Fairview HC Resigns!

fviewallday

WrestleRed,

Let's not distort the issue. I will not get down in the gutter with a gutter rat. My concern is for the players of Fairview not your feelings or your inability to recognize the bigger problems associated with this issue.

There is no distortion from my point of view. Let's stick with your analogies. You brought a knife to a gun fight.

There are no problems to be recognized. The last phase of the problem resolution process was implemented today. The sun shines a little brighter. The birds sing a little louder (I am loving this analogy thing you got me on). Now, it is time to put on your big boy face and let's move forward. I know it is hard. I had to do the same thing when Obama won the election. Actually, I am not doing a very good job of that. I hope you are better than me at dealing with these sorts of situations.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no distortion from my point of view. Let's stick with your analogies. You brought a knife to a gun fight.

There are no problems to be recognized. The last phase of the problem resolution process was implemented today. The sun shines a little brighter. The birds sing a little louder (I am loving this analogy thing you got me on). Now, it is time to put on your big boy face and let's move forward. I know it is hard. I had to do the same thing when Obama won the election. Actually, I am not doing a very good job of that. I hope you are better than me at dealing with these sorts of situations.

Knife to a gun fight???? You continue to under-whelm me. I am disappointed in your lack of debate technique, although it does follow a liberal pattern. You know do not discuss the issues, make the post petty. Good job GR.

I do see a future for you as a spokesman for coach Hughes. Good Luck.

I will agree with you on Obama, nothing else.

Since beginning this post at the request of a friend I have been sitting back watching the festivities, I have not been disappointed! Unfortunately I am a "glass-half-full" type of guy so throughout the process (or lack there of) of Fairview's quest for a man to guide the Jackets to continued success I consistently assumed that the administration would do the right thing for the student-athletes at Fairview High. Boy do I have egg on my face now. Maybe I'll become a bit more cynical and negative now....probably not though...I have come to fully understand that Fairview's Administration is UNLIKE any administration that I have ever seen.

The AD posts the Head Coaching Job. A week later sends a mass email so every other coach can see who is applying (genius) to the candidates to say they would be contacting candidates for interviews. Upon deciding who they want to interview, the AD neglects to contact those not being considered leaving 40 professional HIGH SCHOOL coaches to wonder "whats up?" Here's an idea Mr. AD, choose one of your jobs to do well. Williamson County Commissioner, Athletic Director, Softball Coach, or Golf Coach, because right now it looks like all your irons are melting in that fire. The Athletic director should have the hardest job in the school. I've worked at schools where I got an email every week from the AD asking if there was anyway he could help me and my program be more successful. (I wonder how helpful Whitefield, Matykiewicz, Rewis, Etc. would say you were to the football program-or other smaller programs). Looks to me like a stipend is being wasted.

To the rest of the Administration-you need to do a little more homework next time before allowing the wool to so obviously be pulled over your eyes. If you did do your homework and still made this decision, shame on you.

I considered not using this forum to bash the new head coach before he every gets going, but the opportunity is too ripe. My Dad always told me that two wrongs don't make a right....well...Two Head Middle School coaches don't make a Varsity High School Coach either. Hughes walks into a good situation with a good senior class, but having seen first hand his inability to develop basic techniques in young players tells me after this senior class hands him at best 6 wins the program will be heading down a road that will require an experienced HIGH SCHOOL coach to rebuild what is about to be torn apart.

And for those YellowJackets reading this.... Play to The Whistle! Your fans know that you will succeed no matter what hand you are dealt. Always Remember...Chop 'Em!!!

Since beginning this post at the request of a friend I have been sitting back watching the festivities, I have not been disappointed! Unfortunately I am a "glass-half-full" type of guy so throughout the process (or lack there of) of Fairview's quest for a man to guide the Jackets to continued success I consistently assumed that the administration would do the right thing for the student-athletes at Fairview High. Boy do I have egg on my face now. Maybe I'll become a bit more cynical and negative now....probably not though...I have come to fully understand that Fairview's Administration is UNLIKE any administration that I have ever seen.

The AD posts the Head Coaching Job. A week later sends a mass email so every other coach can see who is applying (genius) to the candidates to say they would be contacting candidates for interviews. Upon deciding who they want to interview, the AD neglects to contact those not being considered leaving 40 professional HIGH SCHOOL coaches to wonder "whats up?" Here's an idea Mr. AD, choose one of your jobs to do well. Williamson County Commissioner, Athletic Director, Softball Coach, or Golf Coach, because right now it looks like all your irons are melting in that fire. The Athletic director should have the hardest job in the school. I've worked at schools where I got an email every week from the AD asking if there was anyway he could help me and my program be more successful. (I wonder how helpful Whitefield, Matykiewicz, Rewis, Etc. would say you were to the football program-or other smaller programs). Looks to me like a stipend is being wasted.

To the rest of the Administration-you need to do a little more homework next time before allowing the wool to so obviously be pulled over your eyes. If you did do your homework and still made this decision, shame on you.

I considered not using this forum to bash the new head coach before he every gets going, but the opportunity is too ripe. My Dad always told me that two wrongs don't make a right....well...Two Head Middle School coaches don't make a Varsity High School Coach either. Hughes walks into a good situation with a good senior class, but having seen first hand his inability to develop basic techniques in young players tells me after this senior class hands him at best 6 wins the program will be heading down a road that will require an experienced HIGH SCHOOL coach to rebuild what is about to be torn apart.

