State Duals-D1

rigger101

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Chattanoogan.com:

Region 3 Duals Scenario: The region duals are set for Thursday night. If Bradley wins tonight, it will face Cookeville and Walker Valley will wrestle No.3 Cleveland. If the Mustangs win tonight the opponents will be switched. The winners then wrestle for the region title.

Region 4 Duals: Thursday at 6 p.m. ??“ 2008 state runner-up No.12 Ooltewah (11-6) at No.10 Soddy Daisy ??¦The winner advances to the state duals in Clarksville, (February 6-7), while the loser travels to the Region 3 runner-up in a state duals wild card match either Friday or Saturday.

So Regions look like this

REGION 1: SCIENCE HILL/DOBYYNS BENNETT

REGION 2: KNOX HALLS/SOUTH DOYLE

REGION 3: BRADLEY/CLEVELAND (PROBABLY)

REGION 4: SODDY/OOLETWAH (PROBABLY)

REGION 5: BLACKMAN/TULLAHOMA (PROBABLY)

REGION 6: INDEPENDENCE/RAVENWOOD (PROBABLY)

REGION 7: GLENCLIFF/ANTIOCH (PROBABLY)

REGION 8: MT JULIET/HENDERSONVILLE

REGION 9: CLARKSVILLE/DICKSON (PROBABLY)

REGION 10: ?/?

AM I WRONG??????

Most of them are this week. I read that Region 3 and 4 are Thursday. Region 5 had to move theirs to Wednesday probably because the Blackman freshman girls JV cheer squad got priority over the wrestling team for use of the gym.

FRESHMAN?...GIRLS?...JV?...CHEER TEAM?...PRIORITY over the wrestlers for the gym?the the gayest thing i've ever heard of.

FRESHMAN?...GIRLS?...JV?...CHEER TEAM?...PRIORITY over the wrestlers for the gym?the the gayest thing i've ever heard of.

They got it good over at Blackman. Our wrestling team gets kicked out of their practice area (cafeteria) for the girls soccer chili supper the day before the state tourney. And I wish I was making this up.

They got it good over at Blackman. Our wrestling team gets kicked out of their practice area (cafeteria) for the girls soccer chili supper the day before the state tourney. And I wish I was making this up.

Sad!

But most teams have been there!

It takes someone with some bucks or heavy juice to get the sports directors attention. With your big wins this year and maybe some State champs out of this bunch, do you think it will change?

I saw Farragut go from a Garage to a class room to? I don't know where they ended up but it was not good?

I would say Hendersonville than DB has the best wrestling room facilities at the schools my grapplers wrestled at.

Just keep pushing and letting them know how good the boys are.

Sad!

But most teams have been there!

It takes someone with some bucks or heavy juice to get the sports directors attention. With your big wins this year and maybe some State champs out of this bunch, do you think it will change?

I saw Farragut go from a Garage to a class room to? I don't know where they ended up but it was not good?

I would say Hendersonville than DB has the best wrestling room facilities at the schools my grapplers wrestled at.

Just keep pushing and letting them know how good the boys are.

rigger - my kid is at Siegel, and we are saving to buy a second mat right now so we have enough room for a growing team, so it looks like the cafeteria and chili supper bumps for a while. Blackman is similar, they use their cafeteria, not sure if they are looking at getting a building or not. A lot of the wrestlers in Rutherford County do use of the Sharpshooters facility on the weekends, summers, and when they are not using it.

It would be hard to beat the Jones Wrestling Center in Cleveland, they have a great setup there.

So Regions look like this

REGION 1: SCIENCE HILL/DOBYYNS BENNETT

REGION 2: KNOX HALLS/SOUTH DOYLE

REGION 3: BRADLEY/CLEVELAND (PROBABLY)

REGION 4: SODDY/OOLETWAH (PROBABLY)

REGION 5: BLACKMAN/TULLAHOMA (PROBABLY)

REGION 6: INDEPENDENCE/RAVENWOOD (PROBABLY)

REGION 7: GLENCLIFF/ANTIOCH (PROBABLY)

REGION 8: MT JULIET/HENDERSONVILLE

Dobyns Bennett won over South Doyle, 57-18... Dobyns Bennett will progress to the state duals...

Congrats to DB for a terrific win and making it to the state duals...

REGION 9: CLARKSVILLE/DICKSON (PROBABLY)

REGION 10: ?/?

AM I WRONG??????