Rockwood/Grace

jerbear

A player fouling or turning the ball over has nothing to do with the coaching. That just shows lack of talent and/or composure. Coach K. is one of the best coaches I've ever seen in high school basketball and year in and year out he turns out good teams with mediocre talent in some of the years. He definitely knows the game and deserves the utmost respect and could coach at any level in the high school ranks and even low level college. Plus I love to hear him talk. It's not everyday you see a Japanese guy with a full blown southern accent /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Coach K. is a tremendous coach. I've heard people say all year that Grace would waltz through the district and I always said I thought Rockwood would give them a fit simply because of their style of play and their ability to stay calm. Rockwood doesn't make a lot of mistakes, they're patient on offense, they rebound well and play tremendous half court defense.

Now I'm not going to say that Rockwood will be in Murfreesboro at the end of the season, but they'll be in the mix.

I bet Grace is happy. Knew they had a chance at the end of the game.

OK 'blackhawkdown', I am very curious about you. I see that you are from Kingston and you have a lot to say about the Grace and Rockwood game. I'm confused, are you a Grace fan or do you simply dislike Rockwood? I, on the other hand, live in Kingston as well but my children have been going to Grace Christian for 5 years, (one just graduated). My opinion is that you obviously do not like Rockwood and I can understand since it is a county rival and I am sure it don't help matters also that little single A Rockwood has whipped AA Kingston 4 times straight the past 2 seasons. You keep saying that coach K is overrated.....I think you need to check your hometown school and its boys record. You will be lucky to get 10 wins in 2 seasons. Coach K is a very good coach, he has accomplished a lot. Coach Lamb (Grace) I think is an outstanding coach as well accomplishing a lot in just 6 years too.

Take it easy on your county rivals and watch what you say cause if you look at your schedule you will realize that out of the 5 schools in Roane County the past 2-3 seasons......Kingston is at the bottom when it comes to high school boys basketball.

missed this one ,Huh! Im sure there is a logical explanation. Grace 49 Rockwood 47, final.Grace has the better athletes but Rockwood has the better coach,probably one of the best around this area.I would have picked Grace in a blow out,WRONG!

Yes I did miss this one. Rockwood played a great game and I give them all the credit. But also I give Grace alot of credit by finding a way to win on a tough night. Its not the first one I have missed Skippy, I also thought the Grace /Greenback game would be a close one. BOY DID I MISS THAT ONE

• 5 weeks later...

Rockwood's coach is one of the best in the game as far as single a. Kamikawa(spelling) deserves a job at AAA. He gets the best out of his talent ever-year and definitely deserves an upgrade for a coach. When will Rockwood realize this???

Coach K has had numerous offers to leave Rockwood. But, he is to loyal and loves the green and gold. He won't leave.