9AAA

FutbolMan615

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does beech have? who is the meadows guy?

a little talent, has trouble staying focused for 2.5 hours (length of game)

beech can't hit or don't want to hit.... i was told they barely swung the bat in a scrimmage vs Coffee Co. and were destroyed by 10+ runs... cant score if you don't hit, can't hit if you don't swing

Mt. Juliet looked impressive in a 7-2 win over Ravenwood yesterday. Strong outing by Haydel, solid defense and timely hitting. Haydel also hit a bomb. This team will be there at the end due to balance and the ability to have everyone contribute on a given night.

And no mention of Smyrna in contention? I'm fairly sure I know why.

Outside of 2007, the Smyrna baseball program has been awful for years. Personally I'm not sure what Vetter is still doing there coaching if he can't win outside of one year. Take a look at these stats: around 215 wins in 15 or so years as head coach of Smyrna. 1/7th of those wins came in 2007. His career winning percentage is well below .500 and he averages 14 wins a season which is hardly good enough to be a number 3 seed in district, let alone move past the district tournament. All of his teams outside of 2007 have had absolutely no fire or passion and it showed with underachieving seasons. I think some changes need to be made. He has alot of fire and he works hard at it but if you can't do anything outside of one year in 15 years coaching, you're obviously not doing something right. He either needs to get his act together or they need to let him go.

HHS 20 Antioch 1

I think HHS pitched everybody almost.

Jr. Austin Harris almost hit for the cycle (homerun, triple, two singles)

Understand tonight they had another 5 inning game @ McGavock.

Any scores from opening day? Had the opportunity to observe Beech open with a 10-0 win vs. Portland in 6. Strong pitching performance by Beech. The hits and runs came in bunches, as they usually do. Big test today against an always strong Goodpasture team.