Gatlinburg P. -- Sweetwater/ Predictions- 8-30-02

cats1990

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think sweetwaters offenseive, and defensive speed will make the difference in this one. GP's defense should be decent, but big plays, and a great running game will be to much. If sweetwater hurts them in the air, it will only make the running game better! On offense GP likes to run power football, and mix in passing plays to keep you honest. Sweetwater has the lineman and the speed at LB and at DB to slow down the power game! Even though it's a first game I say Sweetwater 44 - GP. 13.

Posted by cats1990:

I think sweetwaters offenseive, and defensive speed will make the difference in this one. GP's defense should be decent, but big plays, and a great running game will be to much. If sweetwater hurts them in the air, it will only make the running game better! On offense GP likes to run power football, and mix in passing plays to keep you honest. Sweetwater has the lineman and the speed at LB and at DB to slow down the power game! Even though it's a first game I say Sweetwater 44 - GP. 13.

cats1990...have you ever seen G-P play? I'm not a fan that follows them, but I cover and work for a school that plays them every year and I doubt that the score will be that bad. I haven't heard of G-P getting beaten that bad in the first game of the year (or any regular season game for that matter) since I've been going to football games.

G-P is on the decline because Pigeon Forge is getting most of their students now, but Benny Hammonds is still the coach.

The score will be more to the tune of 31-24 Sweetwater or 27-23 G-P. Nobody will score 44 in this game.

Actually I do know some about them, my sister lived and worked their (gatlinburg) for 10 years, and just moved from their. And I know GP is tough and I respect coach Hammonds, but if sweetwater plays like they are capable of it could atleast be that bad! But it's just my opinion, it could be a lot closer, thats high school football for you! Score was 27-6 last year at GP and the score makes it sound a lot closer than it was! Sweetwater has gotten older, wiser, and much better. They have the potential to be one of the best teams in the state, if they keep working hard and take their games one at a time! :rolleyes:

The wildcats will take the games one at a time! Thats what you have to do, when you set your goals so high! If you are a player what num. are you, I know you won't say, can't blame u. No tornado's next friday, but it will look hurricane struck Alcoa, next week when the CATS get done! But you better worry about this week, you have to be 0-2, before you can be 0-3 !!! :):D:D:D:D:D