Who will repeat as state champ?

intheshadow

Her Dad (Ricky) and her Coach (Becky) won't "push" her back into competition to quickly. I can assure you of that. Ricky and his wife have religiously followed Shelby all over the country watching her play softball and they aren't going to throw away a promising college career for a few high school games. If she isn't ready to go at the start of the season, Rachel Curtis and freshman Brooke Herron are more than capable of keeping Forrest afloat until Shelby is ready to play. Forrest has pretty much everyone back and is now complemented by more depth so don't be surprised if they are holding the big trophy high again this season.

Cascade,

Did Shelby have Tommy John surgery?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TCA did not GIVE Forrest anything. The Lady Rockets earned every bit of those two games. We thought it was extremely funny that they had to find hotel accommodations for Friday night.

I find it funny that you guys thought they should keep a hotel room just in case. They're not from down the road like Forrest. You guys won. Be gracious.

forrest didnt lose but one senior and trinity lost some more hitters tca has NO depth they had to put in 8th graders at state bc their veterans werent getting the job done and using the tennesse coaches is not an excuse if ivy cant play in front of someone who she already signed with what is she gonna do when she is on national tv. shelby stinnett is a great pitcher and Forrest is a team no one really knows individual girls but we all know forrest they also have great coaching with little pride something trinity needs to figure out they think they are the best and checking out of hotel rooms b4 forrest beat them the first time was not bright trinity has a great group of girls just no depth and a major jerk of a coach.

Ivy has played in front of her TN coaches countless times. All of which (except this one state appearance) have been in the summer when she is pitching against some of the best hitters in the country. The Weeklys seemed to be pleased with her every outing they've watched from what I've understood. I know she pitched in front of them two weeks ago at their pitching clinic and did great, they were very encouraged by her speed from 43 feet!

TCA did not GIVE Forrest anything. The Lady Rockets earned every bit of those two games. We thought it was extremely funny that they had to find hotel accommodations for Friday night.

I heard from 3 different sources (2 of which were not parents or really had any ties directly to the pitchers) that the Stinnet dad had stole TCA coach's pitching signs. The Forrest girls sure did take a lot of rise balls that stayed flat and hit curve balls to right field and waited patiently on some change-ups. I don't know, I don't watch for things like that but I do know that a team can hit lots better in the box and be relaxed if they know whats coming. Oh well, that was last year, a new season is approaching and I am sure Forrest and TCA will be there again along with some other great single A teams like Huntingdon and Friendship. I wish the best to all the teams across the state!

I heard from 3 different sources (2 of which were not parents or really had any ties directly to the pitchers) that the Stinnet dad had stole TCA coach's pitching signs. The Forrest girls sure did take a lot of rise balls that stayed flat and hit curve balls to right field and waited patiently on some change-ups. I don't know, I don't watch for things like that but I do know that a team can hit lots better in the box and be relaxed if they know whats coming. Oh well, that was last year, a new season is approaching and I am sure Forrest and TCA will be there again along with some other great single A teams like Huntingdon and Friendship. I wish the best to all the teams across the state!

Whatever. Good luck to all.

You'd think playing at that level, it would be pretty difficult to "steal" signals. Even if that is true (which I doubt) it is part of the game and good coaching on Forrest's part. Perhaps TCA will do a better job of disguising signals in the future. The "Stinnet Dad" as you chose to refer to , is an assistant coach and part of the staff and was doing his job if he figured the signals out.

You'd think playing at that level, it would be pretty difficult to "steal" signals. Even if that is true (which I doubt) it is part of the game and good coaching on Forrest's part. Perhaps TCA will do a better job of disguising signals in the future. The "Stinnet Dad" as you chose to refer to , is an assistant coach and part of the staff and was doing his job if he figured the signals out.

I don't think it was too difficult from what I heard in stealing the signs, you're right, they do need to do a better job at hiding them. I just wouldn't want to play the game like that. It sure does take a lot away from the pitchers at that point because the batter has an incredible advantage over them. It's not 50/50 anymore. The batter is relaxed knowing exactly what pitch is coming. Just my opinion though.

Oh and it was known that the Stinnet dad was a coach. I'm sorry I made it sound like I didn't know that.

Forrest had a good team and I sure don't want to take anything away from that. I was just saying that Forrest had a huge advantage over 2 good pitchers if they knew what they were throwing. I hope the Stinnet girl heals to 100% and will be ready. She's a great softball player!

Stealing signs in major league baseball is considered cheating & very unethical.

I don't kid myself for one minute to think that it still doesn't go on in the pro's or in high school & travel softball/baseball.

Most people that I've spoken with about this over the years (during travel ball) know who the coaches/teams are who do this are. These teams on the travel circuit generally become well known (disrespected)for this type of play/coaching.

It maybe part of the game as you say "cascade11" but it is cheating plain & simple, very disappointing to hear you advocating this type of play.

LET THE GIRLS PLAY!

Your sources were wrong. I don't do it and don't teach the base runners on second base to give loction away like most teams do. I know alot of coaches may get the signals and thats fine. I know we change signals every inning.

Ricky Stinnett