3 Tennessee kids reach elite status

orangeblur

nothing against Devrin, but I just don't get all the hype. He is good don't get me wrong, but has way too much hype. Also he gets worn out alot and doesn't touch the ball as much as he should. It doesn't help him that he plays both sides of the ball, but like I said in another thread the majority of his stats were vs. sub par competition. He didn't seem to do much game changing vs. DB, Farragut, or Soddy... basically the only good teams he played against.

I'm not a devrin young fan, but the kid is good. You say because he didn't produce against farragut/soddy that he is being hyped too much. In the farragut game, the coaches wouldn't kick to him and their whole defensive scheme was to stop him. How many yards/touchdowns did Sterling put up against sub par comp? Talent is talent and there is no way that you can say that this kid isn't special. A week region 1-5A is still stronger than other lower classifications, so the weak comp doesn't jive.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing against Devrin, but I just don't get all the hype. He is good don't get me wrong, but has way too much hype. Also he gets worn out alot and doesn't touch the ball as much as he should. It doesn't help him that he plays both sides of the ball, but like I said in another thread the majority of his stats were vs. sub par competition. He didn't seem to do much game changing vs. DB, Farragut, or Soddy... basically the only good teams he played against.

he was one of the stars at the recent UT camp.....named one of 5 top underclassmen....tied for the fastest man at the camp for the 2011 class members....

He had 120 yards rushing against Farragut...and 170 yards rushing against Soddy D and 3 TDS....

he took the opening kickoff back against DB 95 yards...and finished with like over 300 All Purpose yards and 2 tds....

had over 600 APY against those teams and 5 TDs.....yet you say he wasnt a game changer....

and you say he gets worn out alot...well he rushed the ball over 200 times last season...and played 80+ snaps a game....

Congrats to all 3 and especially to Jabriel Washington (TCA). The kid is insanely good and is definately worthy of this recognition. I've seen him play the past 2 years and the kid is going to be a top prospect in all of TN by his Senior season. From what I understand, he's a huge Georgia fan and have heard that's where he wants to go. Kiffin better start coming to Jackson (Trinity Christian Academy) if he wants to keep Jabriel instate. Jabriel has a highlight video on youtube. Just go to youtube and type in Jabriel Washington.

Very good player...he too was named one of the top underclassmen at UT's recent camp.....shifty....very good player....Georgia is the team to beat.....he is already on several 2011 watchlist as a top 50 player....I know Jabriel well....

he was one of the stars at the recent UT camp.....named one of 5 top underclassmen....tied for the fastest man at the camp for the 2011 class members....

He had 120 yards rushing against Farragut...and 170 yards rushing against Soddy D and 3 TDS....

he took the opening kickoff back against DB 95 yards...and finished with like over 300 All Purpose yards and 2 tds....

had over 600 APY against those teams and 5 TDs.....yet you say he wasnt a game changer....

and you say he gets worn out alot...well he rushed the ball over 200 times last season...and played 80+ snaps a game....

A game changer? How is having ok stats in a loss make him a game changer? I mean yeah he had 120 yards vs. Farragut, but he is also the reason Farragut scored twice.... missed tackles... So yeah I guess you are right, he is a game changer... just it helps the other team... And of so what if some teams kicked away from him.. Thats what you do when you don't want someone to get the ball. I don't see why thatd be any different at the college level. Teams will just kick away from him, thus making him useless. 300 apy vs. DB wow!?!?! They got dominated. End of story. Stats mean nothing when your team loses the only time you play anyone good. I never said anything about Andre Sterling, nothing was even said about him. How many yards did Devrin have last year? Some people act like he is a god, when honestly I don't get it. If people said that Andre wasn't good enough for college, I don't see how Devrin can be so much better? Devrin is smaller right? People said Andre was too small. How is being smaller than someone who was already too small, make him a better candidate? that makes no sense. When Devrin has an amazing year, then you can talk, until then he hasn't done anything.

A game changer? How is having ok stats in a loss make him a game changer? I mean yeah he had 120 yards vs. Farragut, but he is also the reason Farragut scored twice.... missed tackles... So yeah I guess you are right, he is a game changer... just it helps the other team... And of so what if some teams kicked away from him.. Thats what you do when you don't want someone to get the ball. I don't see why thatd be any different at the college level. Teams will just kick away from him, thus making him useless. 300 apy vs. DB wow!?!?! They got dominated. End of story. Stats mean nothing when your team loses the only time you play anyone good. I never said anything about Andre Sterling, nothing was even said about him. How many yards did Devrin have last year? Some people act like he is a god, when honestly I don't get it. If people said that Andre wasn't good enough for college, I don't see how Devrin can be so much better? Devrin is smaller right? People said Andre was too small. How is being smaller than someone who was already too small, make him a better candidate? that makes no sense. When Devrin has an amazing year, then you can talk, until then he hasn't done anything.

