Is OS Ranked too high?

Guest Wahmbulance

Guest Wahmbulance

Is it me or do you see a problem in the fan poll? I know Oliver Springs is a good team, but I'm not sure they're that good without a presence in the post. Isn't Morgan gone from that team? She was a fighter underneath when I watched them play once last year, do they have anyone with those size capabilities or ability to fight for the ball? I've heard they're getting a few new players but in able to play the way they do, they need a physical presence under the basket and I just don't see that.?

[Edited by SportsEyeview on 8-28-02 11:24A]

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think so,with everyone back but Morgan who was not a scorer,just a presence inside.They have the exchange student this year at 6'3" the leading rebounder Jessie Hackworth back as a sophmore and Wampler 6'0" who saw time as Freshman and did a good job, also have Goins back from Morristown who will be a force inside,so I think they will even be better inside. Not to say that Morgan was not a good player but OS will be better inside.And the poll is just peoples predictions doesnt mean much. :D

With a 6'3 Center from Europe, Goins transfering, Wampler and Hackworth( one of the top freshman in state last year) who are now sophomores OS should be drastically improved in the post next year. The 6'3 transfer from Europe supposedly can match many boys athleticiscm because of her sports background. With these indsi3e options and Laura running the point, My question wouldnt be asking if #3 is too high, but if its to LOW.

Guest Wahmbulance

From what I saw in Wampler this off-season was that she won't go inside, but will settle for a jump shot from the foul line which she missed more often than hit. As for the German girl, I'm not exactly sold on her basketball fundamentals. It's true you can't teach height, but skills is another thing. It's pointless to put a tlal girl who can't shoot or move in the post in there. Hackworth is a talented individual, but who will play the 4 and the 5?

It's probably a little pre-mature to talk about rankings that mean much two months before practice starts. The Fan Poll is just that. A team gets ranked high if a lot of people from a certain team and / or who like a certain team spend a lot of time on CoachT. From past experience, even the newspaper polls don't mean much when they come out if you are a team from a town that doesn't have a major newspaper or if your team isn't considered as having "tradition".

SportsEyeView, I'm glad this player who works herself really hard @ basketball, cross-country, AAU ball & a 4.0 GPA, and puts God 1st in her life will hopefully never see your comments on this board. Her plans are to attend college for an education which is also why she attends high school. Basketball is an extra-curricular activity, one that she loves but doesn't focus her every breathing moment around. I can't help but wonder if you couldn't hind behind a screen name would you say this ? With all of this nit picking of our kids in America today we often wonder about their self esteem. OS girls basketball team will do a good job this year because their true fans will support them not get on this board or any other board and tear them down.

Good Luck Ladies, Stay TEAM focused.

What others say doesn't mean anything to any of you. Keep it in the rectangle !!!!! :):):):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest Wahmbulance

You obviously misunderstood me when I spoke about Wampler. It's a term I like to call "Constructive Criticism". Did I say she was a horrible person and question her religion and beliefs? No, of course not. I believe with hard work and dedication she can d o anything she puts her mind to. As for doing other things beside basketball, I'm sure Hall would be a good example of how to focus on life and basketball, but still work her butt off to become one of the best, if not the best basketball player in the state. Coach Todd Wright has done some amazing things in Oliver Springs, and hopefully he can turn Wampler into the dominating players she wants to be. As for not listening to what anyone says, if this is who I believe it to be, aren't you very vocal at the basketball games? But I guess antagonizing referees doesn't count as criticism, correct? Practice what you preach. :)

Sports Eye View, I see where you are going with this post, and understanding this, I will will give you the info, but first here are some observations about Wampler's game. Going into her sophomore season at 6'0 tall she has become a deadly shooter around the basket and imporving as she grows and matures. Without question, she has a TREMENDOUS upside and will learn to bang and become that tenecious inside player that OS will rely on for rebounding, blocking, and inside threat. Already, she has the skills that many players at 6'0 and above desire- a smooth shooting stroke and basketball awareness. She has already attained this and just a sophomore. Again, her game is ever improving and stock is rising. You can say that about OS in general and with the new additions OS will be there in March competing for the Golden Ball. You mentioned the 6'3 German girls basektball background, or the lack of. From my understanding, she has basektball skills and did play in Europe. With that being said, OS post game is alive and well and this European phenom will dominant the goal area with her presence alone with intimidation, blocks, and rebounding. If she averages 8-10 ppg, its gravy. OS already has the scoring needed to compete, she is the peice to the puzzle. Now the peices are in place, let put it together and get this thing going........

Hows this for a lineup

Center 6'3 European Transfer

Forward 6'0 Wampler

Forward 5'11 Hackworth

Also, Goins from Morristown West figures into the equation.

I think OS post game will drastically improve and becsome a strength, not the liability that you are insinuating with this post.