Point Guards (underclassmen)

chasanooga

List point guards who are underclassmen (freshmen and sophomores) who have led their team at the point guard position this year.

Amanda McLaughlin Notre Dame; sophomore, she has averaged 16.4 points per game for her 5 games in the month of January. She has found a rhythm and is playing with great confidence.

Who are some other girls who have stepped up and found their game?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabethton's point guard is 5'1" sophomore Kristen Powell. What she lacks in height, she more than makes up for it in heart. She is lightning quick and can drive on anyone. She plays outstanding on the ball pressure defense and has more than held her own with opposing point guards, including South Greene's Rachelle Dye and Happy Valley's Cara Bowling. She is averaging about nine points and an eye popping nine assists per game. She is also an outstanding softball player and I think she may have a future in college athletics. A very fun player to watch.

Happy Valley also has an outstanding sophomore point guard in Cara Bowling. Bowling is about 5'7" and can score driving to the goal and bombing from the outside. She is a solid defender, passer, and rebounder as well. She is probably averaging around 15 per game, but has had several games in the 20's. She also has a bright future.

Id rather have a point guard with 5 points and 12 assists. (ok, Id rather have a PG with 15 points and 15 assists, but that is less likely to happen)

Anyways, a really good point guard is not necessarily a great scorer.

I do not know any of the kids or teams mentioned so far, so do not take that personal. Just sayin.

This opinion is strictly the opinion of GatorBill Inc, and is intended for GatorBill Inc and his audiences use only. Any other use, transmission or interpretation will be dealt with to the fulllest extent of the law. The Opinion of GatorBill Inc, does not necessarily refect the opinion of CoachT.com, its owners or subsidiaries

Elizabethton's point guard is 5'1" sophomore Kristen Powell. What she lacks in height, she more than makes up for it in heart. She is lightning quick and can drive on anyone. She plays outstanding on the ball pressure defense and has more than held her own with opposing point guards, including South Greene's Rachelle Dye and Happy Valley's Cara Bowling. She is averaging about nine points and an eye popping nine assists per game. She is also an outstanding softball player and I think she may have a future in college athletics. A very fun player to watch.

Happy Valley also has an outstanding sophomore point guard in Cara Bowling. Bowling is about 5'7" and can score driving to the goal and bombing from the outside. She is a solid defender, passer, and rebounder as well. She is probably averaging around 15 per game, but has had several games in the 20's. She also has a bright future.

Wow, Coach 17 has something nice to say about a South Greene player! Just giving you a hard time. Rechelle Dye has started since her Freshman year and has around 8 to 10 assists per game. You are right Powell has alot of heart and I love that. You don't see that much in players anymore. Rechelle Dye is the same way she will play you as hard as anyone. God Bless

#32 Caroline Warden Fr, Jackson Co. She is the QB for the team so to speak.

She has gotten better with every game.

I don't think she has had the green light to shoot outside, more than two weeks.

There is a lil freshman (randolph) on the Upperman team that may be the best ball handler onthe team. They will surely miss the Davis and Maynard kids next year, no doubt, but this kid will be able to handle the ball for the Bees. Havent seen enough of her game to know how well she shoots, but something tells me that this kid has game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />