Who have the all around team that can win the gold ball in 1A

MTiger

No idea... He might have played against UC a few years ago when UC won it's first Class A title over GBA... I know the McMasters kid was there... Shaugnessy may have been a freshman that year... Anyways, coming from Chatt they will be pretty well battle tested come region and substate time... There road to the state is somewhat easily draw out though... Their biggest game before possibly getting to state will be the district title game against Temple, if they win this they will roll into the region finals... and win or lose this game... they will probably win the substate, against a below part other region... If they lose the district title, then the biggest game will be the region semis where they would have to face a young, but talented CSAS team... then they wouldn't really care about the region title, and win in substate... I say don't care about region title, like I made reference above to... this region is better than the other region they will meet up against in the substate... in saying that it is always better to get to play at home in that kind of game, but I don't feel it will play that key of a role...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

due to his python like arms he tends to draw alot of attention causing him to have bull crap fouls called on him so , with that being said he averages around 15pts a game and 10 rebounds and right at about 5 blocks a game.

Thanks...glad you could take I was messin' with ya /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> It was fun to read though!!!!

i dont no why everybody is talkin bout these teams humbolt, mannasses, lake co., culleoka.....the real team is located in celina, tn called the clay co. bulldogs

Is that why u call yourself{thedream} thats to me is more than a nightmare! Meaning no put down but i don't think they could stay in the same building with Manassas,Humboldt,Lake County! Good Luck!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

yeah it could pan out to be a great championship. but who knows anything could happen, these teams might not even win.

its great its the playoffs!!!!

U are 100% right! Alot of people are counting their chickens before they hatch! Hey anybody can win on paper! That is why they play the game anything can happen!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Humboldt has to be at the top of everyone's list on this thread.I think the only other team that poses a large threat to them is Memphis Manassas...All the teams from the east don't have a clue just how good this Humboldt team is.By far the most athletic team in 1A and maybe even the whole state.Tevin Crayton is Humboldt's go to guy he's 6'6" long arms,quick,and a scoring machine.Charles Taylor plays the 2 gaurd pos. and is about 6'7" and again long arms,runs the floor well,and can take it to the front of the rim on ya and dish it off or slam it home.I think Humboldt shocks most teams they play...with just how talented they are I know that's what happened to LC last game...and this Humboldt team hasn't lost anything...they're getting better with every practice & every game.So I'd say Humboldt's number 1..but Manassas is a close second.

Last year UC went 38-0 does anyone know what the most wins in a season for a team? I know in 1949 HBT was 44-0 i don't know if any of know Doug Atkins he played on that team! He went to UT on Basketball Scholarship and he started playing football! He was an All American and played 17 years in the NFL and was a hall of famer!

I thought they went 37-0. and i may be mistaking but im pretty sure they were only the second team ever in 1a to do so. 97 Perry County team did it.

Yes GC, thats the name I was trying to think of......Seth Skogen. Now am I wrong here or was his dad not the coach of that Temple team? Yea, the Skogen kid was unstoppable in the first half of that game. Humboldt ran into another kid the year before in the semis from Grace baptist that had the same kinda game........can't remember his name either but he was a skinny white kid that hit 8 3's in the first half of that game. I understand that Grace is not as good as they were then. They had the big Mcmasters kid inside. I still say let me see Humboldt and Temple in the semis and Humboldt and Manassas in the championship........hope the brackets fall that way.

I played for cosby at the state tourney in 07 when that kid hit all those 3's against humboldt. im pretty sure his name was Davis Eldridge. that kid was plum wet!!!

I played for cosby at the state tourney in 07 when that kid hit all those 3's against humboldt. im pretty sure his name was Davis Eldridge. that kid was plum wet!!!

yes Davis Eldridge he owned the scoring record at GRACE until this year when Brandon Herman broke it with 46. Davis was money from three point range!! It was a work of art when he would go off on teams.