page vs trousdale

jmu031

Posted by jmu031:

Weve been discussing it for a while now. Time to find out what everybody really thinks. I think page can win, but it will be a close ball game. What are your thoughts?

Page has the talent and the coaching staff to win a lot of ball games this year; however, I don't know if this will be their breakout game! I know many of the men who coach at both schools and I think it will be a great game no matter who wins. Both teams will be well prepared and I don't think either team will win by more than 12 points! Good luck to both teams! :)

[Edited by ELA on 8-27-02 12:11P]

Questions for both teams should be answered tonight.

Page: Offensive Line and Kicking game

Last year the kicking game failed for the first half of the season. 5 games were lost by a total of 11 points.

Trousdale: Secondary, can they handle the passing game that Page possess? They had a tough time at Vandy's 7 on 7 passing camp.

Both coaches have been looking forward to this matchup. Both are concern about their question marks, but are confident in their team as a whole.

This will be the best week one match up...Coach T you need to be there!!

Posted by OnlineLC:

As I have not yet perfected the art of being in two places at once, I would be really interested in hearing from any Trousdale or Page fans on their impressions of this game.

Trousdale drove 80 yards on there first possesion and then blocked a punt to make it 14-0. Page clawed back into it but made mental mistakes that cost them a chance to tie/win. Trousdale is a 1 man team, T.T. Harper. He got hurt and i dont know the details but without him trousdale couldnt score. :)

Guest patriot03

First of all i want to give trousdale a pat on the back. They came out strong and did what they had to do to win. Congratulations. Now on to my thoughts. I think Page is the best team this year. They have so much talent but not the coaching smarts to take them where they could be. QB Jared Elliot is by far a great QB and definently Div 1 college football material. He has a great arm and can place the ball on a dime, and hes only a Jr. They also have great recievers which can catch jareds passes. I was a little disgusted how page did not open the passing game as much as they should. I know coach bennet loves his running game but what he has this year is a great passing game with a good running game. Their running back Travis Pope has great potential but im sorry at 6 plus feet you cannot run the ball straight up. He has so much power and if he would learn to get low just enough to get through the main line he could gain more yards. i mean come on anyone can see a 6 ft running back running straight up which makes him so vulnerable. i blame this alone on the coaches. overall i would give the players a B and the coaches a C. This loss was the coaches fault. They have so much talent but if you dont use it and dont have the balls to tell a player to do it different then there is a problem.

I was there and have to say i give trousdale's coaches an A.

An 11 minute drive to run out the clock, a new defensive coordinator that shut down our 2 huge backs and great special teams including a 3rd down punt out of the endzone!They played smarter than we did. As far as our coaches being critisized - i think youre wrong. We completed a long hitch and go and a double handoff flee flicker for big yardage but that's it. We also had two INTs - remember that??