district 11AA

ballbasher30

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea with high school kids. Harpeth gets demoralized at Sycamore and turns around and beats them the next night. I can say that Sycamore wasn't too happy when they left the field. Intra county rivals and all, but Creek Wood will get their best shot I bet. Nobody's really pounding it. If errors don't kill either team, I think it'll be a 3-2 type game. I'll pick the home team, whoever that is. Forgot.

One of the cool things about this area and our district is that several of the guys have grown up playing each other their whole lives and they know one another and are friends outside of the diamond in many cases. The bragging rights and rivalries are year round things for some teams. The Cheatham County kids play Jr. Pro basketball and football against each other starting in 4th grade and Harpeth kids play against Dickson County kids in Little League from 5 years old on up. That makes for some really good games and you can't always predict the outcome. They've played a few dozen times by the time they get to this point. AAA schools like the one I went to have enough kids to just play among themselves in youth sports and their rivalries aren't as long lived I'd say and not nearly as intense. One of the things I love about AA ball.

Sycamore is home, but I predict Sycamore winning this one also. CW is tough, but just not good enough. Obviously Sycamore got caught looking ahead to CW and overlooking Harpeth. Especially since they saved the best pitcher in the district for them. If anyone wants to argue that then you are sadly mistaken. Without this kid Quillen they don't beat Wavo, Central, or Creekwood. So argue if you want.

Sycamore is undefeated at home this year. And usually always tough at home. We shall see. I will be making the big drive from Clarksville to catch this game. Can't wait

And what momentum are you speaking of? The fact that they swept Fairview and Sycamore split with Harpeth? I hope thats not it. And the momentum would be on Sycamore's side if anything. 10-1 in the district, already beat CW at CW. CW hasn't beat them since 07. Just wondering..

momentum definitely on CW side,but alot depends on how sycamore responds to loss last night.But Im gonna predict CW 7-3

7-3? You have to give Sycamore more credit than that. Yeah they may have lossed to middle of the pack team but Sycamore is a whole lot better than 7-3 especially when Quillen is on the bump, which since he didn't throw at Harpeth looks like is going to happen. Like ks said they weren't too happy leaving the field so they are more hungry and focused then ever to get a win. I say it's a 1 or 2 run game going either way but I give the edge to Quillen. Good luck to both teams. This should be the hot ticket in the district this week.

Sycamore is home, but I predict Sycamore winning this one also. CW is tough, but just not good enough. Obviously Sycamore got caught looking ahead to CW and overlooking Harpeth. Especially since they saved the best pitcher in the district for them. If anyone wants to argue that then you are sadly mistaken. Without this kid Quillen they don't beat Wavo, Central, or Creekwood. So argue if you want.

Sycamore is undefeated at home this year. And usually always tough at home. We shall see. I will be making the big drive from Clarksville to catch this game. Can't wait

And what momentum are you speaking of? The fact that they swept Fairview and Sycamore split with Harpeth? I hope thats not it. And the momentum would be on Sycamore's side if anything. 10-1 in the district, already beat CW at CW. CW hasn't beat them since 07. Just wondering..

Wins are wins CW has won last 4 games so if that aint momentum what is?? And I think CW needs it worst.And they know that That they capable get some hits off Quillen. Cox will be on the hump with a little different look than last match so we will have to see how the ball bounces gonna be great to watch

Wins are wins CW has won last 4 games so if that aint momentum what is?? And I think CW needs it worst.And they know that That they capable get some hits off Quillen. Cox will be on the hump with a little different look than last match so we will have to see how the ball bounces gonna be great to watch

Obviously your not watching you are playing in red and grey tomorrow I am sure. However, yeah your right they got something like 4 hits in 8innings pitched last time off Quillen. So they should be coming in with great confidence. I saw last game and Creek Wood hung around off infield hits and Sycamore mistakes. Maybe one of those was a true hard hit. So yeah, I see where your coming from blufffman. I think Sycamore was on a 12 or 13 game winning streak before getting beat by harpeth. Means nothing. Like KS said, high school kids are so unpredictable. Smartest thing he has ever posted. (Just kidding KS, calm down) But, everyone should come out tomorrow night and watch some great high school baseball. Driving down from C-ville, and can't wait. Always a showdown when CW-Suckamore play. Just kidding Sycamore, that one is just to easy.

My score is Sycamore winning 9-3, close game until the 5th. Although 9-3 is still fairly close.