And for those YellowJackets reading this.... Play to The Whistle! Your fans know that you will succeed no matter what hand you are dealt. Always Remember...Chop 'Em!!!

As a parent of a current player, I would like to voice my opinion on the coaching issue. My son has played under Coach Hughes, Coach Mat, and Coach Whitefield. He has had nothing but good things to say about all three coaches, as well as the assistants. I know everyone has a right to voice their opinion and my be upset; but I feel like that if you sincerely care about the boys, you would be behind whoever is coaching the team. The negative attacks on everyone is a good way of tearing a program down. Predicting 6 wins and then things going south from there does not sound like someone who truely wants the best for the team.

Wow, I guess I will take your word for it about being a "glass half full" guy. You did a great job of impersonating a "glass is empty" guy, however.

We get it. You disagree - thanks for the rant filled novel. I don't think anything will be torn apart unless the Fairview community is filled with "glass half whatever" type guys like you. I am pretty sure that is not the case. THAT GLASS IS FULL TO THE RIM BABY!!! BOOOYA!!!

As a parent of a current player, I would like to voice my opinion on the coaching issue. My son has played under Coach Hughes, Coach Mat, and Coach Whitefield. He has had nothing but good things to say about all three coaches, as well as the assistants. I know everyone has a right to voice their opinion and my be upset; but I feel like that if you sincerely care about the boys, you would be behind whoever is coaching the team. The negative attacks on everyone is a good way of tearing a program down. Predicting 6 wins and then things going south from there does not sound like someone who truely wants the best for the team.

A great way of tearing a program down is to completely disregard the best choice for the kids, the school, the parents, and the community. Coach King! He wanted to be there in spite of everything that made the job undesirable to other experienced coaches. I think my attacks are warranted considering the means by which Coach Hughes has been elevated to his new found position.

My predictions for the future are, you can reread my previous post, based on knowledge of the new coaches' inadequacy having never worked on a high school staff much less worked 'with' a high school staff. I do want what is best for the team, unfortunately the 'best' things keep walking out the door(or are being pushed out).

Knife to a gun fight???? You continue to under-whelm me. I am disappointed in your lack of debate technique, although it does follow a liberal pattern. You know do not discuss the issues, make the post petty. Good job GR.

I do see a future for you as a spokesman for coach Hughes. Good Luck.

I will agree with you on Obama, nothing else.

Mr. Knife, when you try to come off as an intellectual wordsmith, at least proof read your drivel. "Underwhelm" is a single word and there is no hyphen required. Let's forget about the run-on sentence that immediately follows. What on earth are you trying to say in the next sentence: "You know do not discuss the issues, make the post petty". To get into the concept of splint infinitives, that dominate your posts, would be a total waste of effort. Just like your whining about our new Head Coach. See, I discussed the issue.

Wow, I guess I will take your word for it about being a "glass half full" guy. You did a great job of impersonating a "glass is empty" guy, however.

We get it. You disagree - thanks for the rant filled novel. I don't think anything will be torn apart unless the Fairview community is filled with "glass half whatever" type guys like you. I am pretty sure that is not the case. THAT GLASS IS FULL TO THE RIM BABY!!! BOOOYA!!!

I, unlikely some in the community, am not blinded by the shining light on top of the hill at FMS. I was simplistically very optimistic that they wouldn't even give a second thought to a MS head coach in lieu of an exceedingly qualified, honest, man of integrity already in the building. that's where my optimism lay.

And you are correct Fairview isn't filled with those 'type' people, but the few that are in the community like 'that' seem to be the loud minority which brought about distracting issue after issue over the past few seasons. I guess we'll see how full the glass really is when fall rolls around.

And you had a great post going...really letting me have it...until the end. Was that a Stewart Scott impersonation? I don't get it? You may have confused your Dick Vitale and Stewart Scott cliches. its ok though, we forgive you /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

A great way of tearing a program down is to completely disregard the best choice for the kids, the school, the parents, and the community. Coach King! He wanted to be there in spite of everything that made the job undesirable to other experienced coaches. I think my attacks are warranted considering the means by which Coach Hughes has been elevated to his new found position.

My predictions for the future are, you can reread my previous post, based on knowledge of the new coaches' inadequacy having never worked on a high school staff much less worked 'with' a high school staff. I do want what is best for the team, unfortunately the 'best' things keep walking out the door(or are being pushed out).

I don't think Coach King wanting to be there was a problem. Not being able to coach his way out of a wet paper sack would be the problem.

I, unlikely some in the community, am not blinded by the shining light on top of the hill at FMS. I was simplistically very optimistic that they wouldn't even give a second thought to a MS head coach in lieu of an exceedingly qualified, honest, man of integrity already in the building. that's where my optimism lay.

Well, you were wrong chief. Coach Hughes is as COOL AS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PILLOW!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't think Coach King wanting to be there was a problem. Not being able to coach his way out of a wet paper sack would be the problem.

Well due to the outcome of the job search I'm pretty sure coaching ability was NOT part of the job requirement. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> The admin wanted a 'yes-man' and got one. They probably felt that King didn't fit the bill. King like Whitefield will land on his feet, both are men of integrity and character. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />