CoachT

ELA

CoachT... someone from our local paper asked me a question I don't know the answer to (are you shocked)? Yes, I will admit when I'm wrong or don't know the answer so here is the question: "Do you count a Shuttle Pass (underhand forward pass where both players [QB and RB] are behind the line) as a pass reception or running play (like an option pitch)? The reason we need to know is because of how it effects the stats for a game and individual players!

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Posted by ELA:

CoachT... someone from our local paper asked me a question I don't know the answer to (are you shocked)? Yes, I will admit when I'm wrong or don't know the answer so here is the question: "Do you count a Shuttle Pass (underhand forward pass where both players [QB and RB] are behind the line) as a pass reception or running play (like an option pitch)? The reason we need to know is because of how it effects the stats for a game and individual players!

If it is dropped .......it is incomplete pass and not a fumble........thats why people like to run it. therefore it is a Pass

;) sometimes called Utah Pass

[Edited by iamoz on 8-27-02 11:48P]

Posted by coach763:
Posted by ELA:

If it is dropped .......it is incomplete pass and not a fumble........thats why people like to run it. therefore it is a Pass

;) sometimes called Utah Pass

[Edited by iamoz on 8-27-02 11:48P]

I would agree.

The only reason I bring it up is because there was some discussion as to whether it should count in the stats as a pass or a run. It is a small matter in the big scheme of football, but like pitchers stats in baseball, it means a lot to some people.

Thanks, we will consider it a pass for the record books.