Did Riverdale cheat?

MIDTN

Did Riverdale tip it's hand by holding a player out of last night's game? The rule is clear. So if you know for sure that you're in the clear, why the need to hold the player out? Could it be that when pressed the parents could not prove they had vacated thier old house in accordance with the rule? I read a lot on this thread about people "knowing that she moved". But, by rule, her parents could have moved and still broken the rule. Believe it or not most coaches and ADs don't know that. You have to cut all ties at the old house. This separates the legit relocations from basketball moves. You can't back track and change utility records. No principal or coach wants to deny a player from playing in a game that they are ok to play in. But once there is a question, if they can't prove that they are in compliance and they are allowed to play, the principal is on the hook. Stay tuned.

she was held out due to a foot injury not becaus eof the false accusations

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm not upset but I do know you don't know enough about the situation, if anything, to make any comment such as this. Enough people should know something about the players transferring as it has been on here since June of last year. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to read but it take an extraordinary short sighted person to make accusations or even insinuate when nothing has been proved. maybe you need to contact RC and give him your evidence from Memphis or knoxville.. There is no dynamics only "may be fire" abd "not my place to be an investigator". And with a poster who has two posts and has suddenly made himself an expert on the matter.

So let me get this straight, you know that i don't know enough about this situation to make the comments i have made? Then why would i take the time to do so. Sounds like you are the one who thinks he knows it all. You think you know I'm from Memphis or Knoxville, and that i couldn't possibly know anything because i haven't posted much on coacht and I'm not a Plus member?

If i wanted to say more at this point I would, if I wanted to go to the TSSAA I would. I didn't start the topic, only contributed to it. I'm gonna go see if i can scrounge up the $24 for that plus membership so i will have some real credibility like you....lol.

I truly have nothing to do with Middle TN ball, Riverdale, the coach, or the players. I will be the first to say that I know absolutely nothing about this particular situation - or the coach - but it does bring up one very important matter. I??™m chiming in from up here in East TN to point out that coaches must maintain professional conduct (and yes distance) with their players. Tongues are going to wag when coaches:

Spend personal time with only the ???special players??? (this will also split a team quicker than anything)

Take ???special players??? out to eat, etc.

Take ???special players??? to other sporting events ??“ often covered as scouting other teams

Haul ???special players??? in their personal cars on a regular basis

Have only one or two ???special players??? at their homes ??“ especially for extended periods

Give hugs or having lots of physical contact with ???certain players???

Spending extra gym time with only one or two ???special players???

Act like a buddy to ???special players??? instead of their coach

If a coach wants the team to scout out an upcoming competitor, then invite the entire team. (Parents will help haul kids if needed) Every coach has taken players home, but that does not need to happen on a regular basis. If a coach wants to feed the team at their house, feed the entire team. If one or two of your guards needs extra help, keep all the guards there for extra drills or at least invite them. I think that a player spending the night at a coach??™s house (unless there is a long-term family connection known in the community) is professional suicide.

All head coaches should be professional licensed school employees. If they do not guard against the appearance of impropriety ??“ including sexual impropriety, then their regional or district wins won??™t matter. When they finally get accused of something improper, then it??™s too late. Tongues will stop wagging after the coach turns in his/her teaching license to the State Dept. of Education and when the ex-coach starts working at the local convenient market. Coaches also need to be role models, including using professional (not profane) language with their players. Lastly, coaches we trust our children with you to make them better players and persons.

God bless all of those great professional coaches out there who have managed to inspire generations of great kids!

I truly have nothing to do with Middle TN ball, Riverdale, the coach, or the players. I will be the first to say that I know absolutely nothing about this particular situation - or the coach - but it does bring up one very important matter. I??™m chiming in from up here in East TN to point out that coaches must maintain professional conduct (and yes distance) with their players. Tongues are going to wag when coaches:

Spend personal time with only the ???special players??? (this will also split a team quicker than anything)

Take ???special players??? out to eat, etc.

Take ???special players??? to other sporting events ??“ often covered as scouting other teams

Haul ???special players??? in their personal cars on a regular basis

Have only one or two ???special players??? at their homes ??“ especially for extended periods

Give hugs or having lots of physical contact with ???certain players???

Spending extra gym time with only one or two ???special players???

Act like a buddy to ???special players??? instead of their coach

If a coach wants the team to scout out an upcoming competitor, then invite the entire team. (Parents will help haul kids if needed) Every coach has taken players home, but that does not need to happen on a regular basis. If a coach wants to feed the team at their house, feed the entire team. If one or two of your guards needs extra help, keep all the guards there for extra drills or at least invite them. I think that a player spending the night at a coach??™s house (unless there is a long-term family connection known in the community) is professional suicide.

All head coaches should be professional licensed school employees. If they do not guard against the appearance of impropriety ??“ including sexual impropriety, then their regional or district wins won??™t matter. When they finally get accused of something improper, then it??™s too late. Tongues will stop wagging after the coach turns in his/her teaching license to the State Dept. of Education and when the ex-coach starts working at the local convenient market. Coaches also need to be role models, including using professional (not profane) language with their players. Lastly, coaches we trust our children with you to make them better players and persons.

God bless all of those great professional coaches out there who have managed to inspire generations of great kids!

Really got some good advice and your last point particularly. Sometimes Coaches have taken their profession to a very high level. It might be because they are so in to it or trying to excel in something they love. It then may make them do things and handle things differently. Lets look at an example. A young Coach starts their career as a result of a great career as a player. Due to the fact this coach received a great deal of help when playing and played under a great coach, personal relationships with players helped recruiting. As an asst coach, helping student/athletes get thru school and stay out of trouble was this coach's strong point and the parents on the team this coach coached appreciated the help this asst coach gave to the players by helping them with skills, taking extra time to help some stay out of unsavory situations in high school, making sure academics were taken care of and many things which helped the student/ athlete including recommending players to College/Universities. When this coach became a head coach, the same things were used making sure there was a good relationship and making sure the Student/athlete might reach their and their parents expectations. But then, in a zeal to be the best coach, the items before the last paragraph of your post starts to happen, in all good faith. It very likely is the wrong thing to do, but it happens.

All of the other parts of a senario might happen with what else has been posted including the post I am replying too.

RC will and can see what has happened and I suspect, knowing RDMAN as I know him, that he very likely knows what has happened. There are numerous Coaches that handle things this way but as the previous poster said, it could lead down the wrong road in extreme.

Others have insinuated different things but I am of the school to not go accusing or supposing things that affect a persons integrity or motives until someone provides facts. Anyone can post anything and say anything about anyone. But it necessarily might not be true. It may only be an opinion. Then it might be but in dealing with one's career why bring these things up now if you are unsure. What is the motive? A greater love for mankind or something else.