9AAA

FutbolMan615

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my observations in the past, Mt. Juliet is always the team to beat and I think they would be again this year. Hendersonville will be a team that is ready to contend this year with a young, eager bunch that has some depth at pitching. Gallatin always has athletes and have been known to get on a roll in the past. Overall, this is a good, competitive district and has the capability of sending someone to the state tournament.

• 2 weeks later...

And no mention of Smyrna in contention? I'm fairly sure I know why.

Outside of 2007, the Smyrna baseball program has been awful for years. Personally I'm not sure what Vetter is still doing there coaching if he can't win outside of one year. Take a look at these stats: around 215 wins in 15 or so years as head coach of Smyrna. 1/7th of those wins came in 2007. His career winning percentage is well below .500 and he averages 14 wins a season which is hardly good enough to be a number 3 seed in district, let alone move past the district tournament. All of his teams outside of 2007 have had absolutely no fire or passion and it showed with underachieving seasons. I think some changes need to be made. He has alot of fire and he works hard at it but if you can't do anything outside of one year in 15 years coaching, you're obviously not doing something right. He either needs to get his act together or they need to let him go.

• 2 weeks later...

Hendersonville has a dominating Senior lineup. Kendall Snyder, Chad Mcdaniels, and Brandon Hall are dominating players on the team. Mikey Caldwell(Soph.) is also an emerging player looking to progress to a starter.

Mikey quit the team yesterday (due to having to work for car insurance, foretelling his future as only playing varsity his senior year behind some very talented upper classmen, etc.)

Understand his decision but still don't like it.