Just remember my predictions in the early posts' when I said Sycamore wins the season out right, and CW wins the tourney. READ my posts', Sycamore is a ticking time-bomb late in the year. Ticktock, ticktock...

I am rooting for you Sycamore, prove me wrong. My Mont Central Indians are playing well. My shout out to them. You guys have played hard, keep it up.

Obviously your not watching you are playing in red and grey tomorrow I am sure. However, yeah your right they got something like 4 hits in 8innings pitched last time off Quillen. So they should be coming in with great confidence. I saw last game and Creek Wood hung around off infield hits and Sycamore mistakes. Maybe one of those was a true hard hit. So yeah, I see where your coming from blufffman. I think Sycamore was on a 12 or 13 game winning streak before getting beat by harpeth. Means nothing. Like KS said, high school kids are so unpredictable. Smartest thing he has ever posted. (Just kidding KS, calm down) But, everyone should come out tomorrow night and watch some great high school baseball. Driving down from C-ville, and can't wait. Always a showdown when CW-Suckamore play. Just kidding Sycamore, that one is just to easy.

My score is Sycamore winning 9-3, close game until the 5th. Although 9-3 is still fairly close.

Just remember my predictions in the early posts' when I said Sycamore wins the season out right, and CW wins the tourney. READ my posts', Sycamore is a ticking time-bomb late in the year. Ticktock, ticktock...

I am rooting for you Sycamore, prove me wrong. My Mont Central Indians are playing well. My shout out to them. You guys have played hard, keep it up.

dang its hard to keep up with the team you are pulling for lol. cw has lost to sycamore since 07, but i wanna know if you were at any of the games. i was, none of them were blow outs, and they were bottom of the last inning games, or extra inning games. someone said that cox will be on the mound, if he is he did a great job against a good cookville team and CW ended up winning that game 2-1 on a walkoff balk. CW is starting to get a little pep in their step and im hoping this carries over to their remaining games. i read the article in the paper and the senior that was in the paper said things that showed leadership. if you wouldve asked me at the beginning of the year i wouldve said maybe CW wouldve had one maybe two leaders. now it seems like the upper classmen are stepping up. this is the time when you start to realize as a senior that this will be your last year playing baseball, and once its gone, its gone. you cant change anything, so you better do what you have to do right here, right now. its time to step up.

More facts.

Creek Wood hasn't split with Harpeth. They've yet to play.

I've not been impressed with anybody's bats this year. Sycamore run ruled Harpeth on 3 rips and a couple of Texas Leaguers.

No one's arguing that Quillen's not Sycamore's #1. He should be anyway. It's a roll of the dice to try to win the one in front of you or the one 2 days later. Creek Wood and Harpeth were tied in the loss column. I would have saved my #1 for the veteran club. That's just smart baseball.

Harpeth returns all of it's pitching next year and is getting 3 or 4 more arms.

Montgomery Central is playing well enough within the district for carefulwhatyouwishfor to at least talk about one of their games besides the one with Sycamore. Talk about your red headed stepchild.

Good luck the rest of the way everybody. I heard the district post season format has changed yet again. What's the scoop?

district tourny format is way different this year. what i heard was this:

8 vs. 1

5 vs. 4

These will be at the 1 seed's home field and double elimination format.

7 vs. 2

6 vs. 3

These will be at the 2 seed's home field and also double elimination format.

The team that wins each bracket will play at the higher seed's home field for the championship.

this format favors teams with the best pitching and not a team with one dominate pitcher

Does any one know the current standings heading into the last week of play?

district tourny format is way different this year. what i heard was this:

8 vs. 1

5 vs. 4

These will be at the 1 seed's home field and double elimination format.

7 vs. 2

6 vs. 3

These will be at the 2 seed's home field and also double elimination format.

The team that wins each bracket will play at the higher seed's home field for the championship.

this format favors teams with the best pitching and not a team with one dominate pitcher

Does any one know the current standings heading into the last week of play?

hope all get this but varisty plays first game @ sycamore..so you better hurry GL all

Sycamore has the 1 seed more or less locked up barring an upset to Fairview regardless of what happens against Creekwood.

Harpeth and Creekwood and maybe Central are battling for second with 3 losses. All of Central's games aren't posted so I'm not really sure of their record.

Waverly is next, then Cheatham, then Stewart Co. and Fairview. I think.

As I said before, Cheatham, Stewart Co. and Central havent' been very good about posting scores on coacht. How those 3 did against each other probably isn't even documented on here or in the Tennessean.