South Pittsburg @Marion County

hoopitup10

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP...I would think that in order to better understand your dilema there at SP it would be important to not dwell on the fact that they "jumped" the fence but rather the reason(s) they straddled to begin with. Marion Co is not exactly the UConn of high school basketball so my question is why would they make a lateral move? Maybe the girls are prettier at MCHS...maybe there is another reason. Indian I would think MC could compete with everyone here other than maybe Howard or Temple on the lower levels...and possibly Tyner as well.

I read very often but post seldom.....Most of the time we are dealing with folks on here that are Freshman or have the mentality of a Freshman..anyway..here is my two cents for what it is worth.

Did you ever think for a minute that some of these kids jumped fence for reasons other than sports? The kids that Pirate was mentioning didn't transfere to Marion recently..all but one has been in Marion/Jasper since 6th or 7th grade. I know alot of parents did not want their kids at the other school for various reasons and that is the buisness of the parents and none of anyone elses. From what I read Pirate fans to make everything out to be about sports where most parents are more concerned with education and learning enviornment. Things have turned around since then so the jumping has slowed a little.

The game does not seem to be cancelled but postponed. And here is where we can tell we are dealing with those of a Freshman mentality...when school is out for any reason games can only be played if they are district games. It takes common sense to see that if you can't get up and go to school then why should you be allowed to go/have a ballgame. (They even cancelled the little kids games on Saturday too) If you were to ask, the decision WAS MADE by the AD of both schools...and one of the schools was starting a game in Chattanooga when the decision was made for school to be out and the game postponed. Yep, Whitwell played but they played a school that was in session that day, and Signal was the host team and so the game was allowed. Call it what you may...Marion got lucky that the game was postponed during a time one of the best was going to be out and I don't think SP players and coaches are complaining to much..just giveseach more time to prepare for a great rival game.

OP...I would think that in order to better understand your dilema there at SP it would be important to not dwell on the fact that they "jumped" the fence but rather the reason(s) they straddled to begin with. Marion Co is not exactly the UConn of high school basketball so my question is why would they make a lateral move? Maybe the girls are prettier at MCHS...maybe there is another reason. Indian I would think MC could compete with everyone here other than maybe Howard or Temple on the lower levels...and possibly Tyner as well.

Double RR, Old Pirate don't dwell on Nothing but trying to keep out of reach of the wife's skillet. OP says most reportedly went because of baseball differences in summer ball and some slick talking Jasper folks seized the opportunity to persuade them to stay after the youngons won the state in Dixie Youth ? or some sort championship. Fact is the bunch would have been really good if they had stayed together. Jasper folks are still ticked about a team many years ago that had a player named Peardon that everyone knew would put Jasper back in the hunt for a championship but...............................................fate had that team loosing players and never produced much.No Marion county is known for it's Good ole boys that will usually kick the crap out of you on the football field and not so much for BB. That could change someday but will never be as good as the Chatt teams that can get the attention of getting players thru AAU, summer leagues and etc. Dad burn it Double RR, that big Henager kid would have a great future in baseball, folks say he can singe the facial hair plum off with the fastball.

Tnhills, yep sports was the main reason and all who know the situation know it was just that. OP is not aware of any problems surrounding education issues at SP that are not common place in schools of today. Granted Warden Pratt has more than got the kids attention as well as Vice-Warden Boeck at Jasper. Jasper reportedly was loosing elementary age kids to SP prior to getting their new school. Hopefully your remarks were not in anyway throwing insults toward the SP schools. That would result in retaliation from SP folks who would be more than happy to stir that pot.

I read very often but post seldom.....Most of the time we are dealing with folks on here that are Freshman or have the mentality of a Freshman..anyway..here is my two cents for what it is worth.

Did you ever think for a minute that some of these kids jumped fence for reasons other than sports? The kids that Pirate was mentioning didn't transfere to Marion recently..all but one has been in Marion/Jasper since 6th or 7th grade. I know alot of parents did not want their kids at the other school for various reasons and that is the buisness of the parents and none of anyone elses. From what I read Pirate fans to make everything out to be about sports where most parents are more concerned with education and learning enviornment. Things have turned around since then so the jumping has slowed a little.

