district 11AA

ballbasher30

I'm sure Kyle Quillen will pitch against Harpeth on Tuesday. That will leave seniors Jake Sirmeyer and Cory Carrigan for Creek Wood. That's pitchers three and four. They also have juniors Cameron Reed and Travis Rose and sophmore Garrett Mayberry available.

Why wouldn't Sycamore save Quillen for Creekwood and pitch #3 or 4 against Harpeth tonight?

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i actually went tonight to the game instead of going to Central v Cheatham. Only two players scored that reached base on strike 3. We'll say Sycamore should have won 8-0 (if sycamore would have stopped ripping Foriest late). Harpeth was not very stong, but probably haven't seen a team as strong as Sycamore thus far. Sycamore was the far better team. Quillen didn't even take the hill tonight. Definitely would have been a no hitter if he had gone.

10k's for the Harpeth slinger. 7 for Hunter. 6 or 7 hits for Sycamore and 1 for Harpeth.

The way I see it, Sycamore run-ruled Harpeth's best, and they couldn't handle Sycamore's two.

Lets just see if Sycamore blows it once again.

I know 4 runs scored in the first 2 innings without a hit. I saw 3 rips. A liner past 2nd, a liner over right fielder and the home run. Foriest had pretty good stuff, but how many throws into right field did you see? The runs after the errors are unearned as well. Several of those with 2 outs. Should have been out of the inning when the home run was hit.

The difference is 6 seniors for Sycamore and one for Harpeth. Experience counts. Harpeth's outfield was freshman, sophomore, sophomore, sophomore behind the plate, sophomore at second, sophomore at first.

I know 4 runs scored in the first 2 innings without a hit. I saw 3 rips. A liner past 2nd, a liner over right fielder and the home run. Foriest had pretty good stuff, but how many throws into right field did you see? The runs after the errors are unearned as well. Several of those with 2 outs. Should have been out of the inning when the home run was hit.

The difference is 6 seniors for Sycamore and one for Harpeth. Experience counts. Harpeth's outfield was freshman, sophomore, sophomore, sophomore behind the plate, sophomore at second, sophomore at first.

I understand what you are saying. Pretty sure Sycamore had 3 sophomores and a freshmeat out there last night. As do they every night. I could be wrong. But I think wheeler, binkley, and rose are sophomores and gentry is fresh.

If they pitch quillen tonight they would not be very smart. Better save him for the wood.

Not knocking Sycamore at all. They played well enough to win. When your ace can't win even when he's striking out 12-16 a game but losing on K2-3 plays, errant pick offs and throwing balls into right field on bunts there's an issue. What's wrong with that picture? If they're not touching the fast ball, go double out or just blow it by them. Throw that curve ball earlier in the count when there aren't runners on base. It is nasty, but it doesn't do you any good if runners are advancing or you're swapping outs for base runners. It's not an out pitch unless you're actually getting outs. There were at least 6 K2-3 attempts for Harpeth last night. That's way too many.

It is odd that carefulwhatyouwishfor didn't watch the awesome game between Mills and Foriest at Cunningham or at least didn't have anything to say about it, but missed a Central game to watch Harpeth/Sycamore. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" You don't have to be ashamed of being a Sycamore fan dude. We don't care. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I say they pitch carrigan against creekwood, he is pretty much up there with kyle and jace in pitching, he hasnt had many opportunities cuz he has to catch due to the injury to freshman zack gentry. Trust me he can bring it just as good as them two. It should be a interesting game between creekwood and sycamore like always.

Does Sycamore wrap up the district with a win tom?

Ok..Now who do you put on the bump for creekwood,Hooper pitched last night and Donaldson started last meeting..

Ok..Now who do you put on the bump for creekwood,Hooper pitched last night and Donaldson started last meeting..

If Donaldson pitches tonight against fairview, then that would leave cox or warwick for thursday

They have both threw well there last couple of outings, but it all depends on who pitches tonight. But whoever pitches for either team it will be a great game to watch.

after the show fairview put on, why would CW throw anyone who could possible pitch against sycamore? CW could throw any one it wants and beat fairview tonight in 5. hats off to Coach Clapper, he subbed his JV in after the 1st inning and did hold runners as much as he could and they still scored 23 runs. long season for fairview gets longer with CW tonight, Harpeth thursdday and Sycamore twice next week. can you say 8th seed!!!

after the show fairview put on, why would CW throw anyone who could possible pitch against sycamore? CW could throw any one it wants and beat fairview tonight in 5. hats off to Coach Clapper, he subbed his JV in after the 1st inning and did hold runners as much as he could and they still scored 23 runs. long season for fairview gets longer with CW tonight, Harpeth thursdday and Sycamore twice next week. can you say 8th seed!!!

Good point I think Hooper threw last night to get going again, he had been down with mono for a couple of weeks. I agree with putting a pitcher way down the line on the bump tonight, but were not coaching and we dont know wats going on. We Just watch and cheer.