district 11AA

ballbasher30

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets hope you have your 1 or 2 pitching, we don't want any excuses when we revenge our first loss to yall

Gotcha.

Just a pointer, but I would have played the game today at 1:30 with the Montgomery Central JV and Varsity game behind it because playing 3 games in one day takes a lot out of a team even if one of them is JV. Not only that, but Harpeth has a 3 day tournament with at least 4 games after todays games starting tomorrow and Cheatham chooses not to play! If you were not wanting to see the 1 or 2, you had that sitting in your lap. I'm bumfuzzled as to what penalty Harpeth incurred by Cheatham deciding to put this game off a week. Thanks Cubs!

By the by, Central whupped Harpeth 15-7 tonight. The sun was in our eyes! We weren't breathing out of the right eyelid! The strike zone was reversed! We didn't show up to play!

Gotcha.

Just a pointer, but I would have played the game today at 1:30 with the Montgomery Central JV and Varsity game behind it because playing 3 games in one day takes a lot out of a team even if one of them is JV. Not only that, but Harpeth has a 3 day tournament with at least 4 games after todays games starting tomorrow and Cheatham chooses not to play! If you were not wanting to see the 1 or 2, you had that sitting in your lap. I'm bumfuzzled as to what penalty Harpeth incurred by Cheatham deciding to put this game off a week. Thanks Cubs!

By the by, Central whupped Harpeth 15-7 tonight. The sun was in our eyes! We weren't breathing out of the right eyelid! The strike zone was reversed! We didn't show up to play!

man ks the ball just didnt bounce the right way did it lol. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> excuses every week for cheatham.

It's a simple game boobie. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. If you lollygag your way around the infield and you lollygag your way across the outfield, you know what that makes you? Lollygaggers!

I think the worst thing that happened to Harpeth is those young players figured out who all was in their district and that they were tied for first place. That's not a concern anymore. The game is played between the lines for the most part, but sometimes it's played between the ears. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

It's a simple game boobie. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. If you lollygag your way around the infield and you lollygag your way across the outfield, you know what that makes you? Lollygaggers!

I think the worst thing that happened to Harpeth is those young players figured out who all was in their district and that they were tied for first place. That's not a concern anymore. The game is played between the lines for the most part, but sometimes it's played between the ears. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

baseball is kinda like life, from the words of one of my former coaches and i quote, "do good things, and good things happen. do bad things and bad things happen." /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes KS... It's between the ears. Much could be said about spending too much time doting about the past. Reality always has a way of reaching up and biting you on the butt. Hopefully last night's loss was a dose of reality. The goal for any team should be to continually improve throughout the season. Let's hope everyone gets in that mindset and understands the schedule that is ahead of them. Nothing replaces being prepared for your opponent. Harpeth was not prepared last night.

That's the truth right there with the mental part