G. P. West/Bruin Invitational

CoachBlair

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated Varsity brackets as well as the JV and Freshmen brackets are now posted at Fiscus Consulting.

Even though Williamson County Schools are closed today, the tournament is on as scheduled. Weigh-ins will begin at 4:00 and wrestling starts at 6:00.

Coach Blair

JV 130, bout 154 and 155, is he that good he gets to wrestle back to back? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

A look ahead to Saturday afternoon - This tournament has makings for some great final and semi-final match-ups.

103 - #1 seed -Mullin (ND) v #5 seed - Ward (McC) in semis; with finals match-up with #2 seed - Heath (Blk)

112 - #3 seed - Mr. Blake Thomas (BHS) v #2 seed - J Boone (ND) in semis (is this a rematch from Soddy) with finals match-up w/ # 1 seed - Gardner (SD) - Great action in these matches.

119 - #1 seed Kendall Ray (McC) in finals vs Semi-final rematch of Soddy Tour w/ #2 seed - Dustin Stewart (SD)v Overmyer (BHS)

125 - #1 seed Mr. Hooker (currently Ranked D2 #2) v #3 seed T Boone (ND)(Currently ranked D1#1)

130 - #2 seed Taylor Witt SD) (currently ranked D1#1) v #1 seed - Kevin Dentino (Brookfield East) (I'm unfamiliar with him)

140- #1 seed Mr. TJ Duncan (Currently Ranked D2#1) v #4 Taylor Peck (HHS) in semis; I don't know the #2 seed - Grady (Clarksville) or #3 Seed - Thomas (Union Co). Whomever gets Duncan will have their hands full.

189 - #1 seed - Croy v #2 Seed - Kennedy

215 - #1 seed - Patton v ???

YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE ABOVE OR OTHER POSSIBLE MATCH UP.

These matches alone will be worth the price of admission. BTW - Union Co coach must have brought some serious data for good seed placement of his wrestlers.. I haven't seen this team in 2 years, so I will be interested in how the brackets work out. My above comments don't include them simply because I'm unfamiliar with their boys. The added competition is welcome.

A look ahead to Saturday afternoon - This tournament has makings for some great final and semi-final match-ups.

103 - #1 seed -Mullin (ND) v #5 seed - Ward (McC) in semis; with finals match-up with #2 seed - Heath (Blk)

112 - #3 seed - Mr. Blake Thomas (BHS) v #2 seed - J Boone (ND) in semis (is this a rematch from Soddy) with finals match-up w/ # 1 seed - Gardner (SD) - Great action in these matches.

119 - #1 seed Kendall Ray (McC) in finals vs Semi-final rematch of Soddy Tour w/ #2 seed - Dustin Stewart (SD)v Overmyer (BHS)

125 - #1 seed Mr. Hooker (currently Ranked D2 #2) v #3 seed T Boone (ND)(Currently ranked D1#1)

130 - #2 seed Taylor Witt SD) (currently ranked D1#1) v #1 seed - Kevin Dentino (Brookfield East) (I'm unfamiliar with him)

140- #1 seed Mr. TJ Duncan (Currently Ranked D2#1) v #4 Taylor Peck (HHS) in semis; I don't know the #2 seed - Grady (Clarksville) or #3 Seed - Thomas (Union Co). Whomever gets Duncan will have their hands full.

189 - #1 seed - Croy v #2 Seed - Kennedy

215 - #1 seed - Patton v ???

YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE ABOVE OR OTHER POSSIBLE MATCH UP.

These matches alone will be worth the price of admission. BTW - Union Co coach must have brought some serious data for good seed placement of his wrestlers.. I haven't seen this team in 2 years, so I will be interested in how the brackets work out. My above comments don't include them simply because I'm unfamiliar with their boys. The added competition is welcome.

Northeast has a decent 119 named Chancey Wilson. Watch for him to be a sleeper!

119 will be interesting, I suspect #1 seed may not get past first round.... he drew a pretty tough kid out of the gate. And, not sure #2 will make it past #3 seed. WE SHALL SEE.

Fantastic attitude. If you knock off the #1 seed, you become the #1 seed /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It sounds like the 119 bracket may have lots of good early matches.

As for # 3 seed Morris (Blackman), he will play with Mr. Obermyer first, then entertain # 2 Stewart.

(pls note, Jethro don't have no dog in this hunt) At the end of day, I wouldn't be surprised if Ray carries this off.

His finals loss (12-11) to Sluder (Greenback D1#2 ranked) at Purple Irish Invite was a doosie. Ray got off to a strong start, but Sluder finished strong for the W. In reviewing the video, Ray was close to getting a pin twice in the first period...but ya gotta wrestle 3 periods!

yep, gotta wrestle 6 minutes, for sure. I was looking for updates from the tourney? We left midway thru the 2nd round. 119 was great, Ferguson had Ray pinned with a cradle, but ref did not call it, very disappointing. BUT, that's wrestling. Morris tech falled Obermyer. I enjoy watching the semi final rounds more than the finals.....

On another note, the gym is way to croweded. The kids don't have anywhere to set let alone the fans. They need to lose the jv and freshman tournament and have it on Sunday.... I won't go back next year if it does not change, and neither will some of the other sardines that were packed around me /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

a couple of updates about some of the Notre Dame boys...

103- Grayson Mullin is in the finals

112- Jack Boone dec. over Blake Thomas- Brentwood 12-6 in the semis in a re-match of the Soddy Daisy Tournament. Boone will wrestle Gardner from Soddy in finals.

125- Tee Boone loses a dec. to Aaron Carr-union county, ky (ky state champ) in semis.

189- Brenden Dusevic dec. over Michael Kennedy-Blackman in Semis. Dusevic vs Croy-Brentwood in finals.

Will update after finals.

FNL

a couple of updates about some of the Notre Dame boys...

103- Grayson Mullin is in the finals

112- Jack Boone dec. over Blake Thomas- Brentwood 12-6 in the semis in a re-match of the Soddy Daisy Tournament. Boone will wrestle Gardner from Soddy in finals.

125- Tee Boone loses a dec. to Aaron Carr-union county, ky (ky state champ) in semis.

189- Brenden Dusevic dec. over Michael Kennedy-Blackman in Semis. Dusevic vs Croy-Brentwood in finals.

Will update after finals.

FNL

what was the score of the Kenndey vs Dusevic match??