mckenzie high school baseball

cptjack34

I like those tournaments and summer ball where guys from different schools get to play together. They get to meet each other make new friends and talk without the drama of HS baseball around. It's good to know some of the other guys on the teams you play during the season.

I wish all the players such as yourself much success and I hope you achieve all your goals. I can't wait for the season to start personally even though its our last one. I hope for an improved season for us but realistically I don't see a major jump. You guys and Huntingdon are the standard the rest of us are trying to get to. Both of you guys have "programs" and I don't know if anyone else in the district does. I know we don't. We have a team not a program.

Who do yall open the season with this year? We open with Riverside and then play in the Tomahawk Classic against Humboldt, Northside, Crockett Co, Halls, and TCA. We could very easily start 0-7. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> It should help us prepare for the district though.

i too was at the tournament in martin this past summer for a travel team..and have had the chance to play with some of the clarksburg guys and some players from centerville on my team and they have an increadible amount of talet for baseball..hitting wise the clarksburg team has a very good hitter who also hit a homerun in the martin tourny...we will see what happens /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like those tournaments and summer ball where guys from different schools get to play together. They get to meet each other make new friends and talk without the drama of HS baseball around. It's good to know some of the other guys on the teams you play during the season.

I wish all the players such as yourself much success and I hope you achieve all your goals. I can't wait for the season to start personally even though its our last one. I hope for an improved season for us but realistically I don't see a major jump. You guys and Huntingdon are the standard the rest of us are trying to get to. Both of you guys have "programs" and I don't know if anyone else in the district does. I know we don't. We have a team not a program.

Who do yall open the season with this year? We open with Riverside and then play in the Tomahawk Classic against Humboldt, Northside, Crockett Co, Halls, and TCA. We could very easily start 0-7. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> It should help us prepare for the district though.

i agree when you say about mckenzie being a "program" but that only goes for this past year in my opinion..this year the mhs baseball team has a team full of guys willing to give 100% and are willing to pick up and help any play when they might not be on their game..every player in this 2009 team has HEART..this year the team isnt about one player..its about everyone working together to get the job done..

What I meant by program ,and if I misunderstood your posts please correct me, is they have a kids developing in their local leagues getting ready for HS baseball. Then they have the tradition of winning established at the HS level. All of these things are advantages that us, Clarksburg, does not have. I am not complaining, it is just a fact of life.

We now have a good field and hopefully in the future they can get a indoor facility for weight training and practice. One big advantage that you guys with football teams have is a weight room, we don't have that. It shows up to. Some guys are just born strong the rest have to work at it.

Anyway the term program was not a dis but shows why you guys win so much.

Clarksburg Is A Work In Progress. I Remember Some Years Back, Matt Simpson Played Travel Ball With My Son.

Great Kid, And His Parents Are Top Notch As Well. Mckenzie Has Never Had The Problems That Clarksburg Has Had To Endure.

It'll Be Nice For Our District To Be More Competitive. Because The Stronger Our District The Better Our Representation, We Will Have At The End Of The Season.

Good Luck To Clarksburg, And If Ya Know Ricky Simpson Tell Him Bug's Daddy Said Hey.

Clarksburg should be very competitve this year in district . i think they will hit very well , and im not from there. Bird should be one of the most dangerous hitters in the district and could be all west tn. if they got any pub. at all the mc clerken kid is a good hitter too very fast. West carroll will be much improved too they played a lot of freshman last year and Huntingdon and McKenzie still should hav [lenty of talent top to bottom but i expect it to be a little more competitive for them this year than in years past. Bruceton will be young this year but expect them to play very hard as well

Yea we played with Matt summer of 07 on a Senior Babe Ruth team. Good player and good kid. Ricky is a really nice guy as well, his wife too but I can't recall her name. Don't see him often though.

I'll try to remember to do that but chances are I will forget to. I almost have to relearn my name after I get up in the mornings now. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Clarksburg Is A Work In Progress. I Remember Some Years Back, Matt Simpson Played Travel Ball With My Son.

Great Kid, And His Parents Are Top Notch As Well. Mckenzie Has Never Had The Problems That Clarksburg Has Had To Endure.

It'll Be Nice For Our District To Be More Competitive. Because The Stronger Our District The Better Our Representation, We Will Have At The End Of The Season.

Good Luck To Clarksburg, And If Ya Know Ricky Simpson Tell Him Bug's Daddy Said Hey.

Who else will pitch for yall besides Clint? Is he your #1 guy or ? I'm sorry but I just don't remember names all that well from one year to the next unless I know the kids outside of the HS games.

Our weakness will be the same as last year. Pitching and depth in the line up. You need 3 good starters to win the district IMO. You also need to be able to hit at between .250 to .300 with the 7 and 8 batters to consistently score enough. If not you will always find yourself a hit away from a really big inning.

I know you guys hit the ball well against us last year especially in the tournament.

Clarksburg should be very competitve this year in district . i think they will hit very well , and im not from there. Bird should be one of the most dangerous hitters in the district and could be all west tn. if they got any pub. at all the mc clerken kid is a good hitter too very fast. West carroll will be much improved too they played a lot of freshman last year and Huntingdon and McKenzie still should hav [lenty of talent top to bottom but i expect it to be a little more competitive for them this year than in years past. Bruceton will be young this year but expect them to play very hard as well

Who else will pitch for yall besides Clint? Is he your #1 guy or ? I'm sorry but I just don't remember names all that well from one year to the next unless I know the kids outside of the HS games.

Our weakness will be the same as last year. Pitching and depth in the line up. You need 3 good starters to win the district IMO. You also need to be able to hit at between .250 to .300 with the 7 and 8 batters to consistently score enough. If not you will always find yourself a hit away from a really big inning.

I know you guys hit the ball well against us last year especially in the tournament.

Clint McClain should start out as #1 starter because he is a senior. I expect two sophomores to be #s 2&3 Singleton and Dunn, but others will pitch some to depends on how they develop Cody Nelson has been working out to pitch he caucht every game last year good arm but no experience Gowan , a senior and Hayden McClain, a sophomore will pitch too . We hav lots of arms just hav to see how they come along.