Thoughts on Easton bats

Eddie

My son is moving up from the youth leagues to junior high baseball and he wants a new bat. I think this will be a big step for him as he had been using a drop-10 in the Dixie "O-Zone" League.

I found what appears to be a pretty good deal at Just Bats on an Easton Synergy: BSN1. It's a 31"-28 oz. two & 5/8's barrell for $129 delivered. I understand it's a 2008 model, but I'm not willing to pay $300 - $400 for a bat until I know he can make regular contact at this level. My first car cost $375. What do you guys think about this model?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Easton bats are the best IMO. I am not similar with that model if its a 1988. I would look at Play It Again Sports (if you have on close by) to see if another later model is available that is cheaper but used. The thinnest of the aluminum and the flexibility of the later model bats will perform better even if they have been used a yr already.

The biggest thing is to not get a bat too big. Too many kids get a bat based on size and not how they swing it.

quote name=Eddie' date='Jan 15 2009 - 12:53 PM' post='827008994]

My son is moving up from the youth leagues to junior high baseball and he wants a new bat. I think this will be a big step for him as he had been using a drop-10 in the Dixie "O-Zone" League.

I found what appears to be a pretty good deal at Just Bats on an Easton Synergy: BSN1. It's a 31"-28 oz. two & 5/8's barrell for $129 delivered. I understand it's a 1988 model, but I'm not willing to pay $300 - $400 for a bat until I know he can make regular contact at this level. My first car cost $375. What do you guys think about this model?

I found what appears to be a pretty good deal at Just Bats on an Easton Synergy: BSN1. It's a 31"-28 oz. two & 5/8's barrell for $129 delivered. I understand it's a 1988 model, but I'm not willing to pay $300 - $400 for a bat until I know he can make regular contact at this level. My first car cost $375. What do you guys think about this model?

Eddie,

My best advice is go big or go home. You really don't want little Johnny stepping on the field with an inferior bat do you. Poor kid is going to be the subject of some harsh jokes if you send him to the field with a 1988 model bat.

Ha!

The 2008 Synergy should be a decent bat. That is a real good price. IMO With Easton some of the lower end bats tend to get dented a bit easier. Especially in cooler weather. Make sure you get a warranty with the bat. The transition to a -3 drop is a big deal. Put a wood bat in the young mans hand and get him to the cages.

Sorry guys -- I miss-typed. The easton bat in question is a 2008 model. Keep the reviews coming.

Eddie,

I work in a sporting goods store. That is a pretty good deal for that bat. I looked at the site you are looking at as well and it does come with a 400 day manufacturer warranty. So IMO you could feel pretty safe with that purchase. I hardly ever encourage JH parents to buy the $300-400 bats for their kids. IMO it is too big a bat for that age group anyway. I normally recommend to get something middle of the road until freshman year and then get a big dollar bat that you can get a good 2-3 years out of, dependent on use. Hope this helps.

Easton bats are awesome and their warranty is very easy to use, just make sure that you KEEP YOUR RECEIPT and that you buy it from an Easton retailer. I've bought a couple of previous season bats at a deep discount in the past and when I have sent them in under warranty for replacement, they have sent me the current model. I think you are allowed two warranty replacement bats. I've sent a total of three bats back with no problem.

Sorry guys -- I miss-typed. The easton bat in question is a 2008 model. Keep the reviews coming.

Eddie: http://www.hq4sports.com is a good website to check out periodically. You can get current and late model bats for a decent price. In some cases they have cosmetic blems (somebody messed up in the paint shop) for real bargains.

Enjoy the move to the big field. I have had two sons go through that transition lately. It's a blast.

We have gone through several Easton bats over the last couple of years and they seem to lose their pop and go dead. They will only replace the bat one time. After that, if it goes dead you will have a nice souvenir to display. You should never cut corners on the price of a bat because if your son ever decides to leave the game, you can always sell a good quality used bat on ebay to get a good portion of your money back. The best bat out right now in our opinion is the 2008-2009 Exo Grid Bat by Louisville Slugger. Alot of POP! You truly get what you pay for. The best place to buy a bat in my opinion is Directsports.com cheapest price and free shipping. Thats where we get our bats from. Hope this helps.

Dude dont buy your son a Easton Synergy...seriously no one uses that dang bat!!! If you want to get him a easton...get the stealth comp or buy your son a real boys bat that atleast 80% of hs kids use the TPX EXO By the way if your son played in the Dixie Youth League then he must stink anyways cause thats rec ball....he wont make it in a succesfull high school program growing up facing 55 maybe if that!!!