your friend.

For example, when Coach Farmer was texting young coeds and Sycamore had the red face, Harpeth's student section suggested 'Hot for Teacher' and 'Don't Stand so Close to Me' for songs that the Wareagles should come out to. Now that's funny stuff right there. I don't care who you are.

I take back my compliment. You need to complete your Cheatumacounty edumacation before you can hang. If then.

Hey KS, I think maybe SHS has been puffing. I believe they maybe related to cheathamfan.

Harpeth beat MLK tonight in a sloppy game. 12-8 or something along those lines. MLK has gotten better since the first matchup. Harpeth needs to put these type of teams away early. MLK pitching wasn't all that. Harpeth didn't pitch their 1 thru 3 guys. If you do get a chance to play at Seven Oaks Park they have the best concession stand in the midstate and I love the old knothole fencing in the outfield with the little rise in right field. Lavender Field has a lot of character. I always look forward to spending a little money in South Nashville for some primo grub at the ballpark. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Big week next week for the Indians. They're playing at least one every day Monday through Saturday. Some of the clubs are selling Boston Butts during the Good Day to Play tournament for $25 each for around 5 lbs of barbeque. PM me for your pre order or take your chances at getting one next Thursday and Friday.

I wonder if we could get a milkshake maker for our concession stand

I wonder if we could get a milkshake maker for our concession stand

It would be a hit. MLK's not coming off the schedule anytime soon I hope. Playing surface at Shelby, concessions at Seven Oaks. 7 Oaks gets my vote. I might just get a schedule of games over there and drop by after work for a burger and shake. Larapin'

It has. Sycamore and Creekwood are about where I figured. Waverly is not. Fairview has lost a lot from last year for whatever reason and Pieratt's been hurt for Stewart County. Mills is going to win his share of starts and Central seems to be doing well. I haven't seen them other than JV. I'll admit that Harpeth has been a surprise even to their fans. We knew Foriest transferring in would have an impact, but freshmen pitching at #2 and #3 was an unknown. The talent is young and there's more coming next year. They play better defense than last year, their pitching is more consistent and they typically put the ball in play at the plate. That's a good place to start. They are going to wind up in the top 4 which I'll take. I predicted 5th at the beginning of the year. I thought they were a year away, but they have 3 solid classes in next years freshmen, sophomores and juniors. Top 2 bats weren't here last year.

As a whole the district is down from the years when Central made a run in the state one year and Harpeth went the next two with those great battles with Sycamore. A lot of those kids are playing college ball today. The talent in the district this year is a lot younger overall. Creekwood and Sycamore probably have more veterans than anyone.

Good luck at Franklin. That's a nice program with some tradition.

who is playing in the district today if the weather holds off?

Fairview goes to Waverly tonight and Waverly travels to Fairvierw tomorrow if the weather is not bad. This is a chance for Waverly to get back on the winning side of things as they should sweep Fairview with little resistance in the next few days.