...first of all breath, then look at the kids stats. he was a soph last yr and was the go to man on his team in 5A. the whole bit about him being small compared to andre means nothing and you know it because they have 2 different types of game. it would be a whole lot easier to read this post w/o /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> if you just admitted that you are hating on a highschool kid. oh and btw, ANYBODY who puts up 300 apy on DB has a bit of talent. average players don't put up monster numbers for an entire season in 5A. if you can name 1 team in the state that this kid couldn't have started on last year I will pay you $100 via paypal.

obviously you arent well versed in the game of football.....Devrin had over 2,000 APY and 21 tds as a SOPH...He had over 1,300 on the ground 17 tds...now just for comparsion sake......Andre had 900+ yards as a SOPH...and didint play on defense like Devrin.....Andre wasnt named all state as a soph...if I recall he was 2nd team all KIL.....good player in high school and I luv Dre....he just isnt the same kind of talent Devrin is....IMO...but you can keep believing what you believe.....also try and get out to some other games besides Farragut.....

I guess in your book over 2000 yards from scrimmage as a soph isnt an amazing year....

I thought the premise of your orginal post was that Devrin didnt do anything against the good teams the three you mentioned...factual info has been presented to refute that...so NOW you just pull something else out.. "When Devrin puts up amazing stats you can talk"...well can I talk now...or will you come back with something else to try and support your position..?

obviously you arent well versed in the game of football.....Devrin had over 2,000 APY and 21 tds as a SOPH...He had over 1,300 on the ground 17 tds...now just for comparsion sake......Andre had 900+ yards as a SOPH...and didint play on defense like Devrin.....Andre wasnt named all state as a soph...if I recall he was 2nd team all KIL.....good player in high school and I luv Dre....he just isnt the same kind of talent Devrin is....IMO...but you can keep believing what you believe.....also try and get out to some other games besides Farragut.....

I guess in your book over 2000 yards from scrimmage as a soph isnt an amazing year....

I thought the premise of your orginal post was that Devrin didnt do anything against the good teams the three you mentioned...factual info has been presented to refute that...so NOW you just pull something else out.. "When Devrin puts up amazing stats you can talk"...well can I talk now...or will you come back with something else to try and support your position..?

Seeing as how Andre almost never returned kicks or punts, it is hard to say he wouldn't have been any good at it. He never played defense so we don't know what would have happened. Devrin all around is probably better than Andre, but as a running back, which is mostly what I have been talking about, I just don't see the hype.. When Andre was a soph he had to split carries with another hb. Devrin was Bearden's only running threat last year. I don't think Andre carried the ball 200 times his soph year. When you return almost every kick and every punt for your team in 11 games, I don't think it'd be too hard to rack up some all purpose yards.. I mean say he returns 1 kick every game.. and averages 20 yards. thats 220 yards easily. And you know he returned more kicks than 11. and that's not counting punts.

Also, are you guys even reading that I said he is a good player? I'm not hating on him. I'm hating on all you fools who are hyping him up to be a god.

Playing both sides of the ball is difficult, and probably takes away from his overall production. When i saw him last year, I felt like it was more his size and age that affected him late in the games, not the fact he went both ways. I think if Bearden can find a back to give him a blow every now and then, he will definately turn heads this year as i suspect he is bigger and stronger than last year.. as far as hype, I dont get too caught up in that, but when college coaches like him as a sophmore, i begin to take notice.

Seeing as how Andre almost never returned kicks or punts, it is hard to say he wouldn't have been any good at it. He never played defense so we don't know what would have happened. Devrin all around is probably better than Andre, but as a running back, which is mostly what I have been talking about, I just don't see the hype.. When Andre was a soph he had to split carries with another hb. Devrin was Bearden's only running threat last year. I don't think Andre carried the ball 200 times his soph year. When you return almost every kick and every punt for your team in 11 games, I don't think it'd be too hard to rack up some all purpose yards.. I mean say he returns 1 kick every game.. and averages 20 yards. thats 220 yards easily. And you know he returned more kicks than 11. and that's not counting punts.

Also, are you guys even reading that I said he is a good player? I'm not hating on him. I'm hating on all you fools who are hyping him up to be a god.

actually he only returned 5 kick returns for a 50 yard average all season....the only team that kicked to him after Farragut was DB..or he maybe would have had over 3,000 yards all purpose...you need to do some research on his stats....your argument from a stats standpoint is flawed......

Playing both sides of the ball is difficult, and probably takes away from his overall production. When i saw him last year, I felt like it was more his size and age that affected him late in the games, not the fact he went both ways. I think if Bearden can find a back to give him a blow every now and then, he will definately turn heads this year as i suspect he is bigger and stronger than last year.. as far as hype, I dont get too caught up in that, but when college coaches like him as a sophmore, i begin to take notice.

I agree. I said earlier that him playing both sides probably hurts him offensively. He could be an amazing running back if he got his hands on the ball more.

ok so orangeblur.. you are right. I don't have all his stats memorized so I can just toss them out to everyone at a moments notice.. but he still had 250 yards on kick offs alone. without those yards he is at what 1800apy? that starts to not look so amazing... What do I have to do to make you not be a freakin homer on this kid? He is good, but not a god... He can be great, but he isn't yet. Let the kid do something before you hype him up to be something he might not achieve. I want the kid to do well.. I'm not bashing him and I'm not saying I want him to fail. The kid is just now a junior, he can still be what you want him to be. Just give him time, you don't have to be all over him after only 1 year.