Greenfield's Coach Glisson arrested

dynasty03

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jvaughan, hey whats up. I gotta give it you man, you showed alot of class by coming out and defending your coach. I think every player should show as much loyalty and respect to their coach as you do. No wonder you are the team captain. Good luck to you and your team on the upcoming season. ;)

[Edited by Izzy on 9-9-02 5:54P]

It does take guts to come on here and stand up for your coach. I wish more kids were like you.

On another note...I was not stating facts because I don't know coach or info. I was stating that hcity made a comment that the coach shouldn't be punished by the school. To me, that is wrong. The school gave the appropriate punishment. He didn't deserve to lose his job, but he was to be repremanded. People don't realize that he represents the school for which he coaches. To say that he shouldn't be punished would be like a coach not disciplining his player for something that takes place off the floor that is detrimental to the team. I believe Coach Glisson is a good person. He even said he made a mistake. Now he can move on and coach his team. I want to commend coach for taking responsibility of his actions. He's a true man, being accountable and admitting his error.

Posted by jvaughan:

< For those who don't know me, I am Adam Vaughan from Greenfield. I play and I'm the captian for the basketball team. Coach Glisson was not on his way to school. He had finished up a individual camp earlier that day. which was July 19. He had an absece(spellcheck) tooth removed earlier in the week and was instructed by the dentist not to get hot or he would have some pain. For the pain (this is for you hcity) he had the pills PRESCRIBED to him. They were his pills and he had to intent to sell or distribute them in any way form or fashion. Coach understands what he did was wrong and he iis going to serve a 20 school day suspension starting monday. But the whole point of this is for you to get the facts straight before you make make a post like that.

I have a couple of questions. 1. When and what are his liscense suspended for? 2. Was he driving the bus this summer with players on it with a suspended liscense?

Posted by hcity:

Lots of luck to ya'll, jvaughn, this year, I expect ya'll and Halls to be the best in the region. But watch out for SF, I feel that, despite major, major losses they might surprise some good teams.

You may be correct but don't count out Trenton and Mitchell just yet.

Thanks hcity. Don't know who you are or where you are from but good luck to your team whether you play or not. Trenton is a team you need to watch. McCullar and the other guard they have(wilson?) are probably one of the best guard combonations in the region. Don't know much about the rest of them but I do know they were a good team last year and didn't lose much from what I know. I'm really glad our district gets the region this year because if a trip to substate was on the line, (not saying I'm scared cause I ain't) playing them in their own gym would not be first choice. As for Mitchell, don't have a clue about them cause we've played them once in the 4 or 5 years they have been in our region and I was in the eight grade. I do know they have a guard that is a soph. or a Jr. that is supposed to be pretty talented.

you must not be a coach. If you were, you would know by saying that would be giving your players freedom to do anything off the court because it would be of no business to the coach. Everyone has accountabilty and even fans do to a certain degree. I agree that the coach has dealt with his punishment the school gave him and some misinformation was given. But what any coach does, affects everyone around him. So it does make it their business.