The game does not seem to be cancelled but postponed. And here is where we can tell we are dealing with those of a Freshman mentality...when school is out for any reason games can only be played if they are district games. It takes common sense to see that if you can't get up and go to school then why should you be allowed to go/have a ballgame. (They even cancelled the little kids games on Saturday too) If you were to ask, the decision WAS MADE by the AD of both schools...and one of the schools was starting a game in Chattanooga when the decision was made for school to be out and the game postponed. Yep, Whitwell played but they played a school that was in session that day, and Signal was the host team and so the game was allowed. Call it what you may...Marion got lucky that the game was postponed during a time one of the best was going to be out and I don't think SP players and coaches are complaining to much..just giveseach more time to prepare for a great rival game.

Good point CK.

I am not that familiar with the school system in MC so I would not venture to speculate on reasons other than athletics for their departure. My children all went to Soddy Daisey and I have one at Temple now. There is no connection there other than working with a couple of folks from Jasper. I was simply posing a question on why student/athletes would move from one school to another that are only 4 or 5 miles apart?

I must agree. I am sure those kids from both schools would have been that much better if they could have stayed together. Oh well. When it comes to athletics, it's ALL about the BLING. As long as the student-athletes at both schools get their BLING before graduation then all is well.

OP u know as well as i do Cody dont play baseball anymore and u know the reason he left and like i said before ill say nothing else about it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OP u know as well as i do Cody dont play baseball anymore and u know the reason he left and like i said before ill say nothing else about it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Old Pirate only knew he didn't play last year ? and the reason for leaving was primarily for sports as told to OP. Hum....you must be kin or very close to the family from your post? Regardless................ BC (Big Cody) as folks refer to him around the break room and that other kid teamed with Malcolm,Terrel,Fennell and then throw JTMM (Joe The Man Muir) into the mix would have been a tuff group and would have brought respect back to the valley & SP in a big way on the hardwood. OP hates it....but them there city folks have the edge in BB and ever now and then it'd be nice to clip their wings a tad.

Old Pirate only knew he didn't play last year ? and the reason for leaving was primarily for sports as told to OP. Hum....you must be kin or very close to the family from your post? Regardless................ BC (Big Cody) as folks refer to him around the break room and that other kid teamed with Malcolm,Terrel,Fennell and then throw JTMM (Joe The Man Muir) into the mix would have been a tuff group and would have brought respect back to the valley & SP in a big way on the hardwood. OP hates it....but them there city folks have the edge in BB and ever now and then it'd be nice to clip their wings a tad.

Op u know this is Codys dad . and well be in single A next year and can betcha well make some noise in the chatt area ! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Op u know this is Codys dad . and well be in single A next year and can betcha well make some noise in the chatt area ! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Old Pirate says you must be very proud of BC. No..................OP didn't know you were his dad. Anyhow..........

Good Luck to BC in what will be a decision making year in 09. Oh yeh...didn't know Jasper would be playing 1A ball next year either. Heck, the wife's skillet attacks must have made me miss that news item.Why did BC quit playing baseball, always heard great things about his arm & potential?

There must have been something to the posts about the reasons for cancilation of the game. Maybe not yeller but

skerd....... and rightfully so. BC is a force for sure and anyone who thinks playing Hixon w/o BC is closely equal to playing the hated Pirates are not thinking clearly regardless of how weak some think SP is or anything else.

OP says that make up game may never come to pass with the season fast coming to a close. Should be fun to watch either way.

Old Pirate says you must be very proud of BC. No..................OP didn't know you were his dad. Anyhow..........

Good Luck to BC in what will be a decision making year in 09. Oh yeh...didn't know Jasper would be playing 1A ball next year either. Heck, the wife's skillet attacks must have made me miss that news item.Why did BC quit playing baseball, always heard great things about his arm & potential?

There must have been something to the posts about the reasons for cancilation of the game. Maybe not yeller but

skerd....... and rightfully so. BC is a force for sure and anyone who thinks playing Hixon w/o BC is closely equal to playing the hated Pirates are not thinking clearly regardless of how weak some think SP is or anything else.

OP says that make up game may never come to pass with the season fast coming to a close. Should be fun to watch either way.

He quit to focus on basketball. but who knows he might play baseball again . And Cody has alot of freinds on the Pirate squad so heck propbally be glad when its played and forgot about. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If a kid is being recruited by a D1 school to play basketball, then I think I would do everything in my power to concentrate on that once in a lifetime chance. I can't blame this kid for only concentrating on one sport. Maybe I will get to see him play this season, but since that game got cancelled, I'm not sure if the schedule will allow me to see the postponed game.